"Jerks" While Shifting Gears in Ford Figo

First of all, stressing the engine to that level during Run-in period can really damage the it in a longer run. The initial 2500 KMs are extremely crucial. It's recommended not to exceed 2K RPM level during this period. The Run-In Period may probably last up till 20K KMs, but you may gradually get ease on it. Eg: 2K RPM to 2.5 for next 5K KMs or so. Please google for articles on Run-In Period, there are plenty. Sorry, I didn't want to scare you, but this is the fact. So that you may take care of it at least from now on.

Moreover, I understand that you are new driver and tend to overuse the clutch. Yet, 1500 KMs is way too early. I would recommend you to not get settled with FASS on this. You must fight back.
thanks for the advice. I just called them again to confirm whether they willing to replace it under free of cost or not. If they won't do it i will write mail to ford MD and consumer complaints.

Yes my polo friend tested the figo car to know true performance of the car although we did it only one time that doesn't do any damage to the car i think...

They told that clutch plates won't replace under warranty [anger] how the heck clutch plates worn out too fast in 1500 kms.
I am pretty sure your friend will never drive his own polo wildly.Treat your car with love and respect.

The clutch plates do come under wear and tear items.The only way you can prove that you deserve them to be replaced free is to fight it out with Ford or prove that the clutch was faulty or had a manufacturing defect, which may seem likely unless you are a clutch driver.Any good mechanic can tell what has caused the clutch to fail.

Get the contact details from Figoian and start writing them emails.

I would suggest, you stop driving the car till the clutch is replaced or else you will end up ruining your engine.

I am pretty sure your friend will never drive his own polo wildly.Treat your car with love and respect.

The clutch plates do come under wear and tear items.The only way you can prove that you deserve them to be replaced free is to fight it out with Ford or prove that the clutch was faulty or had a manufacturing defect, which may seem likely unless you are a clutch driver.Any good mechanic can tell what has caused the clutch to fail.

Get the contact details from Figoian and start writing them emails.

I would suggest, you stop driving the car till the clutch is replaced or else you will end up ruining your engine.
I just tested the car again and it's working normal. I think the issue is temporarily gone if i drove again the problem may exists and i need alert always before anything goes wrong.

Now the car is working properly?

If the rpms go over the redline when you drive, you could end up damaging your engine.

Do the oil change if you have not already.

After the first 1000-2000 run in period kms you should change the engine oil+filter and gear oil.For the exact amount of Kms that constitutes the run-in/break-in period check your owners manual.

Do the oil change if you have not already.

After the first 1000-2000 run in period kms you should change the engine oil+filter and gear oil.For the exact amount of Kms that constitutes the run-in/break-in period check your owners manual.
Ford mechanic checked all those things and all this oils are at maximum levels.

Not checking the levels, but changing the oil after the break-in/run-in period.

During the break-in/run-in period metal particles are released into the oil and the filter cannot trap all of them.Hence it is a good practice to change the engine oil+filer and gear oil after the initial 1000-2000kms.

Hi everybody [:D]

This is my first post. I have booked a Ford Figo Titanium (D) 2 days back.. But after reading this thread i'm doubting ford's service credentials and also the car itself. Have i made a wrong decision?[confused]

Please suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #59
Hi everybody [:D]

This is my first post. I have booked a Ford Figo Titanium (D) 2 days back.. But after reading this thread i'm doubting ford's service credentials and also the car itself. Have i made a wrong decision?[confused]

Please suggest.
Hi Ramkee - Welcome to TAI and Figo Family.

Well, it's not an universal issue on all Figos. However, persists in few. In many ways, Ford is a good brand and Figo is a great car. No doubts. Positives & Negatives do exist in every brand and products. No one can assure you that Ford or MS or Hyundai or any other brand and it's product are niggle free. As a matter of fact, a perfect car doesn't exist anywhere. So, don't get confused.

Service experience is subjective and can vary with each individuals. We have also heard people crying about MS & other products too. We just have to deal with it.

What are your key reasons to pick Figo in the whole lot? That matters more than anything else.

Hi Ramkee - Welcome to TAI and Figo Family.

Well, it's not an universal issue on all Figos. However, persists in few. In many ways, Ford is a good brand and Figo is a great car. No doubts. Positives & Negatives do exist in every brand and products. No one can assure you that Ford or MS or Hyundai or any other brand and it's product are niggle free. As a matter of fact, a perfect car doesn't exist anywhere. So, don't get confused.

Service experience is subjective and can vary with each individuals. We have also heard people crying about MS & other products too. We just have to deal with it.

What are your key reasons to pick Figo in the whole lot? That matters more than anything else.
Thanks for your reply Figoian.[:)]

Well, to be honest the first thing i looked at is the brand FORD. Since my younger days i always dreamt of owning a FORD car, which however didnt happen till now due to budgetory problems. Then offcourse for its best value for money pricing.

Apart from the above i liked the spacious interiors (compared to other hatch backs), easy maneuverability, coolest A/C and offcourse for its comfort.
However during my test drive it didnt took off well in 2nd gear i.e whenver i changed gear from 1st to 2nd the engine was almost coming to halt with some vibrations (changed the gear after around 1500rpm) and in slopes of our bangalore, it was almost impossible for me to go in 2nd gear and i was forced to downshift midway. When i asked sales executive about this, he informed me that it takes off well ONLY after 2000rpm [surprise] in 2nd gear (i.e when turbo takes over i feel, pls correct me if i m wrong) and i tried that, and offcourse he was right. so overall i was satisfied and booked the car without second thought as it was from my brand FORD.

But when i saw this thread along with your other thread regarding FE, doubts started to peek into my mind as i had also faced problems in the 2nd gear only which is the talking point in most of the threads of figo.

Top Bottom