Kinetic Honda DX / ZX Thread

deville_56

Honoured Member
Re: The Mighty Kiney – Kinetic Honda DX ‘92

Hi Deville!!!!!

Thanks for your response. But don't think I will let you escape so easy. I will pick your brains to realise my dreams ,, and i am serious.

Remember i had asked you about the failure points of the bike. Initially you said not too many. If that be the case then why can't it do 400km a day .. and what makes you say that the bike will fail?? This is a very academic question. Check out some of the rides on Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum. One guy rode from Australia to London on a 90cc Honda Postie. All i want to do is the golden Quad with the Kyni. Please help....

Lets point out the failure points. I will work on them in priority

Regards

Kaushik
I said not too many in the point of view for people intending to use it how it's ought to. What you are demanding is an endurance test.

I am not the kind of guy for you. This is just my ownership thread.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: The Mighty Kiney – Kinetic Honda DX ‘92

Very nice discussion you've got there folks. However I'm leaving early morning tomorrow for some trip. Will get back to you for sure.

Kaushik, I think we've met on some other forums. Your style of Writing Sure Rings a bell in my head. Were you taking part in Boric acid and oil additive experiments?

Thread Starter #228
Re: Kinetic Honda DX/ZX Thread.

Hi RS!!!!!

Boric Acid is a mild hydro-carbon. It has superior lubricating properties. I guess thats why someone told you to mix it with engine oil. So that the engine components get more free movement. Check this
Boric Acid treated Grease For Wheel & Axel Bearing | www.MPGResearch.com

According to this article due to unrestricted movement the writer got better performance.

Acetone on the other hand in controlled quantity aids combustion. This has been tested in 4 stroke car engines. On the other hand its detrimental to the engine in the longer run. BTw naptha is a by-product of petroleum.

But, RS!! i will request you not to try this on this puny 2-stroke heart. In my limited period of using this cute vehicle, I am a happy camper. Treat it with TLC (which you obviously do) it will never ditch you. I am planning on bringing this pocket rocket to its old glory. Please help me in realizing it with your technical knowledge.

Regards

Kaushik
Oh, I mean you call me in the name RS. Ok Mr. Kaushik, you can call me 'RS'!
I mixed three substances: Boric Acid, Acetone and 2T oil.
It doesnt form like paste, It was still an oil, but it was more slippery!
I mixed like this:
First mix 2T and Boric acid, then leave mixed it for 5 mins, after that, I poured 2.5 ml Acetone to that mixture. They all mixed well and the mixture was light blue green in colour.
I mixed it with 1.5L petrol.

And Acetone in controlled quantity (as you said) will NOT harm engine parts according to this: Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

Yes, I am having real TLC with my Kinetic[evil]!
Yes, you can get a better of how much I have TLC with my Kinetic if you get to know my top speed I have attained.
I tipped it to 95 km/h (speedo indicated)[evil]!!!
I modified and replaced the clutch shoes, belt, clutch bells, air intake system (Free Flow Air Filter, here after FFAF).

Yes, the guys at T-H*P modified the Kinetic by K&N, Porting, Shaving the head, Putting the Shogun block and Piston and kit, modified the whole clutch, modifying exhaust (installing bigger pipe and filters inside), quick throttle, upjetting, etc etc.
With these modifications, they beated the legends, the Shogun and the RX100 itself!!!!![glasses]

Thread Starter #229

Cleaned the Clogged HP filter yesterday.
Cleaned the carburettor on top with Acetone.
Sprayed some Acetone in the silencer through the silencer hole and started engine immediately, some black-ish substance came out. It must be Carbon build up.
And I drilled a somewhat big hole on the bendpipe. Driven by the mechanic's word that it would sound awesome, but it didnt![anger]
It sounded like hell and was so loud that all the persons on the street closed their ears.
Initially, it sounds like a RX but after going to the mid rev range, sounds like hell.
Going to weld that hole and do something else.

Thread Starter #230

Handling was poor, this problem started a month ago, front wheel was wobbling.
Asked my mechanic and he asked me to buy a set of front wheel bearings (set of 2). Each bearing costed Rs. 30 (yes, it was a local make). He changed bearing and cleaned the brake shoes, total labour cost was Rs. 50.
After that, handling as good but tyres don't have that confidence! Yes, both tyres are bald!
He also suggested me to change the suspension arm bush as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #231

So, after almost a month of rest she took, I refilled her with 100 Rs. petrol as usual but this time with a fuel additive (forgot its name but it was sure a local one, it costed Rs. 10 for a small sachet).
Kicked it with the key in OFF position for 5 times and started.
The engine was not sounding right, looked like something is wrong somewhere.
It had delay in between each stroke.
So, took off and the pickup was very lazy.
I shut off the engine and tried to start again but it didnt start. After kicking 2 times, it started on the 3rd kick.
The pickup was low and took it to my mechanic.
He gave me a bomb to rebuild the engine straightaway.
Then, I found out a method to postpone the engine rebuild.
I made a boric acid+acetone+2t oil mix and added that mix in 2 petrol tank directly and shaked the scooter well, and then, I ripped it like anything.
Actually, the boric acid I used converts into boron oxide under the high pressure and temperature of the engine.
The boron is a very strong metal, 80% strong as a diamond.
It is stronger than the material used to make the engine itself.
That boron coats all the parts wherever it goes and makes a strong layer of boron on them which will prevent corrosion and make the engine parts like new.
Also, this boron fills up the scratches in bore and piston.
I drove it ad the power was back but something was wrong with the carburettor setting.
It looked like it was idling more but doesnt had the enough low-end punch as it had earlier.

So, had my n00b hands on the carburettor.
I loosened 4 turns from full tight position and it didn't go above 20-25 km/h.
Then checked all the steps and loosened only 1/2 turn from full closed position and God what a power!
I was BLOWN away by the pickup!
Earlier it was loosened by 1 turn from full closed position and had enough punch.
This time, when I drove, it was like it gave a hard punch on my nose![:D]:stupid:

Yet to check mileage after this setup, previously it used to give 23 kms per 1.6 L petrol with a huge hole in bend pipe, Free Flow Conical Air Filter, Bigger main jets and rash driving style!

Thread Starter #232

I am feeling a drop in power after the engine heats up. Why it happens?

Thread Starter #233

Engine will be rebored on coming Sunday or next week.
Found that worn out Borepiston kit is the cause for the power loss after engine heats up issue.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Good luck mate.
Will it be re-bored to a larger size? I guess you're still going to see more Powah!!
Muwa ha ha ha (Devil laughter)

Thread Starter #235

Yes, going to rebore to 2nd oversize. Already on 1st.
Loss of power (Powah!) is the reason for rebore.

Found that the gear oil was not changed for 5 years!!![surprise]
Will change it immediately, that is the cause for less mileage.

Spark plug maybe upgraded to NGK, the present one and NGK looks like the same, brand is different. I tried both NGK and the current plug. Both give same performance.

Kinetic will get a new paint job, preferably flouroscent shade like orange![glasses] ("I am the most attractive GUY on the road" attitude!).

Thread Starter #236

OK, left my Kinetic to mechnic today evening only.
Will get it back by tomorrow evening.
Somebody please give me some tips or procedures for running in the rebored bore.

Thread Starter #237

Almost done, everything dismantled, block rebored, pistons bought, gearbox oil re-filled, just to reassemble them now.
My Kinetic is going to roar AGAIN and tear up those eardrum who hear that roar! It was sleeping and everybody was in such a relief!

Andddd, Paint job! What colour to choose? Dropped the flouroscent shades atleast for now. Those shades increases the chances of getting caught to cops.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #238

Came home!!!!!
A huge power bump is noticeable. Exhaust note completely changed, sounds like an EC plugged in, so loud like a rat bike!

Mechanic advised to avoid sudden acceleration and speeds below 40 kmph for the first 500 kms and then to slowly teach the engine to enter the power band for the next 500 kms and after that open up the engine, rip it up, dont leave it to be under 50 kph all the time otherwise the engine will struggle to cross 50 kph if ridden like that.

Total cost was Rs. 1140 incl. gearbox oil change and some mild cleaning in head.

Piston had a thick coat of carbon on the piston, about 2-3 mm!

Performance is the best part, had my mechanic on my Splendor and me on Kinetic, dragged up to 60 kph, Kinetic was in the lead till the race finished[:D]

bhvm

Honoured Member

For paint try metallic Blue or Green.
Also Lime green with Black decals would look cool.

Finally I mean finally the Kinetic is Come back to its original glory. happy for you RVSB. may u drive many more happy miles on it. for choice of colours i go with Bhvm.

Top Bottom