Keys to Happiness - My TATA Nano; Our Snowbell!

@LXi. its good you gave my link:)
@amtek. congrats for your nano buddy. its cool you got pearl white. do drive it very carefully avoid hits and scratches. the paint is very much costlier than all other colors in nano.
remote locking dont get the one from tata. i guess it doesnt have the alarm. only lock open and close. it costs rs2500+labour. parking sensor get from tata dealer only. its specially designed to fit in nano's dash(made by autocop)-2300rs(in my area)

when i got my nano there was no white so i got cx. now my nano is somewhat close to LX except power windows
for any doubt in nano you can contact me :)

Thread Starter #18
Thank you all. I am pretty sure I am going to enjoy my stay here; some of you already know me from other forums and I am going to ensure that I keep my thread updated and also be an equal contributor.

I think the car cost was in the range of INR 260,000 (including accessories); since it's a gift, I really do not have much clue on the pricing! however, I am enjoying the tall boy to it's fullest!

Thank you all. I am pretty sure I am going to enjoy my stay here; some of you already know me from other forums and I am going to ensure that I keep my thread updated and also be an equal contributor.

I think the car cost was in the range of INR 260,000 (including accessories); since it's a gift, I really do not have much clue on the pricing! however, I am enjoying the tall boy to it's fullest!
What about adding some hot alloys?

lxi.

Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak

Hot Alloys with a Cool Bodykit!

i know its too early to ask you about the mileage.[glasses]Whats the mileage you are getting?
do heard that the AC in the tata nano is a real chiller. How is the experience you had with your AC ? Please do comment about the pick up and acceleration while the AC is turned on !

@vishnunarayanan. the AC is really super cool. it needs periodic filter cleaning every 2000Kms. the performance is poor when ur car is under direct sun parked for long time.
TASS says i get mileage of 33.33kmpl(recently checked). am i really getting it. i still donno.:P i drive 200 kms and it eats 3 bars of petrol(each bar = 2L and reserve 3L). these all happens in Kerala highways.
pick up with and without AC - i feel similar

@vishnunarayanan. the AC is really super cool. it needs periodic filter cleaning every 2000Kms. the performance is poor when ur car is under direct sun parked for long time.
TASS says i get mileage of 33.33kmpl(recently checked). am i really getting it. i still donno.:P i drive 200 kms and it eats 3 bars of petrol(each bar = 2L and reserve 3L). these all happens in Kerala highways.
amazing mileage ! i have a maruti 800(bought in 2012 for our small city uses and my commutation) and i do have not ever attained mileage figures above 15 yet(may be due to my driving style). Hope it will improve with the first service as M.A.S.S. people say.
Many Kerala roads are filled with potholes.The experience you had in your mileage figures while driving in Kerala [:D] is a everyday happening to me.

wow [clap] that's very good mileage

Thread Starter #26
Hot Alloys with a Cool Bodykit!
Yes, I am thinking of getting the alloys. Will buy it after the annual salary hike!

i know its too early to ask you about the mileage.[glasses]Whats the mileage you are getting?
do heard that the AC in the tata nano is a real chiller. How is the experience you had with your AC ? Please do comment about the pick up and acceleration while the AC is turned on !
A/C is a chiller and I don't feel the need to go beyond level 1 and yes, thermostat is set at half the cooling (middle level)

the AC is really super cool. it needs periodic filter cleaning every 2000Kms. the performance is poor when ur car is under direct sun parked for long time.
+1, so far have not been able to calculate the mileage and I am yet to empty the tank (doing tankful to tankful method). However, as suggested by others, it looks very good as of now with the ac on at all times.

Btw, got my first scratch yesterday; all thanks to a biker![frustration]

lxi.

Suspended
A/C is a chiller and I don't feel the need to go beyond level 1 and yes, thermostat is set at half the cooling (middle level)
Hehe.In my Alto, I keep the fan at speed 2, Its a great chiller.
In your nano, Your friends/passengers must have said you-
Kulfi bana di yaar! [:)]

Btw, got my first scratch yesterday; all thanks to a biker!
Very bad to hear about the scratch on the new car. These are getting avoidable these days. Is it a big one?

so far have not been able to calculate the mileage and I am yet to empty the tank (doing tankful to tankful method). However, as suggested by others, it looks very good as of now with the ac on at all times.
WHAT?
Buddy, In the tankful to tankful method. You have to do like this-(Gurus please correct if i am wrong)

Note the odo reading - Fill the tank full - Drive some kms - Note the kms done on odo - Refill the tank.
Now, Suppose you fill 10 L fuel. Drive 100 kms. Then again go for tankfull. And this time the tank was filled up with just 5 L (Rest 5 L of the earlier fuel was left). So, The fuel used is 5 L (Amount of fuel filled the second time). Kms done will be 100km (As noted on the odo). So, The mileage is - 100 (km)divide by 5 (L) = 20 kmpl!

Cheers.

Thread Starter #28
@ Lxi,

The scratch is not big or wide (basically the tire marks from the bike) but shows prominetly because of the color.

Also, what I meant by not able to calculate the mileage, is that the tank is yet to get empty from my first refuel!!

lxi.

Suspended
The scratch is not big or wide (basically the tire marks from the bike) but shows prominetly because of the color.
Buddy, Wipe it with Water+Cloth or Use Formula1 Scratch Out, (As i did in Alto), It is not efficient for Big scratches but removes the Tyre marks instantly. I got a small bottle for Rs.180.
Also, what I meant by not able to calculate the mileage, is that the tank is yet to get empty from my first refuel!!
No worries. Sorry for the un-needed advice [:)]

@vishnunarayanan i have to ask an OT question
from trivandrum to nagercoil. i use the route via poovar. how about nyatinkara - parrasala route?
The problem with the route is narrow roads.Vehicles brushing each other while they come in opposite direction due to lack of width of road thereby forcing the driver to brake constantly which results in low mileage. I did not get any opportunity to travel through that route during the last 6 months. So doesn't know much about the present condition

Last edited:

Top Bottom