June 2013 Sales Figures of Cars in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
It is normal to witness a slowdown in car sales in this time of year. It’s time when dealerships are deserted and sales persons are willing to throw a freebie or two. Last month was no different. Save for a few manufacturers which have hit a jackpot with their new car models and now enjoying an organic flood of buyers directly into their dealerships.

Top Ten Hot Selling Cars in June 2013

The usual gang is still dominating the top ten sales in India. This time, Maruti Suzukis are more inline (Alto, Swift, Dzire) unlike previous month.

June 2013 Market Share of Car Manufacturers

Please note that the market share is based on total sales of the specified manufacturers only (i.e: High-end carmakers excluded).

Chevrolet June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

General Motors has temporarily stopped the sales of Sail, U-VA and Tavera BS-III which has noticeably affected their numbers.

Fiat June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

By Fiat standards, all I can say is, it is a respectable performance.

Ford June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

An overwhelming response for Ecosport invited massive footfalls to Ford showrooms. It seems some dealers also cashed in this opportunity to sell New Fiestas.

*Approximate figures. Includes bookings as well as deliveries.

Hindustan Motors - Mitsubishi June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Sometime ago Mitsubishi stated “We’ll focus only on SUVs”. They should have mentioned ‘Pajero’ to be precise. They’ve pulled the plug of from all cars except Pajero & Montero.

Honda June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Amaze (Particularly Diesel) is the showstopper at Honda dealerships right now. Surprisingly CR-V has managed to clock decent figures too despite being priced high.

Hyundai June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

India’s next possible largest carmaker is running on a verge in the off season.

Mahindra June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Verito Vibe joined the Mahindra family last month. Although overall June hasn’t been the best month for Mahindra.

Maruti Suzuki June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Yet another month when Maruti Suzuki continues to notice the diving sales trend.

Nissan June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan has introduced New Micra in order to gain some momentum. While Evalia clocked only two digit figures last month. Another dud in making?

Renault June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Newly launched Ecosport has managed to sell nearly as much as the much-established Duster is doing at the moment. Something to be worried about, Renault?

Skoda June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Poor performance at Skoda. Fabia is on verge of getting discontinued. Eyes are now set on New Octavia which could improve Skoda India’s fortunes.

Tata Motors June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata observed an improved performance on MoM basis. Finally Nano found additional thousand buyers in June. It’s safe to call Aria ‘officially’ a flop.

Toyota June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Only left by a unit, after a while Innova could have made it to the top-ten sellers in June.

Volkswagen June 2013 Indian Car Sales Figures

Excellent marketing strategies for Polo and Vento ensured that VW India is earning bread and butter despite the current market scenario.

Disclaimer: We strive to provide 100% accurate data but do not take any responsibility due to the nature of sources.​

Nice to see the count of Ecosport. Almost all the SUVs are getting heat from it.

IMO Renault should give a price cut to Duster.

Sad to see the count of Aria. Almost dead now.

MM should think what happ to XUV. Sales going down for some time now. May be the W4 will keep the momentum going.

Thanks for the compilation 350Z!

Great start by Ecosport. The drop in Figo looks like Ford freeing up some capacity in favour of Ecosport.

Ecosport hasn't made a dent made on i20 or Duster yet. But already made some dent on Amaze, City and Verna. Looks like Ecosport Titanium variants are snatching buyers away from C segment sedans.

I am not able to understand the Honda Amaze drop in figures, Honda sold 6036 units in May and in June there is a drop of close to 18%,have people cancelled all their amaze bookings for Ecosport?

@Vibhor

Thanks for sharing these June figures which are bit surprising with few models

-U-VA twins are going down
-Amaze is down
-XUV is surprisingly down to the half from previous may be ES effect
-Fiat twins on the plus side, a surprise
-Santro, still going well and only car on plus side from Hyundai
-Ford ES looks to be a hit and surprise is New fiesta sales on plus side
-Estilo surprises with those numbers, I Maruti is giving good offer
-Ritz,Swift on plus side, Dezire going down as expected
-Micra,pulse,scala doing good and sunny going down

@Vibhor

Thanks for sharing these June figures which are bit surprising with few models

-U-VA twins are going down
The chevy drop is due to recalls.

-Amaze is down
Probably people postponing bookings due to long wait time and Ecosport media campaign. I hope it is mostly the former, so automakers including Ford learn the lesson and don't let wait queues increase.

-Fiat twins on the plus side, a surprise
T-jet pricing effect and offers on Punto

Thanks for the useful post !!

I am a bit surprised by the stats of ford figo. Expected good figures for the ES and there it is.[:)]
Honda seriously needs to pull in more plants in India.
Fiat doing a good job too.

Nice compilation Vib!
Hyundai seems to be doing reasonably well and average barring Sonata and Santa -Fe - > always there thereabouts. XUV should start giving sleepless nights to M&M - competition is fierce now with the compact SUVs ruling the roost now - 1300 a month is quite simply pathetic, but i guess they have purposely deferred W4 launch so as to not be in the storm and buzz around the Ecosport launch. They need to bring the W4 version significantly below the W6(or rejig what W6/W8 offers) - unless the pricing comes out VFM to the user(as it originally was) , its hard times for them to compete.

Ecosport will continue to affect premium hatchback and sedan sales for atleast 6 months! I expect to see it in the top 10 next month. Local manufacturers are taking a hit against foreign players - time to pull up the socks and come back with better/VFM offerings.

Thanks 350Z,

Finally Dzire got hit badly ! 17,000 to 12,000 . No wonder why they told workers to go on indefinite leave.

Amaze 's amazing story is not going to last ? Especially after Ecosport ? Will wait and watch!

I can tell that in that 2 brave owners of Tata aria who bought their car last month, one is from Cochin.last week i saw new Aria pure Lx with out number plate here in Cochin near to my office.

Happy to see Punto sales getting better.

ES effect, SUV tax increase, and Chvy Enjoy deceased buyers interest in Bolero i think.

Thanks for the great compilation 350Z.

Maruti as usual holding the Top position but a very significant swing there between Alto and DZire. Alto moving to 20K from 16K and dZire from 17K to 12K. Was last month's data inflated given the kind of move we have seen the two months and given that Maruti has already cut down a significant chunk of it's production.

MM is now investing money in it's cash cow for the time being, we can see new refreshed ads of Bolero being beamed across channels now, interesting why not Scorpio when I can see good market for it even now.

Excellent Vibhor. I always wanted that we should have separate monthly car sale figures rather updating one thread. I think, I suggested it to you a long back.

Thanks for the excellent information. Graphs are great and very easy to read and understand. [:)]

Last edited:
I can tell that in that 2 brave owners of Tata aria who bought their car last month, one is from Cochin.last week i saw new Aria pure Lx with out number plate here in Cochin near to my office.
Could have been 3. I had almost zeroed down on Aria pure LX ... and then finally settled on for Storme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom