Kannur To Tirupati - Need Information

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Our annual holiday trip is nearing. We, around 6/7 couples planning to visit Tirupati and the routing we thinking are like - Kannur to Tirupati and return via Tamil Nadu i.e Vellore (to visit Sree Lakshmi Narayani Golden Temple Sripuram), Tiruchi, Rameswaram, Coimbatore, Calicut & back home.

I want some information about accommodation facility at Tirupati - Can someone help?

Check out this link here. Slots (for Rooms) are avaialble in end Jan and Feb 2019 at Tirupati. Slots are not available in Tirumala.

This here gives you the list of TTD Acomodations and Contact Details.

This here says, "Srinivasam Complex - only 200/- can be booked from the available e-Darshan Counters". BTW, why e-darshan counters are NOT there in Kerala ?

Last time I stayed at "Sreenivasam Complex, Opposite to Main Bus Stand, in Tirupati (Plains)". No reservation... just went there, waited for an hour and got a room. Entire complex was well maintained. Rooms were pretty neat, decent and adequate in Size (not high funda though). The non-Veg Restaurent in the Ground Floor was above average. There was no problem with running water. Buses to Tirumala (Tirupati Hills) come to Sreenivasam Complex and I felt it better to take the bus to avoid the headache of finding parking place at Tirumala. From my experience, it is bit tough to get Rooms in TTD Rooms at Tirumala. Since my childhood, I stayed at TTD Acomodation only. I felt like "meeting Balaji is complete only after staying at his approved hotel [:D]

If you Google Tirupati and then Hotels, you will get plenty of Pvt Hotels. You can select based on Reviews.

You can also try in "OYO Rooms, Booking.com, Expedia etc" too. My experience with all these sites has been good so far. Good Luck.

And please remember to say Hi from me to Balaji. He is not calling me to Tirumala nowadays [think]

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks very much.

We are planning for end December 2018 or beginning of January 2019 and we will be travelling in a traveler (14 seater), so no problem in finding a parking place as the driver will do the needful since he may not accompany us to the Temple.

I checked the TTD website yesterday and find no rooms available during these periods (or did I make any mistake in going a wrong site [think]...?)

You are NOT wrong. Rooms are not available in TTD Hotels, during the period you mentioned. And there's an error in my above post... the Restaurant in Ground Floor in Sreenivasam Complex is a Veg Restaurant.

BTW, thanks to your thread today, I decided to go to Dakshina Tirupati. It is near Hosur in TN, about 2 hours drive from my place. Here, Balaji is nice to me... i can go without his invitation [drive]

Map reference for those interested is
Google Maps

Thread Starter #5

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks

I think, the best option will be staying in Tirupati and go up to Tirumala next day morning on our Traveler, get Darshan and then proceed our journey further.

Seen Dakshina Tirupati location on google maps, worth a visit, but we may not be able to catch up to there. Anyway, enjoy all blessings from Balaji.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #6

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Regarding the Balaji Darshan ticket - hope it can also be booked in advance/online?
What is the validity of the ticket, i.e. is it valid for one day or only a few hours?

Thread Starter #7

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Since We didn't get Edarshan tickets during 1st week of Janurary, we have postponed the trip to 2nd February 2019 (got tickets for all 5 family for 12Pm Darshan on 5th February).

We have now planned the route as under:
Payyanur/Madurai/Rameswaram/Sripuram (Vellore - Golden Temple), Tirupati, /Chttoor/Coorg/Madikeri/Payyanur

Will update further after the trip.!

Thread Starter #8

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hi guys

Need some assistance from those who have travelled these routes or if some one staying nearby..

1st Day we will be staying at Madurai.

2nd Day we will be arriving in Rameswaram in the morning (thinking of leaving Madurai around 6.30/7:00 AM which means we will be reaching Rameswaram around 10/11 AM) and planning to stay at Rameswaram. What are the most important places to visit there - We all want to see the Pampan Bridge. Besides Pampan Bridge, what are the other must see places (Google shows - Arulmigu Ramanathan Swamy Temple, ADam's Bridge, Jadayu, Theertham,Hanuman Temple etc).?

The idea is that in case we finish sight seeing earlier in Rameswaram, then instead of staying there, we want to proceed towards Vellore and stay somewhere in between?

Thread Starter #10

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks. We left Rameswaram yesterday around 6 pm (no decent rooms available) without visiting Dhanushkodi and reached Devakottai at 9:30pm and stayed there. Now proceeding towards Vellore.

Road widening work is going on in many places hence not sure when we will reach Vellore. Will decide further after reaching there.

Top Bottom