Jump Start Instructions

Thread Starter #1
Found this in a maruti owners manual

The jump starting instructions are explained in case any member needs a guide please read this.

Mods please move it to appropriate section if you feel so.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Helpful thread. One can actually easily tackle some of the difficult situations with their car if they have carefully read the complete manual from first to last page because it describes most of the Do’s, Don’ts, Cautions, Emergency measures in the simplest possible method.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i may of little help because i have faced the problem my self my maruti 800 battery whenever was dead i did following
1. connect the battery to the inverter overnight and in the morning it was as good as new
2. touched the terminal of 800 battery with the battery taken out from my zen and try to start it rest alternator charges the battery but precautions are in this case to check for spills of battery water as that is very corrosive and may eat any wire or electrical part it may drop on so use a cloth to cover area near the battery,
3. use tea wator not with milk or suger just tea leaves boiled in water ,pour it hot on the terminals it removes the deposits (the white cream like stuff) and makes the terminals as new so the battery life increases and can retain more.
may be this would help

Jump-starting a Car.What I've learnt

Hi Guyz,Bharath here.

Yesterday,I was going with my Dad and saw a Micra getting jump started by a Polo.After some time,I could see smoke from Both Cars and I was frightened.Dad was laughing all the time and he explained me why this happened and what is the Correct way.I also started laughing

OK,I Will try to explain what I've learned in my poor english.

When you jump start a non-starting vehicle with another healthy vehicle and if you leave the engine of healthy vehicle running, you may end with a busted "donor" vehicle. Or both.

Why? First, because when the engine from donor is running it's alternator try to feed both batteries. Hence a great current is delivered from this alternator.
Second, when you try to start the non-starting vehicle a even higher current is asked from this alternator.
And when the action on the starter ends, this huge current try to maintains itself (coil effect) by increasing voltage. That's take some milliseconds but enough to hurt sensitive equipment.

Good practice should be:
-connect both positive batteries terminals.
-connect negative terminal from good battery to a bare metal part of the non starting engine.
-start donor vehicle for about 5 minutes, then switch OFF.
-try starting non starting vehicle. If it starts, let it running for 5 minutes or so then remove jumping cables. Begin by negative.

@ your own risks.

Thanks,Experts can correct me if I am Wrong.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Can a ‘power bank’ jump start a Tata Nexon? Check this video out!

A dead battery can be a big problem for modern cars. Modern cars are becoming heavier and with the electronics in place, it can be a task to push-start a vehicle. The simpler method is to jump-start the vehicle, which again requires a lot of effort including sourcing another car. The third option? Call the roadside assistance, this is a relatively easier option but is time-consuming. Here is a much simpler option that can be used to jump-start the car without sweating much.

Read:

Top Bottom