K&N Air Filters

I got this mail from k&n when I asked them about the stock replacement air filter. I had sent the picture of my car's air filter. In accordance to that, k&n replied me.
Untitled.jpg

Way back in 2012 when I was looking for the K&N stock replacement filter for the car A-star there was no filter specific to my car.

Since A-star is exported to many other countries in the name SUZUKI ALTO, NISSAN PIXO, SUZUKI CELERIO K&N had filters to these model, but they didn't mention it will also work with the car MARUTI A-STAR. One of my friend sankar found this filter while searching it with its dimension.

So my point is, even though you didn't find a filter specific to your car model, try searching it with its dimension. Sometimes if K&N have filters are made for any other hyundai cars which share the same airbox, then you will get it.

Hi,

just sharing my experience with my Swift with the K&N filter over the last few weeks. Peak power has not changed significantly. However, being a Swift, that was never needed. In gear acceleration has, however, improved significantly. You know that the K series engine in the Swift produces a surge of power after 2500rpm. However, with the K&N filter, the power delivery has become more linear, so I have the punch in gear at any rpm. Overtaking is as easy as pointing your car in the required gap and driving there. This coming from a generally sedate driver - I never push to 100% and prefer to drive smoothly rather than aggressively

Ameyam

I took the measurement of the air filter and search it inaccordance to the measurement but I did not find any. May be there is no stock replacement air filter for hyundai elite i20. [cry]

Hello Ameyam, is your k&n air filter stock replacement one or the universal one?? I used to have Wagon R and I had installed k&n conical air filter in it. I know how it works thats why I am so desperate to get one for my elite i20, but this time I want to try stock replacement air filter.

Hi Jigmee,

I went for the cartridge filter that fits as is into me airbox with no modifications. The universal one has more performance but also will void the warranty. If your car is new like mine and under warranty, go for stock replacement only. You really don't need more grunt for city or highway use if you drive sensibly and smoothly

Ameyam

Hello Ameyam, yes, it is new, only 3 months old. There is no stock replacement air filter for hyundai elite i20, I even had a conversation with the k&n people. So sad for my elite i20.

Dont worry then. The k&n filter for the i20 will be available soon given its very popular car. Till then enjoy the car as is

Ameyam

Does these filters give any improvements?

Ill say no, if used in stock airbox.

You must add a pipe from the intake and have a conical filter set from k&n.

Be sure you do these before the air mass sensor and air temperature sensor.

You can surely get a low end torque and midrange power increase.

Stingray91,

that's the point- what we are looking for is a little more low end and mid range grunt right? If so, depending the car it is used in, it helps. For my Swift, that's all I needed. Adding the filter made the low end torque more and that surge that I used to get at 2500 rpm has reduced. The power delivery is more linear, so I seldom take my car to 2500rpm even with a racing pickup. Since I installed the filter a month or so ago, I felt the surge only once, that too when I was really peeved with the guy infront of me crawling in the 1st lane.
May be if I was driving an Alto or a Wagon R, I wouldn't feel it as much, so whether it helps or not is car specific

If you are looking for more power, then you should look elsewhere. With more power comes more fuel consumption and more wear and tear[;)], so be ready for that.

Ameyam

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Ownership Review

hey friends, is k&n air filters are good or bad..? from internet i found it is better than normal air filter, and it gives better performance and FE. what you think friends.

Last edited:

Top Bottom