K&N Air Filters

@ karthik.a
i was not talking about a K & N. i was talking about the maruti genuine filter.
@ crazy cat
WHAT??!! only 300? and that for K&N is 3k? 10 times the price? then its surely not worth to go for a K&N.

WHAT??!! only 300? and that for K&N is 3k? 10 times the price? then its surely not worth to go for a K&N.
How can you say that ? K&N last's for many kms man,moreover it gives many advantages when compared to the stock one.(specially the performance filters)
So the price is completely justified.

@ neil
but is that really worth for just 1 or 2 km increase in FE?(please refer your earlier post) and i agree that it lets the engine breath free.
now coming to the life span
stock filter- life span of 20k kms for rs300
K&N- life span of 100k kms for rs 3000
so its possible to replace the stock filters 5 times for 100k kms with half the price of the K&N.i still don't think that its worth.
(no offences meant to anybody in the above post. i have just poured in what i felt in person)

guys, me planning to clean my alto's stock air filter tomorrow as i noticed lots of dust accumilated in it. so please guide as to how should i go about it. please pour in your views before tomorrow morning 8.00am.

@ neil
but is that really worth for just 1 or 2 km increase in FE?(please refer your earlier post) and i agree that it lets the engine breath free.
now coming to the life span
stock filter- life span of 20k kms for rs300
K&N- life span of 100k kms for rs 3000
so its possible to replace the stock filters 5 times for 100k kms with half the price of the K&N.i still don't think that its worth.
(no offences meant to anybody in the above post. i have just poured in what i felt in person)

guys, me planning to clean my alto's stock air filter tomorrow as i noticed lots of dust accumilated in it. so please guide as to how should i go about it. please pour in your views before tomorrow morning 8.00am.
No issues man. I completely agree with you.But there must be something that people go for this filter right ? Anyways.

Now about cleaning you normal air filter - All you need is air pressure.Vacuum cleaner. Remove you air filter,Hold it in your left hand.Hold the vacuum cleaner in you right hand and let the air blow through the filter.

Make sure you blow the air on the bottom side first (when the filter is in the box,its bottom side).

Then keep on blowing the air changing the angles,then through the other side of the filter & you are done. Put it back.[lol]

[cheers]

K&N comes with a million mile warranty. So, if we take our dusty conditions into consideration, it should be problem free atleast for 4-5 lacs kilometres. No replacement required, in case of a K&N.

I dont believe the K&N million mile waaranty.
1000000 KMs. Try imagining it.
[shock]

Check the price difference between a normal air filter & K&N air filter,maybe that will help you believe the "million mile warranty" the company offers.

I think K&N logo is present in napster's M-800. May be he can confirm.
Yes you can confirm.

But the thing here is that you are buying a TV and the company is offering you a warranty & your just not ready to believe the warranty saying how is it possible ! [lol]

Top Bottom