"Jerks" While Shifting Gears in Ford Figo

You're welcome.Hope they call solves all of your woes this time around.

Even if it takes time, a lot of people rush the service stations and then something gets left out.

Try to be patient.

Thread Starter #32
Update: Been to Service Station yesterday and drove both mine and another Figo back to back numerous times. I can clearly feel and demonstrate the difference in both, however, the Service Manager & CRM aren't feeling anything anything as such. As per them, this is normal.

I gave up try convincing them. It's difficult to wake someone who is pretending to sleep isn't it?

Thread Starter #34
It sure is, why don't you ask them to swap the gearbox and let you test the new gearbox.
First of all, they are not even accepting that there is an issue, how will they even think about a solution? [;)] They too realise what I am pointing at, when both the cars were driven back to back. But still, they don't want to accept it, don't know for what reason. Maybe, they couldn't probably figure out the cause of the issue or possibly don't know the solution.

I am not sure but could it be an issue with the "Clutch release bearing" or something to do with the turbo. Does this jerking issue happen at specific RPM's or is it specific to the 2nd & 3rd gears? here is a pic of the clutch release bearing in a m800 gearbox.

Some cars come with "Hydraulic clutch" like fiat palio, in such cases you can also check the hose that connects the release bearing with the pedal. Sometimes the service center guys will know the problem, but they act like as if they cant find the issue at all.

Thread Starter #36
I am not sure but could it be an issue with the "Clutch release bearing" or something to do with the turbo. Does this jerking issue happen at specific RPM's or is it specific to the 2nd & 3rd gears? here is a pic of the clutch release bearing in a m800 gearbox.

Some cars come with "Hydraulic clutch" like fiat palio, in such cases you can also check the hose that connects the release bearing with the pedal. Sometimes the service center guys will know the problem, but they act like as if they cant find the issue at all.
Thanks SS80. Mine is Hydraulic too. It's quite more in 2nd & 3rd gears compared to others. However, present in all gears.

You are right. They realize the issue, but not acknowledging for some reason.

In such cases, threaten with legal action.Tell them these issues one by one have crossed your threshold and you are going to make them pay.

Can you post a pic or two of the hydraulic clutch hose & also the engine bay (preferably gearbox side). May be someone here in TAI can identify if something is wrong & suggest necessary action. How does the RPM behave when you press the clutch (to change gear)? does it drop drastically to normal idling (say about 1k rpm) or does it take a long time?

Thread Starter #39
Can you post a pic or two of the hydraulic clutch hose & also the engine bay (preferably gearbox side). May be someone here in TAI can identify if something is wrong & suggest necessary action. How does the RPM behave when you press the clutch (to change gear)? does it drop drastically to normal idling (say about 1k rpm) or does it take a long time?
Mmm hmmm... Probably, why not we meet, open up the engine bay and you figure it all out? [:D] After all, we stay just a street away. [lol]

Thanks for the invitation Subbu Sir, sure by this weekend we'll meet up & although I am not very sure if I can find any "Diesel engine specific" problems, I am sure there is something for me to learn & may be even pinpoint the root of the issue ([;).

I am curious to know what's the problem in the car, which such big dealerships are not ready to fix or even accept it. Also in the meantime, please send e-mails to FORD customer care/complaints departments too, with a link to this thread. I too will search & try to get the email id's.

Thread Starter #41
Thanks for the invitation Subbu Sir, sure by this weekend we'll meet up & although I am not very sure if I can find any "Diesel engine specific" problems, I am sure there is something for me to learn & may be even pinpoint the root of the issue ([;).

I am curious to know what's the problem in the car, which such big dealerships are not ready to fix or even accept it. Also in the meantime, please send e-mails to FORD customer care/complaints departments too, with a link to this thread. I too will search & try to get the email id's.
Great Anand. Will meet up. More than this issue, meeting is important. Isn't?

I have their email ID and already dealing with them. Ford India is coordinating with dealership on this issue.

Even my petrol figo have jerks after the changing the gears and now got serious problem my RPM rising above 3000 even though i give little acceleration. The car doesn't move very quick it lags like someone behind stopping the car. After concerning the Ford A.S.S they told the clutch plates worn out :(. I done only 1500 in ODO in 8 months

Thread Starter #43
Even my petrol figo have jerks after the changing the gears and now got serious problem my RPM rising above 3000 even though i give little acceleration. The car doesn't move very quick it lags like someone behind stopping the car. After concerning the Ford A.S.S they told the clutch plates worn out :(. I done only 1500 in ODO in 8 months
Hi Shenoy - Welcome to TAI. Guess, you have posted the same in FB too that a friend of your's owning Polo drove your car and tried to test it's limits?

Clutch Plates wearing in 1500 is unacceptable. What are they saying now? Replacing under warrant?

Hi Shenoy - Welcome to TAI. Guess, you have posted the same in FB too that a friend of your's owning Polo drove your car and tried to test it's limits?

Clutch Plates wearing in 1500 is unacceptable. What are they saying now? Replacing under warrant?
Yes my polo friend tested the figo car to know true performance of the car although we did it only one time that doesn't do any damage to the car i think...

They told that clutch plates won't replace under warranty [anger] how the heck clutch plates worn out too fast in 1500 kms.

Thread Starter #45
Yes my polo friend tested the figo car to know true performance of the car although we did it only one time that doesn't do any damage to the car i think...

They told that clutch plates won't replace under warranty [anger] how the heck clutch plates worn out too fast in 1500 kms.
First of all, stressing the engine to that level during Run-in period can really damage the it in a longer run. The initial 2500 KMs are extremely crucial. It's recommended not to exceed 2K RPM level during this period. The Run-In Period may probably last up till 20K KMs, but you may gradually get ease on it. Eg: 2K RPM to 2.5 for next 5K KMs or so. Please google for articles on Run-In Period, there are plenty. Sorry, I didn't want to scare you, but this is the fact. So that you may take care of it at least from now on.

Moreover, I understand that you are new driver and tend to overuse the clutch. Yet, 1500 KMs is way too early. I would recommend you to not get settled with FASS on this. You must fight back.

Top Bottom