Keys to Happiness - My TATA Nano; Our Snowbell!

Thread Starter #78
Just to update, It's been almost a year that we have our Snowbell; I have completed over 5,000 Km's. I know it is not much, but that's because my daily drive is a public transport AC bus and train in the evening (Not for the affordability bit but because of convenience).

The mileage has improved marginally and keeps on hovering between 17.86 to 19 KMPL.

Lastly, no niggles whatsoever in any form or shape!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #80
My car is about to complete a year now and is due for it's second service. Have booked it with Wasan Tata at Kandivali as always for 17th February. Till last week, nothing major but from today onwards, I am facing 2 critical issues:

•Sometimes while moving the vehicle there's an irritating churrrrrrrr sound that the car makes. I am assuming it is from the brake cylinders but cannot confirm. Also, just like when we visit a doctor and some illness sympotoms disappear, so does this noise. What could be the source of this sound?
•Driver seat has stopped supporting my back since today morning. It it reclining more than what I would want it to be. Would the service center guys understand what I am talking about? I don't want to end up with a hump on my back.
Apart from that, everything else is okay; mileage hovers between 18-20 with AC and is a delight to drive in town.

About the first issue,yes its the rear parking brake drums that makes screeching sound if you move your car after some days(speaking from experience :-).For the second issue,well the denter should be able to fix the back support if it has become little loose.BTW,great to see the mileage figures of 18-20 kms with AC under intense Mumbai traffic.My XETA delivers a max mileage of around 12 kmpl inside the cities,though highway mileage is good at around 16 kmpl!

Thread Starter #82
About the first issue,yes its the rear parking brake drums that makes screeching sound if you move your car after some days(speaking from experience :-).For the second issue,well the denter should be able to fix the back support if it has become little loose.BTW,great to see the mileage figures of 18-20 kms with AC under intense Mumbai traffic.My XETA delivers a max mileage of around 12 kmpl inside the cities,though highway mileage is good at around 16 kmpl!
Dear Xover,

Thank you for your response. I am hoping that the A** is able to fix the issue else, I'll raise this to TAMO [:)].

Yes, the mileage is the biggest plus point of the car and is really good. My Zen too gives me only 12-14 at the max inside city limits but hats off to the Nano. My daily ride is Nano and weekend drive is Zen.

Thread Starter #83
Dear all,

Nano is back from the service and I am as always, extremely happy with Tata Service. I reached early (much before the workshop opened) and as soon as they opened, I was attended to immediately.

All my issues were heard politely and they also discovered some problem areas in the car and on their own suggested the remedies (FOC).

Brake noise issue - Resolved.
Seat Issue - Seat to be replaced under warranty; will keep a tab with the A**

Dear all,

Nano is back from the service and I am as always, extremely happy with Tata Service.
Tata's service standards have improved over a period of time,but a non Tata owner is not able to recognize that, i guess Tata should make more noise in terms of their marketing strategy.

Top Bottom