Kia Motors' Aggressive Plans For India

Re: Kia Motors eyeing the Indian Market

^^ But without Production in india, how they could compete with Hyundai here?
That's a big question mark. Unfortunately, KIA is not a well known brand and so it's products will not be accepted well in the Indian market if not priced well.

Here in Dubai though, Hyundai and KIA sell like hot cakes (after Toyota and Nissan). I would have happily bought a Optima or Sportage, but they did not fit in my budget.

Kia soul spotted in india

A Kia representative had mentioned the company at the moment has no plans to enter India, however a Kia Soul has been spotted in India. The Kia Soul (4140mm) is larger hatchback, which is a little longer than the Ford Ecosport (3999mm).
The Kia Soul might have come in for benchmark testing by some other automotive manufacturer? The Kia Soul has been spotted by a Team-BHP member in Hisar, Haryana. The interesting aspect is that this car has been registered in Bhutan, as the number plate suggests BA-12 Cha 1289 and not for any benchmark testing.
The Kia Soul has 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre petrol options, and it gets six-speed manual and automatic transmission. But the Kia doesn’t have the ground clearance of the SUVs, as it is a hatchback, somewhat at par or above the Hyundai Elite i20.

The interesting bit here is that Kia is present in Bhutan, and it still hasn’t made an official appearance in India, when Hyundai has been second largest car market share holder in the country. The Korean duo could share their R&D centres and as they also share platforms, this will give them an increase in quantity and also bring down their cost too. Hyundai has made India as their export hub, but it seems Kia might not enter our market anytime soon

Source:Kia Soul spotted in India - MotorOctane

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Kia Motors Eyeing For Entry in Indian Market

Friends,
Korean carmaker Kia Motors has kick-started the process of developing products specifically built for the Indian market to compete with Maruti Suzuki, the biggest carmaker.

As Hyundai has already declared its intentions of shifting focus to the premium customers with products like Creta and Elite i20, the void in the cost-competitive segment (sub Rs 4.5 lakh) could be filled by Kia.
Link

Regards

Akash

Tamil Nadu Government Offers 390 Acre Land For Kia Motors' Upcoming Plant. Now the Government is hopeful that the automobile manufacturer would set up the manufacturing plant in the state.

Source

kkn13

Suspended

Seems Hyundai-Kia want to shake the market
Kia is generally more popular than Hyundai abroad

They might successfully pull off what Maruti wanted to do with Nexa
One slightly premium/sporty brand and one economical etc
Similar to VW, Skoda

Yup, AP govt is attracting industries and MNC with their schemes and drit cheap land pricing.

Seems Hyundai-Kia want to shake the market
Kia is generally more popular than Hyundai abroad

They might successfully pull off what Maruti wanted to do with Nexa
One slightly premium/sporty brand and one economical etc
Similar to VW, Skoda
As per information from an insider, KIA is more likely to produce Hybrid Hatch and sedans and a compact SUV for Indian market by 2019.

Being in Chennai, it is disheartening to see such a big brand like KIA pulls out of TamilNadu due to corruption.

Source 1
Source 2

Until people stop getting money to vote, the fate of TamilNadu will be going in downward trend.:offtopic:

Yup, AP govt is attracting industries and MNC with their schemes and drit cheap land pricing.
Congrats AP people for having elected a good leader in attracting big industries. This gives huge job oppurtunities..[thumbsup]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Re: Kia's Agressive Plans For India, Sporty Cars Coming!

Kia Motors is finally around the corner in India. They're conducting dealer roadshow on following dates:

• 08 - 09 August: Delhi (JW Marriott, Aerocity)
  • 16 - 17 August: Mumbai (ITC Grand Maratha)
  • 23 - 24 August: Bangalore (Taj West End)
  • 01 September: Kolkata (Taj Bengal)
The official websites are up as well: Kia Motors India and Kia Roadshow India.

Kia-1.png

Kia-2.png

Kia-3.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

kkn13

Suspended
Exciting times ahead, I like Hyundai cars but the Kia counterparts seem more comfortable in the driver seat(Grand i10, i20 are quite low as are their steerings for someone as tall as me)

It will be interesting how Hyundai-Kia plays up in the market. There may be a plan to end the MSIL dominance in this combined fashion.

Top Bottom