Keys to Happiness - My TATA Nano; Our Snowbell!

@amtak.
the fuel tank of nano is 15L
3 L reserve(E blinks)
2L each bar.(i have 6 bars totally)

@VishnuNArayanan.OT:
I tried the Parasalla route. they have widen it. but still little traffic in the balaramapuram area. goods roads . not much turnings compared to the other and shorter too

@amtak. I got a news that new nano 2012 has 5 bars . is it true?
Please dont try more than 80 in the 1st 1000 KMs. i tried and got some noise in the engine. i took the car to TASS and told them as if i dono anything and they replaced some parts(not told which one) in warranty

Please dont try more than 80 in the 1st 1000 KMs. i tried and got some noise in the engine. i took the car to TASS and told them as if i dono anything and they replaced some parts(not told which one) in warranty
Is there any alarm or spead breaker or speed limiter like something that restricts you from speeding above certain speeds ? Do explain about the stability at 60+ speeds !

Is there any alarm or spead breaker or speed limiter like something that restricts you from speeding above certain speeds ? !
No there is nothing like that, in fact the speed limits for the current gear is put up on all the tata cars in front of the wind shield which is much appreciated.

BTW saishibu do you face any kind of body roll in your nano at high speeds? And what was the top speed you attained?

@Vishwas there is a speed limit for each gear
1st-30kmph
2nd-60
3rd - 80
4th-110

At these limits the fuel to engine is cut off and the speed reduces automatically to the set speed.

I have reached 110kmph and a yellow light(check engine) flashes and car wont go more than 110.
about the body roll- when i touch 90kmph the steering vibrates but this stopped after wheel alignment.
@Vishnunarayanan:after 60+ no probs. one must really take good control after 90+
BTW in highways if you want to take a quick overtake you need to shift down. (I do this in Kerala roads- as i see most people drive in the mid- road- No Offence):)

Thread Starter #38
Yes, I think it is correct. Will check the owner's manual and reconfirm. I am sticking to below 80 right now.

lxi.

Suspended
1st-30kmph
2nd-60
3rd - 80
4th-110
@Saishibu, I have touched all these speed in these gears in my Alto when it was 1.5-2 months with 700-800kms on the odo! :stupid:
Actually at that time, Since alto is a tiny car with a tiny engine (No complaints), I thought that in 4th gear, It will fly off from the road as in Computer Games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishibu38380
Yes, I think it is correct. Will check the owner's manual and reconfirm. I am sticking to below 80 right now.
On the owner's manual, it says not more than 60 kmph for first 1000 kms. I'm done with 1200 kms now and clocking above 80 smoothly. [cheers]

Went to 105 once on empty highway at night.. the dashboard mysteriously lit up and had a lot of jerks on steering wheel.. so slowed down a bit.

Is there some way to reduce the jerks at 80+ speeds?

@BInayperiwal
another nano member here.
On the owner's manual, it says not more than 60 kmph for first 1000 kms.
i guess it will be on the windshield too. follow the speed and gear shifts mentioned with minimum breaks. you will definitely get the mileage said by tata
you have alloy wheels or the steel wheels?
for me the light glows at 110kmph and the fuel cuts off
no steering vibrations till 100KMPL. i guess a wheel alignment is requires. better get this done in mrf T&S. i dont recommend TASS because i lost my front 2 tyres in 10000km due to their improper alignment. it will not cost you more than 1000(for me here in tamilnadu wheel balance+alignment+front 2 tyres change= 850rs)

Congrats on the Nano! do post pics of interiors (if you have added any seat covers etc. Also one pic for the ICE please

BTW in highways if you want to take a quick overtake you need to shift down. (I do this in Kerala roads- as i see most people drive in the mid- road- No Offence):)
Traffic sense is like that here[:D]In Trivandrum almost all main roads are two lines.No one except a few who are aware follow lane system.Zig Zag manner driving is the most common style here[:D]
regarding quick overtaking.I too does the same while overtaking(downshifting the gears).It helps in increasing the speed at out will and take control over the situation.[;)]

@BInayperiwal
another nano member here.
i guess it will be on the windshield too. follow the speed and gear shifts mentioned with minimum breaks. you will definitely get the mileage said by tata
you have alloy wheels or the steel wheels?
for me the light glows at 110kmph and the fuel cuts off
no steering vibrations till 100KMPL. i guess a wheel alignment is requires. better get this done in mrf T&S. i dont recommend TASS because i lost my front 2 tyres in 10000km due to their improper alignment. it will not cost you more than 1000(for me here in tamilnadu wheel balance+alignment+front 2 tyres change= 850rs)
Thank you SaiShibu.. Following you from Facebook [cheers]

Really appreciate the modifications you've done.. Just adds the personal touch to the Nano. I too would like to do in future [:)]

I keep checking my tyres for wheel alignment like Vinod Nair has said.. with the treads and all... no signs of improper alignment so far.. Planning a long trip tomorrow.. no misalignment detected in 1st service also. Just that I can feel the Nano shaking over 80.. should not be such a big problem since I don't drive too often above 80. [:)]

Top Bottom