Kia Seltos DCT or Skoda Superb Diesel?

Thread Starter #1
I have a Kia Seltos DCT, ABOUT 9 MONTHS old and done 6000kms. Now my friend has a 2017 model Skoda Superb Style diesel model done 17000kms. Now he says let's exchange our cars provided I pay him extra 2 lakhs. Iam confused now.I like the superb very much but will it make any sense if I go for the exchange. Whats your opinion pls.

The comparison is between 2 different segments, 2 different types of vehicles - A compact SUV vs Luxury Sedan .
Is the superb also an automatic?
If it had been me , I would keep seltos , as during these times definitely Skoda won't fetch much resale value. Moreover Skoda has poor reputation of ASS.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have a Kia Seltos DCT, ABOUT 9 MONTHS old and done 6000kms. Now my friend has a 2017 model Skoda Superb Style diesel model done 17000kms. Now he says let's exchange our cars provided I pay him extra 2 lakhs. Iam confused now.I like the superb very much but will it make any sense if I go for the exchange. Whats your opinion pls.
Stick with KIA. Skoda maintenance is never going to be easy. Moreover, it is difficult to trust the aftersales of Skoda. Many auto sites are filled with negative reviews of Skoda's aftersales and mind-you its not just one person's opinion, infact, a significant chunk of Skoda car owners aren't happy with the aftersales. On the other hand, KIA is also related with Hyundai so rest assured you'll be in safer hands as compared to Skoda because so far KIA has read the Indian market quite well and their offerings are doing well in the market too.

Regards
Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Don't go for the skoda. Even in warranty period you might have to wait for weeks for parts to arrive in case something goes wrong which definitely will.

Thread Starter #5
Don't go for the skoda. Even in warranty period you might have to wait for weeks for parts to arrive in case something goes wrong which definitely will.
Thank you very much.

Stick with KIA. Skoda maintenance is never going to be easy. Moreover, it is difficult to trust the aftersales of Skoda. Many auto sites are filled with negative reviews of Skoda's aftersales and mind-you its not just one person's opinion, infact, a significant chunk of Skoda car owners aren't happy with the aftersales. On the other hand, KIA is also related with Hyundai so rest assured you'll be in safer hands as compared to Skoda because so far KIA has read the Indian market quite well and their offerings are doing well in the market too.

Regards
Akash
Yah,thank you very much.

The comparison is between 2 different segments, 2 different types of vehicles - A compact SUV vs Luxury Sedan .
Is the superb also an automatic?
If it had been me , I would keep seltos , as during these times definitely Skoda won't fetch much resale value. Moreover Skoda has poor reputation of ASS.
Thank you very much.

Very Interesting....If your friend initiated this exchanging plan then why does he wants 2L on top. Else in case you initiated this then you may need to pay the top up amount.
When come to drive, KIA is a SUV and it is completely different from superb's sedan class. Even though Skoda is luxurious I would have retain KIA always. KIA has a better after sales service at least here in Bengaluru, should be good at your place too. But finding SKODA service center is difficult even though it has service tenure of 15K km. So it is not a good idea to go for Skoda when you have a recent, proven KIA in your hand. I would suggest to Keep KIA with you. Happy driving.

Top Bottom