K&N vs Green Cotton vs... (Air Filters)

Thread Starter #3
its not bieng considered as performance filter imho rather some kind of effective and wise sustitute for the stock ones.

i read somewhere those green cotton filters much efficient too..so if anybody knows the details do share.

cannot rely on ads and websites. thanks for forums like tai..!!!

its not bieng considered as performance filter imho rather some kind of effective and wise sustitute for the stock ones.

i read somewhere those green cotton filters much efficient too..so if anybody knows the details do share.
Rightly said Jayadev. If you want to experience real change(though not drastic), in the performance of a car, i think Green cotton filters are much better as compared to the K&N.
With K&N filters, you will certainly feel considerable increase in power but thats too small.
My vote goes to Green cotton filters.

Thread Starter #6
thanks akash ,
i hope green cotton filters are readily available and mine is fiat punto

hope that doesnt tamper warrenty and arise any issues for me.

Bebo

Suspended
Have heard green cottons are better than k&n but k&n have ram intakes,CAI,etc which cost high and garuntee 5,6 bhp gain.These kits come with all the necessary fitments n mind you they are all calculated.

thanks akash ,
i hope green cotton filters are readily available and mine is fiat punto

hope that doesnt tamper warrenty and arise any issues for me.
Your warranty will be void unless you use stock replacement of any brand.
And stock replacement filters don't actually count much when looking for performance.

Jayadev even i have heard green cotton filters are better than normal K&N filters. I think Racerdabba or Ilango can answer you more in detail.

But it will void warranty surely.

Thread Starter #10
if cotton green filters are worth , i would definitly like to use them, i will replace with stock one before giving it to service centre hope that thing will work without tampering warrenty

does these filters arises any adverse effects to engines? as i can imagine they will alter compression ratio and such things any chances of blowing the turbo or bricking up the engine?

Last edited:
Main difference between K&N and Green Cotton filters is that green cotton do not need oil when being serviced where as the K&N's do.You can say green cottons are a little more better (dont know why , but that's what majority of people say)

Green Cotton Stock replacement (if available) will cost you rs 4500.
Green Cotton Storm ( performance oriented) will cost you around rs 6000.

does these filters arises any adverse effects to engines? as i can imagine they will alter compression ratio and such things any chances of blowing the turbo or bricking up the engine?
There are no adverse effects as such with any kind of performance filters unless its branded & been put by someone who knows what he is doing.

Compression ratios cant be altered unless you open up the engine.
If the filter is installed properly it wont cause any probs to the turbo or your engine. [cheers]

Better would be too get an FFE instead of going for just the filters. It is not going to make any noticeable difference if you just go for some filters alone without modifying the engine. And I dont think that 4000-6000 rupees would be money spent wise, for the filters alone and without engine mods or atleast an FFE.

Better would be too get an FFE instead of going for just the filters. It is not going to make any noticeable difference if you just go for some filters alone without modifying the engine. And I dont think that 4000-6000 rupees would be money spent wise, for the filters alone and without engine mods or atleast an FFE.
+1. With just a filter change, the performance change wont do wonders. A major change can be witnessed by a combination of filter and FFE. Even a K&N with FFE will satisfy you with considerable change in drive.

Thread Starter #14
i think FFE for diesal is not much practicle yet. as my query was regarding diesal (multijet engine).

it would be excellent to notice if changing to said filter reduces black smoke or smoke char deposite at the exhausts. yes that is what i am looking for, i am not expecting any huge performance improvement though it is welcome .

as technically if air intake is improved better combustion happens means less smoke , which indirectly may improve FE.

i think FFE for diesal is not much practicle yet. as my query was regarding diesal (multijet engine).

it would be excellent to notice if changing to said filter reduces black smoke or smoke char deposite at the exhausts. yes that is what i am looking for, i am not expecting any huge performance improvement though it is welcome .

as technically if air intake is improved better combustion happens means less smoke , which indirectly may improve FE.
You can expect marginal increase in FE with a K&N or Green Cotton filter. The performance change will be minimal.

Top Bottom