K&N Air Filters

what improvements can be seen if i replace the filter of my alto with a k&n stock replacement filter? what is the cost of the k&n stock replacement filter for alto and what is the life of the filter provided by the company?(stock filter)

what improvements can be seen if i replace the filter of my alto with a k&n stock replacement filter? what is the cost of the k&n stock replacement filter for alto and what is the life of the filter provided by the company?(stock filter)
The K&N lets your engine breath better than the stock filters.You actually get to notice a little difference while driving.May increase your mileage by 1 or so again if you drive in a sane way.The price is between 3 to 5 K.
(Don't actually remember the life span of the stock filters but i guess its around 15-20K)

napster

Suspended
stock filter lasts for some 10k kms, and a k&N filter claims that it works for 1lakh kms but in a country like india it doesnt apply, here it runs for some 50k kms but for every 25k kms you need to clean it, you get a cleaning kit from k&n whic is use dto clean the filter.

stock filter lasts for some 10k kms, and a k&N filter claims that it works for 1lakh kms but in a country like india it doesnt apply, here it runs for some 50k kms but for every 25k kms you need to clean it, you get a cleaning kit from k&n whic is use dto clean the filter.
I think K&N comes with a million mile warranty. So, it can survive our dusty condition for few lacs kilometers with no doubt.

napster

Suspended
im running my filter from the last 20k kms..no problems as of now, ill soon get my filter's cleaning and reoiling done

Renegade

Suspended
The K&N lets your engine breath better than the stock filters.You actually get to notice a little difference while driving.May increase your mileage by 1 or so again if you drive in a sane way.The price is between 3 to 5 K.
(Don't actually remember the life span of the stock filters but i guess its around 15-20K)
A stock filter can last upto 40K Kms,that is what my Service Advisor told me.

those having these filters , do you clean it on your own or ask them to be cleaned while servicing the car??
Cleaning these filters like normal ones(with air pressure) is not recommended.
It spoils the K&N filter and like i earlier said give it to the dealer for cleaning or buy the cleaning kit and clean it yourself.

Top Bottom