Kinetic Honda DX / ZX Thread

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Kinetic Honda DX/ZX Thread.

Hello sid,
it depends if you can find a clear lens that fits in that place. however the indicators are required to glow orange by law, hence you will have to change to bulbs that glow orange through clear lenses.

head light bulb is swapped by honda brio and led angle eye , but the mechanic says that you cannot add underseat mobile charger because it take too much load , i have added a windtone horn by removing fuse of battery[:D] sir what is led high beam assist ??

Thread Starter #247

I think I should not try any of my experiments on this rebored block, can I?

I didnt have touched my Kinetic for a week, 10th std work schedule! That's the reason I am not steadily active on TAI as before.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #249

The engine is getting peppier!
Driven only some odd 50 kms after rebore.
I was able to beat some Dio's, Activas, and a Wego in traffic with Rowdies on board on those scooters.
They got astonished when I opened the throttle!

Hi all,

popping in here after a very long time. Hope everyone had a good Dussera and Deepawali.

Back to the Sweety Kiny .... In the last couple of months I have been riding my pocket rocket comfortably without any mishaps. I have also learnt a few things in the meanwhile which makes me believe that the Kiny can be a decent tourer ofcourse not at 100kph but it can keep going on and on if ridden at 60 - 70 speed range. The main points of failure for a Kiny are the exhaust - due to its funny shape it cuts at the different bends, the drive - springs on the rear clutch fails. The carb is literally bullet proof. In almost a year of ownership I have serviced it only once. Another area is the CDI mine failed once. Last but not the least is the headlight. On my scoot its almost not there.
I am planning to rewind the coil which supplies power to the light system and do the lights up once in or all. That should happen in a week or two.
But my query for the day is about the drive train. Kiny uses something called a centrifugal clutch. The belt tightens on the clutch as the engine RPM increases. Till now I played with a couple of belts. one was a rollon make. This used to be a tight fit from the very beginning. So my initial pickup was high but high end would max 55 60. It just wouldn't go beyond. Later I tried a belt from Fenner. While fittin it we found that it was slightly loose. I was slightly skeptical about it. As I had guessed the initial speed was lower than before. But the top end increased noticeably. It does upto 75kph. Now my question is the ultimate power to the rear wheel comes from the engine though the belt. The speed at the belt is governed by the bells. The top speed depends on this. How can the bells be modified to give more high end speed? They can only open so much?
Does the activa use the same size drive setup as a Kiny? Please pour in your ideas / thoughts on this.

Kaushik

bhvm

Honoured Member

kaushik. the bells and belts you're talking is a CVT transmission. I suggest you watch some videos on CVT on YouTube to understand how it works.

I don't think there's any product readymade to alter the cvt performance. you may be able to tune it manually and experiment.with various ratios and belts.

there's this guy called RVSB who keeps doing 90-100 on kiney!

Now my question is the ultimate power to the rear wheel comes from the engine though the belt. The speed at the belt is governed by the bells. The top speed depends on this. How can the bells be modified to give more high end speed? They can only open so much?
Kaushik, you guessed it right. The secret is not in the clutch bell, but on the rollers. The weight of the rollers (centrifugal force generated by the rollers as the crankshaft spins) decide how much the bell has to open up at various speeds.
Check the below link for some theory.
Roller Weight Selection Guide : Monster Scooter Parts
There are rollers available for various performance requirements, but from outside India. Nevertheless you can get them manufactured here if you can do some mathematics and decide on the weights.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Hello Friends,
Can boric acid help a bike engine which won't start due to low compression?

Re: Kinetic Honda DX/ZX Thread. - My Kiny gets a new heart..

Hello all !!!!

Back here after a long absence. But I dont find much action on this thread in the interim. Have all the enthusiasts lost their bhp in the Kinetic Honda?[confused]

Almost six months since my last post. Needless to say there was not much to write home about. Absolutely no-problem ride. Except that once the drive belt started slipping. I was expecting some serious damage but on opening found out that the clutch rollers had excess grease on them and that had spilled out on the belt. A thorough cleaning was all it took to resolve the problem. I also managed to break the rear shock absorber in two pieces. This I replaced. The reason for this is the increased height of my bike. All the while though I was noticing a drop in peak power. The Kiny refused to go beyond the 60kmph mark even while going down hill and the accelerator at its top stop, but it held that speed. I was not very happy about it.

So this month I took the plunge and rebuilt the engine. Except for the engine casing, the bolts ( the big ones) and the cylinder head scrapped everything and got myself a new engine. A new Mahindra Bore piston for a Kinetic Zoom went in along with a fresh crank assembly. The rear clutch bell was replaced too. It was finally delivered on last Thursday. Due to the extreme heat I have not been able to ride it for long and have done a piddly 45 kms till now that too at speeds less than 45 45 kmph. Shame on me this is the first time a vehicle has taken so long and not even covered the first 500km. All new two and 4 wheelers that I have driven / ridden till date used to do it in 5 days flat. Age is sure catching up you see. But the ride has become ultra smooth. One of the body panels are loose or something and I need to address it. But it has become a makkhan to ride.

Now I will take time and give my bike a better lighting. Last but not the least it will get a coat of paints. But I think my rides will start after the initial 500km. Hopefully the atmosphere will cool down by then.

Will report again after the running in

Cheers

Kaushik

Top Bottom