Kids Bike - Suggestion Required

Thread Starter #1
My 8 year old nephew is much interested in bikes and cars. He helps me out in all my activities with my bike right from cleaning to repairing. I wonder to his age, he keeps asking questions on automotive aggregates 'what is this? what is this for? what if not this? what if this fails?'

One fine day I was browsing some UK used bikes website as I'm travelling there shortly, and my nephew pointed a kid bike in the advertisement and asked me 'Can you get me such a bike?' when I turned towards him, suddenly he said "I won't drive fast as you do!"[frustration]

This is the first occasion he placed me a request or asked me something for him, for which I said "Sure dear, but not now. Once you grow up let me get you". I could feel the disappointment from his face, then the topic changed and hope he forgot (may be) about the same.

Suggestions from each of you are required on the list below,
1) Is it adviceable to get him a bike at this age? BTW he rides bicycle pretty good from the age of 5
2) If yes, any kids bike readily available in India (No to my knowledge) or
3) Which is the best engine to fabricate a kids bike locally? (speed should not exceed 25~30kmph, no matter what so ever the mileage it delivers)

Suggestions from each of you are required on the list below,
1) Is it adviceable to get him a bike at this age? BTW he rides bicycle pretty good from the age of 5
2) If yes, any kids bike readily available in India (No to my knowledge) or
3) Which is the best engine to fabricate a kids bike locally? (speed should not exceed 25~30kmph, no matter what so ever the mileage it delivers)
Mr. Boss, looks like your kid is a future TAI'n in making[clap].
Coming to your query, i feel he is too young even to ride bikes. Let him enjoy cycling for the time being, once he is old enough to understand the real traffic conditions, you can get him a Electric bike/scooter to satisfy the biker in him.

Thread Starter #3
Sorry I've missed out onething on my previous post.
The bike will not be taken to the road, it will be driven just outside our house, where hardly 5 automobiles passes per day. It is the private area and the street will be used by ourself and 3 of our neighbors only.

No problem at all in getting him a small kid's bike that can't exceed 25-30kmph. And he must not be allowed on the roads or places where there might be other traffic, be it residential area as well. And he should only ride under adult supervision and somebody must always be there to watch over him.

Go on and make him happy.[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Could someone help me in sourcing the bike, if it is readily available?
Or, which is the best engine for fabricating at any local garage? Any specialized mechanic available at Chennai / Coimbatore?

Many of them as asking about this .
Kids these days seems to enjoy a lot.

Kid bike should be give to a 5 yr old only under a strict supervision and on a private road or ground.

Some are available , some a fabricated.

imo ,
a bajaj sunnny engine must help. sourcing smaller tyre will be one main job and fabricating the bike is another job , but both can be done !!

Top Bottom