Journey from Korea (Fluidic Verna) To Germany (Vento)

Thread Starter #61
exactly when we see engine noise of cars with diesel hearts, i think verna has no competition at all. I feel the solidity of vento but the sound also proves that i has something in it. VW could have done something better about it apart from providing a carpet below bonnet to isolate the engine sound.

exactly when we see engine noise of cars with diesel hearts, i think verna has no competition at all. I feel the solidity of vento but the sound also proves that i has something in it. VW could have done something better about it apart from providing a carpet below bonnet to isolate the engine sound.
yes the engine sound dampner below the bonnet seems to be pretty ineffective in the VW. Although the engine noise in cabin is still low when windows rolled up, but become pretty loud when you roll the window down and specially the 3 pot engine of the Polo Tdi i'm referring to here.
In my Polo, pretty much all the time I have the windows rolled up, AC functioning at speed 2 and put some soft music on the ICE. Engine noise is literally inaudible inside the cabin then.[:D]

Thread Starter #63
you are right GM88, rolled up windows and light music with AC, no one can actually hear the growls of the car. and one who standing outside while car's ignition is on and is idle, will look at the car to see who's making such noice.

As everyone is talking about the engine noise here, Octavia is one of the loudest of the lot. Yes, i own one. During idling it feels like a Lorry/Truck Idling(with windows rolled down). But when is moves, the turbo whistle takes me to cloud9. Its simply addictive and i roll down my windows just for that. [;)] And i drive as close as possible to the Median to listen to the turbo note clearly.

Initially i was put down by the idling noise and clatter(before timing belt change)made by the car, but when you start to observe your car breathing heavily, your views might change. After the timing belt change, the breathing sound is very clear and precise which makes me feel that my car is healthy , this might sound stupid [confused] , but im just writing up what i feel.

I might be confusing here [frustration] , but this is just my humble opinion being in a community of PETROL HEADS(i mean TAI members).

Regards,
Jeno.

Last edited:
you are right GM88, rolled up windows and light music with AC, no one can actually hear the growls of the car. and one who standing outside while car's ignition is on and is idle, will look at the car to see who's making such noice.
[lol][lol] yes very true indeed. Me and my two cousins took our rides to a nearby highway to compare them. One has a 2011 new swift vdi, the other has a Punto diesel 2011 make. On comparison of engine noise standing outside, Swift had the least. Polo seemed to be doing better than the Punto though.Inside the cabin, engine noise is almost equal in all three, maybe marginally less in the swift. Not much of a difference we could make out.
But the classy interiors and the fit and finish of the VW takes the pie overall. The feel good factor sitting inside the car is best in the Polo among the other two hatchbacks.

Thread Starter #66
@jeno: no doubt, octavia's drive is really an addiction. i have driven a friends for about 200kms non stop and it was lovable. i love its odo meter. its truly sporty..!!
Diesel cars really sounds like lions on the road..though some people call it sounds of trucks, but its about being adjusted and habitual of it..

Thread Starter #67
[lol][lol] yes very true indeed. Me and my two cousins took our rides to a nearby highway to compare them. One has a 2011 new swift vdi, the other has a Punto diesel 2011 make. On comparison of engine noise standing outside, Swift had the least. Polo seemed to be doing better than the Punto though.Inside the cabin, engine noise is almost equal in all three, maybe marginally less in the swift. Not much of a difference we could make out.
But the classy interiors and the fit and finish of the VW takes the pie overall. The feel good factor sitting inside the car is best in the Polo among the other two hatchbacks.

POLO is a stunner, i dont find swift or punto anywhere near it when it comes to looks and royalty.And for remaining comparison i am going through your thread.

Thread Starter #68
Guys, was going for a weekend trip to Chandigarh this weekend on my cousins Honda city I-vtec S-MT. While overtaking a truck, their was a diversion on left and car speed was 130kmph, and some stones were kept at the corner of diversion. When we saw those stones it was very impossible to stop the car and right side of ours was a truck. Car got over stones and after some 10mtrs stone came out. Then we stopped the car and looked at the car, bumper was down, coolant leaking, radiator broke down and condenser too. This all happened on highway with no help near to us. Called Honda's roadside assistance many times, they dint picked up our call. Why these Honda people claim to be royal when they cant even provide help in this situation. We had to pay some 500bucks to some auto-rickshaw driver to take us to nearest city(Ambala, Punjab) which was 20kms. and then the major shock, all these parts were not available their. Had to get those parts from Chandigarh to get damaged ones replaced.
When in this situation, what best a person should do when roadside doesn't respond?

POLO is a stunner, i dont find swift or punto anywhere near it when it comes to looks and royalty.And for remaining comparison i am going through your thread.
Yes very true. Swift and even Punto now are way too common atleast from what i've seen in Chandigarh and Delhi. Polo still feels a little exclusive than the other two.
Hey karlover can you post a picture of the front arm rest in your Vento. I am in search for one for my Polo. I want something that looks close to what VW is providing in the Vento.

That is really sad to hear about the whole Honda incident that happened with you. I guess if the car was valid for the Honda's road side assistance , then you should complain about them for all the harrassment you had to face of going upto Ambala and ahead. Really surprised to see this coming from a company like Honda.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #70
sure GM88 will click the picture as soon as i get back home. will post some pictures tomorrow. but i think it is connected to the rear ac vents, not with the driver seat(i am not sure), so do polo got rear ac vents?
what to complain, it's of no use now, they will would be having a list of excuses, i had to spend some 20k in ambala only to get my car in running position, and now back to delhi will think about getting done with the condenser thing.

Hey karlover. Just now bumped up in this thread and read your whole story. I must say you took a right decission regarding the Vento. And congrats for the ride. Also you got a good deal for the Verna. BTW how much was the depreciation? I guess not more than 50k. Also what was the OTR of Verna and Vento?

Nwayz since you have already owned a Fluidic and now owning the Vento; how is the suspension of the Vento. I mean have you happened to fill the boot along with others in the car. How is the car reacting on speed breakers and potholes with all the passengers and luggage? And also wanted to know if three people and be seated comfortably because in Verna they cant.

And yes the beige colour looks nice. Not so common but better than silver IMO. And why didnt you went with the Potenza GIIIs?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #72
thanks gears1313, depreciation was 60k as it was dad's friend so some regard we did for him.
OTR Verna: 11.2L
OTR Vento:11.57L and after discounts 10.93L

Vento's suspension is far better then verna, its more of a confident drive. I drove with 4 passengers in rear with luggage but dint found any fall. Smooth passage i have seen over speed breakers and potholes. I went out with friends we were 6 on board, and all were very much comfortable that too with the presence of a hump in between, at rear.

Wanted to go for white initially, then mind switched to blue but it needed lots of maintenance just like black so at the end beige was my choice.
I tried a lot for Potenza GIII's but couldn't find it, so finally went in for potenza RE88, when checked online regarding the toughness and features, both were almost same, so RE88 was an intelligent decision at that time.

Thread Starter #73
Today morning got my hand on a friends audi a6 2.0 diesel, the road grip essence i get in my vento found same kinda hint in AUDI as well. And Audi's equipments and royalty took me over. Adjustable suspension setups and many other gizmos were one of those features, i was hearing for the first time. A great car to own.
Planning to get one of these luxury sedans by next two years.

Last edited:
thanks gears1313, depreciation was 60k as it was dad's friend so some regard we did for him.
OTR Verna: 11.2L
OTR Vento:11.57L and after discounts 10.93L

Vento's suspension is far better then verna, its more of a confident drive. I drove with 4 passengers in rear with luggage but dint found any fall. Smooth passage i have seen over speed breakers and potholes. I went out with friends we were 6 on board, and all were very much comfortable that too with the presence of a hump in between, at rear.

Wanted to go for white initially, then mind switched to blue but it needed lots of maintenance just like black so at the end beige was my choice.
I tried a lot for Potenza GIII's but couldn't find it, so finally went in for potenza RE88, when checked online regarding the toughness and features, both were almost same, so RE88 was an intelligent decision at that time.
Thanks for the reply bro. 60k was a decent depreciation I guess. Assuming that it was CRDi SX.

Also happy to know that you are having a peace of mind after the same thing experimenting in the Vento too. It was a good move IMO because whats the use of owning a 10L+ car if you are not mentally happy with it.[:D]

Njoy the ride.

you should check out the bmws man their handling is killer, well even were looking to upgrade the verna with a 32oi/325i or a4 tsi In a year or two. But in terms of the consoles i find audi splendid. Btw audi skoda vw form the same group.

Top Bottom