Kia Seltos Makes Global Debut In India

Nice coverage !! vibhor and akash. Booked my Kia Seltos HTE diesel steel silver(Am I the first TAI member to book it ?). Waiting period 2-3 months. Did couple of test drives and it was really impressive.

Just counting the days for its delivery !! [:)]

Seltos from the perspective of a Ecosport owner

Today after office hours visited KIA showroom at Trichy. I was greeted by a nice lady. I told her that I want to see the seltos. Immediately one sales representative came forward and took me to the car. The showroom had four display cars GTX 1.4, HTX+ 1.5 D, HTK+ 1.5D and HTK 1.5D. Me and the sales person set inside the car. I asked him about the variants, price, availability of the car, how many cars they have delivered, servicing facility etc. He replied everything very professionally. I liked it. There was no pushing or over enthusiasm from his side. I asked for a TD and immediately he arranged the TD car. It was a diesel HTX+ model. Took a long TD. There was no unnecessary talk or pressure from the sales person during the TD. He just let me drive as per my wish. I must repeat he was very professional.
Now, about the car:
What I liked:
  • Premium feel when you sit inside the car. Now, my 2013 model Ecosport interior looks spartan.
  • Driver and front passenger seat support is way better compared to my Ecosport. Under thigh support is really good. Front seats are very comfortable.
  • Interior fit and finish is good. Quality of material on the dashboard is good.
  • View from the driver seat is good compared to ecosport. You can see the full engine bonnet from the driver seat.
  • Interior space is better compared to ecosport. However, you cannot say that this is a very spacious car.
  • Smooth diesel engine and slick gear box.
  • All the controls are very smooth.
  • Good ride quality compared to ecosport.
  • Nice horn.
  • Cruising ability. I was doing 100kmph in 6th gear at just below 2k RPM. Whereas my ecosport does 100KMPH at around 2.2K-2.3K RPM.
What I did not like:
  • Messed up variants. Even HTK+ does not get adjustable rear seat headrest, rear armrest etc.
  • Few cheap quality plastics lower the dashboard and near the hand brake area.
  • Inside door handles feel very filmsy.
  • In HTK and HTK+ model the rear seat area looks cheap compared to the front seating area.
  • Driving position is not as high as ecosport.
  • Even though the power and torque figures are higher compared to ecosport the same is not felt during actual drive. May be due to poor low-end torque. I was expecting a powerful engine with great acceleration. You need to push the engine hard for a quicker acceleration. Compared to this my 1L km run ecosport low end torque is way better.
  • Steering is not as direct as ecosport. Also, there is a minor play in the steering. In handling department Ecosport is way better.

Just return back from test drive.
I looked at it and i'm in love with it. Its premium quality just blows Harrier out of the water.

I took diesel manual test drive. Engine is so silent and vibration free at idling that I mistaken it for petrol. Superb outside noise masking. Two year back when I was in the market for diesel car, I did not find Creta value for money and premium for the price they are asking. But Seltos yes.

All is not rosy picture. Zero steering feed back. Clutch throw is longer (Tata (Safari) wins here)

Last edited:
Blowing Harter out of which water?
Just return back from test drive.
I looked at it and i'm in love with it. Its premium quality just blows Harrier out of the water.

I took diesel manual test drive. Engine is so silent and vibration free at idling that I mistaken it for petrol. Superb outside noise masking. Two year back when I was in the market for diesel car, I did not find Creta value for money and premium for the price they are asking. But Seltos yes.

All is not rosy picture. Zero steering feed back. Clutch throw is longer (Tata (Safari) wins here)
Blowing out of which water? Seletos is not even in race with Harrier. That's a different segment so please don't take compare here with harrier or hector or Jeep Compass

Blowing Harter out of which water?

Blowing out of which water? Seletos is not even in race with Harrier. That's a different segment so please don't take compare here with harrier or hector or Jeep Compass
Really?
On what basis they are not in same class? I think you are referring to engine capacity. Diesel engine power is not depend upon engine capacity. Recent trend is 1.5 l diesel.

BTW I found Seltos more specious than Compass.

Really?
On what basis they are not in same class? I think you are referring to engine capacity. Diesel engine power is not depend upon engine capacity. Recent trend is 1.5 l diesel.

BTW I found Seltos more specious than Compass.
Then I guess we should consider Ford endeavor and Toyota Fortuner in league. Between where iz Hyundai Tucson hiding here.

Thread Starter #57

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Kia Seltos’ latest global Ad: Check it out

Kia Seltos is not an SUV exclusive for Indian market it is sold internationally in other markets as well. Here we have a video from Kia Motors Worldwide which showcases the latest global advertisement for the new Kia Seltos SUV.

Read:

Thread Starter #58

Nairrk

Honoured Member
What makes the Seltos a badass SUV: Kia Motors explains in an official video

kia-seltos-global-tvc-featured.jpg

Seltos is indeed one of the most bold looking SUV currently in the Indian market. The SUV got launched here earlier this year and became an instant hit. It competes with the likes of Tata Harrier, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector in the segment. Before launch, Seltos was advertised by saying that it is “inspired by the Badass in you”, which eventually means that Seltos is a badass SUV. But what makes it a Badass?, Kia has now released an official video on their youtube channel explaining the what makes Kia Seltos a Badass SUV or the formula of a badass.

Read:

Thread Starter #59

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Kia Seltos electric SUV launch planned – Debut exp in 2020

kia-seltos-electric-india-launch.jpg

The Seltos EV (internal codename: SP2 EV) will see its first light sometime in 2020, exclusively in Asian markets. Production will be limited to less than 10,000 units for the first year and for the entire world. The company plans to increase the supply later on, in accordance with the demand.

The Kia Seltos EV will most likely employ the same electric powertrain as the Hyundai Kona; a 204bhp motor coupled to a 64kWh battery pack. One can expect a range of at least 350km on a full charge since the Kona has close to 400km as a company-claimed figure. In certain global markets, Kia Motors has already got the Soul EV and Niro EV under its belt.

Read:

Thread Starter #60

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Kia Seltos Bookings Cross The 1 Lakh Mark

he Kia Seltos juggernaut keeps rolling on. The much celebrated and very popular compact SUV has seen bookings now breach the 100,000 units mark. The Kia Seltos SUV had already surprised the market with over 30,000 pre-bookings at launch. It then went on to scale the 50,000 and 80,000 bookings peaks in early October and late November respectively; The car has been one of the most popular new products, and the country's best selling SUV since its arrival in August 2019. The demand for the Seltos has taken even Kia India by surprise. This is especially true for the diesel variants – which has seen bookings go well past internal company estimates at the start of production. There is also huge interest seen in the higher variants. A bulk of the bookings are in fact for the very top end GTX+ (1.4 T-GDI petrol), HTX (1.5 petrol), and HTX+ (1.5 diesel) variants.

Read:

Top Bottom