Jupiter: The New Scooter By TVS

Re: Bajaj Pulsar Initial Ownership Review

Congratulations for newly added on bike to your family. In a short time Jupiter has created an astonishing reputation among the rivals, and no doubt you did have a good selection.

Good wishes for happy miles ahead on your new ride and belated wishes for a Happy Diwali to you and your family as well.

Re: Scoop! New Scooter By TVS – The Jupiter.

Vijay.. My Jupiter sometimes has a problem.. While applying brakes (front and back) for a sudden stoppage, the rear skids. The speed will be on 40-45 range. This is not something regularly happening. But I'm facing it.[cry]

Vijay.. My Jupiter sometimes has a problem.. While applying brakes (front and back) for a sudden stoppage, the rear skids. The speed will be on 40-45 range. This is not something regularly happening. But I'm facing it.[cry]
It happens. Just don't gran the rear brake like a clutch, use it little softly.

@ Mr. JagRover
Are you having TVS Tyres?
They are skidding even at 20 kmph that too on newly laid road (laid only 2 days back!).
Please change the tyres if you have that pair of TVS Srichakras![;)]

It happens. Just don't gran the rear brake like a clutch, use it little softly.
I'm a sedate rider. Rides mostly in the speed of 40-45 kmph (usage is in city roads with medium to heavy traffic). Its when you see a clear part, you accelerate, someone will get into the road from left side without even putting an indicator[frustration], you brake almost hard applying both the brakes. You may not get the time to apply it sedately( Am I wrong ?), the rear skids with that '[anger]' sound.

@ Mr. JagRover
Are you having TVS Tyres?
They are skidding even at 20 kmph that too on newly laid road (laid only 2 days back!).
Please change the tyres if you have that pair of TVS Srichakras!
Yes those SriChakras. Can I trade off those for MRF? What will be the cost? Any warranty issues? (Tyres not included in warranty[sleep])

What's the proper way for breaking ?
1. During normal braking
2. During urgent conditions

About the braking procedure, Use both front and back simultaenously if using MRF tyres to prevent skidding in wet areas. Use 60-40 (front-rear) if using the TVS Tyres (Even also, it will skid in wet areas[anger]). At least this method (60-40 menthod) on TVS Tyres willprevent skidding on DRY Tarmac!!!

For urgent conditions, Pull BOTH the brakes fully tight. But just try to feel whether the tyres tend to skid. If tries to skid, pump both the brakes (pull and reverse ...).

Last edited:

I wonder if the tyre pressure recommended for Jupiter is low compared to other two wheelers in the market.
TVS recommends 24/32 in front/rear for dual ride and
24/28 for solo ride.

What's your point ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
TVS Jupiter Special Edition Now Launched.

Friends,

TVS has launched the special edition of its scooter Jupiter now! Here's the official Press Release by TVS and pic of the new Jupiter Special Edition.

tvs-jupiter-special-edition-press-release-1-638.jpg

10931294_10152666416621234_4331592051269049777_n.jpg

Link

Regards

Akash

What the crap of shade they launched, seems orangish rather then brown.And those beige panels would be turned into mess black spots in few days.
I dont fint anythng special for this launch.

And those beige panels would be turned into mess black spots in few days.
Those beige panels has a great potential to attract customers at showrooms.Most of these customers will not care about what will happen to those beige color shades after some days.
Needless to say,these are business tricks of companies.

TVS has launched a new shade in metalic grey in gloss finish.Its not updated on their website but i have seen that at the showroom when my cousin in mumbai booked the same.Looks superb compared to the matt grey shade.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

TVS Jupiter has passed the 5 Lakh units milestone in the sales since it has been launched in September 2013.

"A lot of thought and customer insights went into the making of TVS Jupiter. The fact that we have crossed this landmark in record time is testament to the fact that consumers are happy with the product's performance and quality," said K N Radhakrishnan, President and CEO, TVS Motor Company. It will be our continued focus to delight our customers with consistent product innovation and introduction of freshness into the brand."
link

Regards

Akash

Hi All,

After lots of reviews and test drive of Suzuki Access, Honda Activa and TVS Jupiter I made up my mind with 'Jupiter'.

Personally I like its driving style and comfort which I feel unique as compare to other. In Pune, it goes me around 60K on road with set of accessories.
Got Delivered on first Monday of Shravan - 2015

Service was good at time of delivery and very cooperative too.

After a week I visited our local Auto Market for some extra accessories. In which, I replaced my mirror and headlight corners with Chrome ( its plastic ). It looks really good on Jupiter.

About its performance, It's rocking. I pushed her till 80 km/hr but not further. Not sure either it goes beyond that or not. [:)]

Cheers
Atul

Attachments

Top Bottom