K&N Air Filters

@dhruvpandit do info me about the K&N in nano if you contact the people. and i thing you have universal conicals for bikes price 2500rs ( i saw one in an apache- under the seat)

and when i went to my mechanic for my friend's M800 Mods, i asked for K&N filter(stock replacement) for nano. he strictly said no. refused to tell why he doesnt wanna add to nano

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys,

I would like to know the effects of K-N filter on a swift VXI??
Will it increase the miles?? And harm the engine??

Any other better filter than this for a swift??

I am looking into getting a k&n filter for my Passat. I have read their website and it says it gives 1-4 hp increase. To get this little increase in hp do you have to get the car tuned up or something???
I have also read online people saying that they aren't good, give bad FE and let in fine dust.
I'm confused if I should change the filter or not :/

I am looking into getting a k&n filter for my Passat. I have read their website and it says it gives 1-4 hp increase. To get this little increase in hp do you have to get the car tuned up or something???
I have also read online people saying that they aren't good, give bad FE and let in fine dust.
I'm confused if I should change the filter or not :/
I am using a Cosworth Air Filter for my I10 and I can notice the change in the power but not to mention its a Conical filter(Performance Filter).

If I am not wrong there is a vast difference between a stock replacement and a performance filter. I believe with a simple stock replacement you will notice a very negligible change in power but YES you could feel it.

As per me an air filter increases your FE if fitted properly.

And talking about the dust K&N Air filters can be cleaned at home you can find many videos on youtube regarding this.

Hi ,

I recently asked the same question from my trusted mechanic, regarding K&N performance filter.

I drive an esteem 2007 and the stock filter is already a conical one. As per him, there will no performance bump whatsoever in stock layout, but if i install a FFE, then maybe it will help at higher RPMs. Otherwise, as per him it isnt necessary as the filter is already a conical one in esteems and the intake port is also not in the middle of the engine bay, it is routed outside somewhere near the wheel arches. The intake part, can anyone else confirm it?

He is Absolutely correct. After a performance filter like the one you have already installed FFE is the way to go. But he is right there would be noticeable difference but that can be felt.

I recently installed the HP conical performance air filter in my splendor.I donno about cars but it give me a noticeable increase in top speed.have been doing a research on the net for few days.found that the placement of the air filter too matters.that is the air filter closest to the carb increases the low end power whereas the air filter far away from the carb.did some tests with the performance AF.yeah its true.thought I need to gain more top end.so fitted it in the place of the AF box leaving the stock tube.

Result:15kmph increase in top speed.now flying in 105kmph.previously was 90kmph after a rebore. [:(]

FE 3-5 kms decreased because of frequent throttles and higher acceleration for the thirst of speed and the note.

will be doing some test to check whether we get a better FE in light throttles.

I want to install k and n stock replacement on my grand i10 diesel. Which model i should get. I dont know much about aftermarket filters

K&N filter for Swift?

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, what are the pros & cons of installing a aftermarket air filter on the Swift? I see K&N, green cotton etc being recommended on the forums? What will be the cost like & will it void the warranty?

Ameyam

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: K&N filter for Swift?

Hi Buddy,

I have been using K&N filter in my Ivtec City since April 2014. Firstly, increase in power is minimal around 3-4% only. Secondly, It costs at least 10 times more than a normal air filter + you need a 1000-1200 rupees kit for cleaning it after 15K -20K kms (depending on the area of driving).

As of the warranty, Its not going to hamper anything in particular. But definitely is pain to take care.

Regards

Akash

Re: K&N filter for Swift?

Hi Ameyam,

I'm using Stock replacement K&N filter in my car A-star.
Its performance is much evident while using AC and also while sudden revving the engine.

Not sure how its gonna perform with the car Swift. Anyways, if you want much evident performances then you should go for cone filter.

K&N Stock replacement filter costs me approx Rs.3500/-
Since I didn't purchase the cleaning kit, I get it cleaned from the dealer shop for Rs.300/-
If I go for a cleaning kit, it will cost me approx 1.2k for the kit and the kit can be used for 5 or more times.

Regards.,

Hi,
I am not looking at uprated power in my Swift. It already has plenty of power and I dont even use half of it- for example, on Sunday I drove to a place about 25km away from my home with a friend. I drove while going at 7am and my max speed was 100. He drove on the way back and his minimum speed was 80. I drove by lanes and he weaved a lot. Took the same amount of time though plus minus 5 minutes but I am sure the car was much more comfortable with my smooth driving than his bursts of acceleration[;)]

What I am looking for is other benefits for the engine and car- longevity, better cooling, smoother acceleration etc. Does the K&N help there.
My car is 3 months old, so does it affect warranty? Anybody has confirmed this with MASS?

Ameyam

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am not looking at uprated power in my Swift.
What I am looking for is other benefits for the engine and car- longevity, better cooling, smoother acceleration etc. Does the K&N help there.
My car is 3 months old, so does it affect warranty? Anybody has confirmed this with MASS?
Longivity: Of-course, Normal Air Filter needs replacement after 10K kms. But you don't need to replace K&N till 50K+ Kms. You can clean the K&N at every 15K kms for durability.

Smoother Acceleration: Certainly, I do feel the difference in acceleration of my City which was not there in a stock air-filter. The car picks up well.

No apparent damages done by K&N to the engine. I'll soon move to K&N in my Esteem too.

Regards

Akash

k&n stock replacement air filter for Hyundai elite i20

I have been looking around for the k&n stock replacement air filter for my Hyundai elite i20. I even mailed the k&n air filter people but the shape of the stock air filter which they have provided me does not match with the shape of the stock air filter that I have in my car. Has anyone changed the stock air filter of hyundai elite i20 to k&n stock replacement filter??

Hyundai elite i20 air filter
fil.jpg

k&n stock replacement air filter for hynudai i20 suggested to me by k&n air filter people
33-2960.jpg

Top Bottom