Keyless Start-Stop: A Boon in Road Rage?

Thread Starter #1
Hey TAIgers,
This is my first thread and not a very good way to start with!
My topic is based on how the keyless (button) start stop saved a bunch of keys from getting thrown across the road! And it happened to me today.
I was returning home today at about 7:45 pm, and for those who are familiar with the route, i use the gunjur - panathur - kadubeesanahalli road which links varthur main road and Outer Ring Road. It was around 8:00 pm and i was on the stretch where the road gets rough. That stretch of about 300m is so bad that it makes you sway as though you are a toy held by a violent devil! About half way into the stretch, there is this white swift behind.me, honking like a maniac. On that road you can barely cross 20 kmph! And this guy behind me seemed as though he glued his palm to the horn pad. I pass a huge crater safely and pull over to let that guy go. But he pulls over too and starts honking again. I kept my cool and started moving. I took a left turn towards panathur. And just after the left there is a narrow underpass (a railway line above), through which only one vehicle can pass through at a time. So i took a left and as expected a speeding water tanker flashes his lights at me. So i stopped before the tunnel entrance to let the tanker pass. Again this swift driver decides to sit on the horn pad now! I see four more tankers and two autos behind that other tanker who was fast, so i had no other choice but to wait for them to pass as You see the road here is narrow.
Now this swift driver is furious. He gets out slams his door shut and walks.towards my car. He punches my window and i had to lower it a bit so that his highness doesn't break it! He starts hurling abuses at me in kannada and asked me why i am not moving forward. I told him about the tanker and all that, but he starts saying that I'm cooking stories to deliberately block him. Now he asks me to get out to which i retaliated and he starts punching the glass again. I told him I'll call the cops and that if he continues, but he didn't stop. So i had to lower my window to half. There was a small traffic block with audience as usual. Now this well built goon tries to take my 'keys ' so I'll get out. But luckily i was driving my.ciaz that day and the smart key.was in my pocket. He couldnt find the key because i have button start n stop! Now he was mad! He goes to his car and opens his boot. I could've escaped but there was a huge block now in the pass! I see my orvm and this goon gets a cricket bat!! But as if god were driving some vehicle there, all other motorists started beating this guy black and blue!! All in seconds! This guy gives a very popular bias reason 'north indians don't know how to drive properly' and I spoke back to him in kannada! I'm a telugite actually. So this guy finally settles and some off duty cops turn up and give this goon a good scolding.

Had it not been for the button start, my keys would've been thrown across the road as is the case with many and i wouldve been stranded there.
So TAIgers what's your opinion and what would would you do in such cases?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Keyless start-stop, a boon in road rage?

Well I would say it depends on scenario to scenario. In your case, you were lucky that the public came to your rescue and bashed that mad bull. As of the keyless feature, to some extent yes, it reduces loss of key in such incidents and is a boon in my view until the victim does not come out of the car. However, I personally never get involved and neither advocate such behavior on road but for safety purpose, do keep pepper spray with you. Its not funny, but rather helpful. Instead of wasting time to talk just spray it in his eyes as such uncivilized rouges cant be dealt in civilized manner. Be it any part of India, for such morons, only one rule is there i.e TIT For TAT. In such road rage incidents, Auto door lock is also helpful along with the button start stop as no one from outside can forcefully open the driver's or any other door.

Regards

Akash

Keyless start-stop, a boon in road rage?

Good to know that you were safe and the lunatic was dealt with by the public. Such types cannot tolerate a 5 minute delay but they have all the time to fight !! While, I think this person would not have been content by throwing away your keys, keyless start-stop does add a safety factor and in general it is best to avoid arguments as you attempted and drive off , if possible.

Whoa that's a distasteful incident but yes I agree the keyless mite have saved some distress.

I have had my key snatched once by a drunk auto driver some years back after he cut me off at night in front of a auto stand. My friend spoke in Hindi like bhiaya be careful when turning. He automatically assumed I am also from north India like in your case & feeling powerful he walked up to my window pulled my keys out. I was dumbstruck as I could have done something. Long story short, friends came in just 2 mins. Auto stand gets empty, I hit someone first time in my life as he had tried swinging at me before while he was abusing while I wanted my keys.

All this could have been avoided with keyless.

And I remember one more case which my friend a very short tempered fellow was going with his relative in a new expensive car. At signal , a girl on the phone scrapped the side of the car with her hatchback. My friend gets out & argues as she continues on the phone. Then she said whatever & annoyed him without caring & said do what you want.
Now obviously if it was a guy in scenario highly probable he would have had his teeth knocked out but since its a girl he cant do anything. He pulls the car key & throws it far over some building. And gets back into the car & went away.

So in this case girl would have been better off with a keyless & to be honest a hands free phone kit :)

You could have just smashed the whackhead all up.[anger]
Who the hell is he to teach you driving,you had given 3 chances for him to let hi pass through,if he couldn't go by that its his mistake.
Don't worry IDSI, this is where we need forums,as we have not merely district wise contact,nut contacts all over india.

But Mr.IDSI
This could have also been negative, as i usually keep the smart key in dash console,near charging outlet, if that moron takes it from there and throws it off ,we are literally stuck up.

Nice thread idsi2005, but not a nice incident. Glad to know that you are fine.

The biggest mistake you made was "Lowering down the glass". You should have let that m*****f***** punch the glass, and believe me it doesn't break so easily. What if he had punched at your face when you had lowered the glass? Instead you should have allowed him to punch the glass, waited for the oncoming vehicles to pass and zoomed off. If you had some other car without start/stop, he would have thrown the keys out, took out his bat and you would have had no other choice than to come out of the car and get beaten up. So, please don't roll the windows down. I drive in Noida, Meerut and Delhi - big road-rage places I must say and have been through quite a few. And from my experience [lol], the side windows don't shatter as fast as front and rear windshields do. So, no need to worry if he is punching the window. And again from my experience, when the other person has put his hand (arm) inside the glass, even basic power window (without anti pinch) won't roll up and say, cause any harm to the person.

Keyless entry is a boon in these situations when the other person tries to snatch your keys. But equally dangerous if that person is successful in taking the keys. You see, keyless entry can change the scenario completely in a second depending on who has the keys! [lol]

Thread Starter #7

.Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply. The fact is i wasn't willing to argue at all, but when i had allowed him to go, and there is oncoming traffic on a road about 9 feet wide, and an irritating horn, it is defenitely pissing of. And it was he who got off the car and came to me.
IceWise, i actually got freaked out cause that guy was huuugee!!!! I didn't take of my seatbelt for the fear of being dragged out. I moved as much as possible towards the co drivers seat, had my phone near the 12 v socket, unlocked and windows were strictly rolled down to half. But on this road, two stationary vehicles are enough to make traffic jams last for an hour atleast. But my few words in kannada helped other motorists, especially water tanker drivers (those tankers galore in that route), to understand the situation and take charge of that goon! But what irritates me is that bias nature local bangaloreans have against north indians [anger]. The cops were an unexpected sign of relief in the end. I kept my cool all this while cause its pointless to fight with those idiots!

Last edited:
Keyless start-stop, a boon in road rage?

in my opinion road rage are best to be avoided at any cost.i am well built but then also when on road i try best to keep out of road rage as much as possible especially when alone.

Thread Starter #9

in my opinion road rage are best to be avoided at any cost.i am well built but then also when on road i try best to keep out of road rage as much as possible especially when al.
Hey Ashu, by well built, i actually meant this guy was fat!! No offence to fatsos cause i myself am one! [lol]. But this fellow was humongous, anyone could say he is a 100+ kilos! But bro, what can i do if someone is willing to fight with me, i have no ways to.escape and in no way did i want to fight! I encourage peace but at times things just don't happen peacefully like this incident. [:)]

Hey TAIgers,
This is my first thread and not a....................
...............thrown across the road as is the case with many and i wouldve been stranded there.
So TAIgers what's your opinion and what would would you do in such cases?
Sirji looks like this guy was already frustrated over something and has intentionally done it all. Whenever I face someone honking for no reason; I simply slow down or park my car and let the idiot pass.
Any ways, it's good that you are safe because you never know how bad such situations do turn.

Last evening itself we were travelling back home (5 guys) in Innova when this Figo overtook us (in well mannered way) and ended up bruising with our bull bar. Suddenly we all were smiling with some [evil] thoughts in mind. I just smiled and said "Kar diya jaye kaam? Bahut dino me fansa hai ek (Let's do it, we got one after so long)"; friends also nodded and one of us approached the drivers window for starting the quarrel and returned back saying "leave it yaar, let's go home".
Then I took my turn to check if there is some WWE champ on the drivers seat. Went on and found a young guy (30?) on the drivers seat saying "kya hua bhaiya? (what happened bro?)" and there was a lady in early sixties I guess (Mother?) on front passenger seat and a young woman (30? Wife?) in the back bench with an infant (Their kid?) and within second I was like "sorry bhaiya, aap jao (Sorry bro, you may leave)".

Actually if this guy following you had a cool mind then he wouldn't have bothered to go so far.

@Members:
Do you guys also keep bats, baseball bats, hockey sticks etc in your cars? I never do and nor I ever felt the need to.

You should have let that m*****f***** punch the glass, and believe me it doesn't break so easily.
Saarji that spelling is wrong :biggrin:
I have counted them all and I can bet that it's wrong (Or maybe a space is missing) :stupid:

Last edited:

That's a scary experience. I for one can't tolerate if someone knocks on my windows. Good thing you kept your cool, i would have failed miserably at that.
Next time, maybe you shouldn't roll down windows in the interest avoiding punches on your face, you couldn't fight back with windows partially open.

@Members:
Do you guys also keep bats, baseball bats, hockey sticks etc in your cars? I never do and nor I ever felt the need to.

Saarji that spelling is wrong :biggrin:
I have counted them all and I can bet that it's wrong (Or maybe a space is missing)
Vipul, go with the emotions! Forget about that missing space. [lol]

And, yes, I do keep bats (2 cricket and 1 baseball) in the car. I play cricket and that is the prime reason for the cricket bats but they do act up as a backup if the baseball one breaks! [clap] Kidding. I haven't used them for road rage cases yet. My family members insist on keeping these things in case the situation turns bad.

Thread Starter #13

Hey TSIVipul,
The thing is i gave that moron a chance to overtake, but the nut just decided to sit there honking. The half brain he is! And sirji, i think you were right. The poor child.would've lost a cricket match and maybe he couldn't accept.that fact! [lol]. But how on earth are these guys getting licenses???... .

Hey TSIVipul,
The thing is i gave that moron a chance to overtake, but the nut just decided to sit there honking. The half brain he is! And sirji, i think you were right. The poor child.would've lost a cricket match and maybe he couldn't accept.that fact! [lol]. But how on earth are these guys getting licenses???... .
Through a broker! If you have Rs. 3,000 to spare, you can literally get a licence for ANY person. I know someone in my Dad's office who doesn't know how to drive (or even ride a motorcycle) but got a licence for 3k! Around half of the driving population in NCR won't even know about basic lane discipline and road signs, that I can bet.

by well built, i actually meant this guy was fat!! No offence to fatsos cause i myself am one! [lol]. But this fellow was humongous, anyone could say he is a 100+ kilos! But bro, what can i do if someone is willing to fight with me, i have no ways to.escape and in no way did i want to fight! I encourage peace but at times things just don't happen peacefully like this incident.
Had it gone wrong it would have been the fight of the year :lol!:
Anyways jokes apart i guess when left with no choice one have to retalliate :mad:

Top Bottom