Jeep Compass Now Launched in India

Thanks to fans who would worship a foreign brand with their life at stake, the company gets away with replacing the car instead of recalling it. If you care to read about the incident, you would know that it happened in an area with good roads and no potholes. No modern car has suffered from as many issues as the Compass. Just see the list of niggles on any forum, mouthshut.com or youtube. But they are a foreign brand, so even if the suspension breaks or the brakes fail (old EcoSport and Xcent), we will be happy to bask in the faded glory of their foreign origin.

Had the suspension failed in a first world country, or even China, Jeep would have been sued by now. They got away scot free because of a colonized mindset.
Completely agree with the term "colonized mindset" or "slave mindset"

kkn13

Suspended
Thanks to fans who would worship a foreign brand with their life at stake, the company gets away with replacing the car instead of recalling it. If you care to read about the incident, you would know that it happened in an area with good roads and no potholes. No modern car has suffered from as many issues as the Compass. Just see the list of niggles on any forum, mouthshut.com or youtube. But they are a foreign brand, so even if the suspension breaks or the brakes fail (old EcoSport and Xcent), we will be happy to bask in the faded glory of their foreign origin.

Had the suspension failed in a first world country, or even China, Jeep would have been sued by now. They got away scot free because of a colonized mindset.
Not really
I think our own Indian cars have suffered far worse issues
Any car can suffer issues
And without full proof, I wont give benefit of the doubt to either parties

As for niggles, I think our own beloved Tata cars have also had their fair share
One just needs to take test drive in 3-4 different cars to see the differences

Dont take my word, try it for yourself

One-off incidents happen to all brands
Unless you are implying even the BMW X1 incident is like the Compass
Surely thats a more expensive car (nearly 3 times the price), why doesnt BMW earn a bad name whereas Jeep does

Oh and you think suspension issues are bad, have you forgotten the XUV500's fragile rims?? My brother owns an XUV500 and I shudder at the thought of what could have happened given the number of reported breaking of rims of various XUVs

As for lawsuits, I love how you assume Jeep goes completely scot free in India
Havent you seen how tarnished the reputations of Skoda,Jeep (Landmark incident) are?

This has nothing to do with foreign or Indian brands, issues are issues and Id trust a fully tried and tested global product that releases late into our market after 2-3 years or is exported from India to other countries over a home grown one with no global presence
Thats my views, call me whatever you like but I only opt for what I feel is best for me, you should do the same for yours [;)]

Also name these so called recurring issues you claim for Jeep Compass
Put it up against the issues of Tata cars since you think Indian brands are so perfect

Last edited:

Ok foreign brands are not exact the best, but are Indian brands any better? Jeeps move is bold in my opinion, because for a compass one is shelling out more than 18 lakhs , so if an issue arise Jeep says we are taking back the mint one and giving another worth 18 lakhs, even today Ford,Hyundai,Tata,Maruti or any brand wont do this for customer, one reason I feel Jeep can do this now is because of less products on market, so capturing market is a big challenge, for this they need to do all they can, more than that Tata s new X451 Maruti's new sub 20 lakhs flagship suv too will be launched in coming years, so Jeep needs to have a trust that will give them a chance to fight head on with cheaper rivals. Every brand is doing business , no brand are saints, they all are making HUGE profits, so what customer just need to check is whether the product is safe, well built, suits the purpose in need, even price is not a big factor because paying extra 1 or two lakhs for more safety features is always a welcome feature as far as I am concerned. So in that context if a brand is proven reliable globally definitely it will have a slight advantage over a home grown product, vice versa too can happen ie in case of Polo,Jetta, both are worlds biggest selling cars Golf is still worlds 3rd best selling car and Polo is 5th and yet in India its not doing well and people are not entirely fond of it. But I would pick one because my criteria is Safety first and in that aspect VW is still top notch. Quality and build quality of VWs too are far above class norms. And as far as I feel if one takes care of their machines it will reward with good life and reliability as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

kkn13

Suspended
Ok foreign brands are not exact the best, but are Indian brands any better? Jeeps move is bold in my opinion, because for a compass one is shelling out more than 18 lakhs , so if an issue arise Jeep says we are taking back the mint one and goving another worth 18 lakhs, even today Ford,Hyundai,Tata,Maruti or any brand wont do this for customer, one reason I feel Jeep cna do this now is because of less products on market, so capturing market is a big challenge, for this they need to do all they can, more than that Tata s new X451 Maruris new sub 20 lakhs flagship suv too will be launched in coming years, so Jeep needs to have a trust that will give them a chance to fight head on with cheaper rivals. Every brand is doing business , no brand are saints, they all are making HUGE profurs, so what customer just need to check is whether the product is safe, well built, suits the purpose in need, even price is not a big factor because paying extra 1 or two lakhs for more safety features is always a welocme feature as far as I am concerned. So in thta context if a brand is proven reliable globally definitely it will have a slight advantage over a home grown product, vice versa too can happen ie in case of Polo,Jetta, both are worlds biggest selling cars Golf is still worlds 3rd best seloing car and Polo is 5th and yet in India its not doing well and poeple are not entirely fond of it. But I would pick one because my criteria is Safety first and in thta aspect VW is still top notch. Quality and buult quality of VWs too are far above class norms. And as far as I feel if one takes care of their machines it will reward with good life and reliability as well.
Actually Ford did replace engines of some reported engine failure cars from 1st batch of Ecosport no questions asked recently
They also replaced an Ecosport for someone in another forum
So I think Ford is on the right track

The fact that they have also reported to have the lowest ownership cost right now in our market is really tempting

No brand is perfect but when taking on established giants in our market such as Maruti and Hyundai, Id surely appreciate Jeep and Ford for taking the Indian market very seriously and offering no compromise products such as Compass, Ecosport and Endeavour against giants such as the Creta, Brezza and Fortuner respectively. The fairly good service reports and honestly lesser reported niggles (unlike what some people want to believe) help matters more

The only thing that scares me from opting against Honda, Maruti,Hyundai,Toyota is another Chevrolet in the making. I am already left wondering what to do for future parts of my Chevy . However I feel the risk may be worth it given high sales for Ecosport overall and Jeep using India as an export hub, so lesser risk than Chevy wherein internal politics of the company was also to blame here

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I agree to most part of your views bro. Jeep needs to inspect the cars which are running sighting this incident. Resolving one case by replacing the car isn't the end of it. In the larger picture, they have to take precautions for the already sold ones and the ones in assembly line. I am shocked to see that the facility where Compass is built is the same where the Nexon also is built but there are drastic differences in both as far as the niggles are concerned. However, for Ford, I'll say, they have come of the age. They aren't the same now and have improved a lot w.r.t service & product reliability. Jeep & Ford have no comparison. Jeep is just a one product old brand in India where as Ford is far more established one in comparison.

I just hope, they don't become the 2nd brand who makes great products but they aren't reliable and niggle ridden. We all know who the 1st one is!

Regards

Akash

I don't understand why we are coming to conclusions and jumping the gun without much information.

While its quite clear, it was a manufacturing defect, Jeep did what was expected from it. They did not dilly dally away time, and immediately replaced the car for the customer.
No where has it been said that they are not investigating the issue.
The investigation and problem finding does take time, and we cannot conclude that it is an issue that requires a recall before that.
When we hear cases where customers struggle for years with lemon cars, with manufacturer not batting an eyelid, this quick response by Jeep has to be appreciated.

Its another fact, that Jeep was so proactive here, as its just building its brand in India, and it does not want to be in news for any negative things, after the manhandling fiasco in their dealership. There was a frustrated customer of Jeep, Teg Sethi, in Australia, who even made a song about his problems to get Jeep's attention.
"http://time.com/4110226/jeep-lemon-rap-song/"

In a country like ours where the manufacturer has hardly any responsibility in matters, and where there are no concrete lemon laws or recall laws, we should appreciate the proactive work done by Jeep. GM for example had done a recall for Captiva around the world for a fire risk, and that did not happen in India, even after some reported incidents.
Though this does not get them off the hook, to do the necessary investigation to avoid such things in the future, but taking into consideration the issue, and to keep the customer happy, they took the best possible action, in my opinion.

kkn13

Suspended
I don't understand why we are coming to conclusions and jumping the gun without much information.

While its quite clear, it was a manufacturing defect, Jeep did what was expected from it. They did not dilly dally away time, and immediately replaced the car for the customer.
No where has it been said that they are not investigating the issue.
The investigation and problem finding does take time, and we cannot conclude that it is an issue that requires a recall before that.
When we hear cases where customers struggle for years with lemon cars, with manufacturer not batting an eyelid, this quick response by Jeep has to be appreciated.

Its another fact, that Jeep was so proactive here, as its just building its brand in India, and it does not want to be in news for any negative things, after the manhandling fiasco in their dealership. There was a frustrated customer of Jeep, Teg Sethi, in Australia, who even made a song about his problems to get Jeep's attention.
"http://time.com/4110226/jeep-lemon-rap-song/"

In a country like ours where the manufacturer has hardly any responsibility in matters, and where there are no concrete lemon laws or recall laws, we should appreciate the proactive work done by Jeep. GM for example had done a recall for Captiva around the world for a fire risk, and that did not happen in India, even after some reported incidents.
Though this does not get them off the hook, to do the necessary investigation to avoid such things in the future, but taking into consideration the issue, and to keep the customer happy, they took the best possible action, in my opinion.
I second this opinion !!
Even JLR had a few bad cases of complete lemon Discovery 4s which went unresolved
When so many manufacturers turn a blind eye to such things, I think Jeep needs to be given the benefit of the doubt especially since this is probably a one-off case and they took immediate action

As for some people calling Nexon niggle free given its made in the same factory as Compass , I hardly think so. A few test drives will show which is what.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Jeep Compass spotted carrying the cutest Happy Birthday message

This is as happy a message as any – ‘It’s my birthday! Honk twice and roll down the window and say ‘Happy Birthday Aahan’.’ I don’t know this is stuck on the car.

This red Jeep Compass was spotted in Maharashtra has a serious job, and seems to be doing a pretty good job at spreading the birthday message. In terms of probability, those around Mumbai (West) – Andheri (MH-02) are most likely to spot the goodwill vehicle.

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen the car, and hope it’s not too late, but a wish is a wish. Happy Birthday Aahan. And hopefully if you’ve seen the request, do spread some cheer. And yes we do understand the dangers of pursuing the request, but a simple two honk acknowledgment shouldn’t really get in the way of anything.

Ofcourse there are things to keep in mind if you find yourself in a position to wish Aahan. Don’t honk unnecessarily long sequences to get noticed. If you find yourself in a parallel lane and are trying to pull up to be abreast ensure the vehicle in front isn’t inconvenienced.

If you find yourself directly behind the car, and want to pull up parallel, please watch the next lane for traffic and only shift lanes when a sufficient gap is available. Most importantly, don’t flout speed limits in trying to catch up as that could end quite badly. First it’s wrong, and you’re quite likely to pick up a speeding ticket as the number of speed cameras being installed has been increasing in recent months.

And since both posters have been stuck on quiet effectively, hopefully they haven’t fallen off yet. Can’t promise cake and celebrations but there’s nothing better than spreading a good cheer. Once again, ‘Happy Birthday Aahan’.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2018 Jeep Compass Black Night Edition India launch before Diwali 2018

Jeep has had a good run in the Indian market, having sold more than 30,000 units of Compass since its launch. With rising popularity, the leading American automaker is aiming to augment its position in the off-road segment by launching new variants of Jeep Compass.

To boost sales further, and offer customers something special this Diwali, Jeep will launch a Black Night edition. This is expected to be similar to the Night Eagle edition which is on sale in Brazil. It will be launched later this month or early next month.

Jeep Compass Black Night is the Limited trim edition and largely offers cosmetic enhancements. It has 18″ alloys and is available in two colour options; Metallic Carbon Black and Shadow Black. In international markets, both Dark Eagle and Trailhawk come with an advanced 9-speed automatic transmission for the diesel powertrain. It is not clear if India will get the same or not.

Apart from the black night edition, there is also the Trailhawk 4×4 edition for India. But this will launch early next year. Jeep Compass Trailhawk is swankier in design and probably the most stunning in this segment. It’s developed on the top limited trim and has advanced features such as the Rock mode that utilizes Jeep’s Active Drive low-range 4×4 system. The new Jeep Compass variants will help rev up the sales even further.

Jeep Compass is available in both petrol and diesel variants. Petrol engine is a 1.4-litre MultiAir turbocharged unit that delivers 160bhp and 250Nm of torque. It is mated to either a 7-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission. Diesel version has a 2.0-litre MultiJet engine that delivers 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. It’s available with a 6-speed manual gearbox. However, an all-wheel-drive option is available for the diesel variant.

Jeep Compass petrol variant prices start at Rs 15.34 lakh, whereas the diesel version starts at Rs 16.55 lakh (both ex-showroom Delhi). Upcoming variants are expected to be pricier than current variants. Below is photos of Brazil-spec Jeep Compass Night Eagle edition.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Jeep Compass Limited Plus with sunroof launch soon – Rivals Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500

Jeep Compass sales in India have been on a decline in the past few months. From averaging 2,500 units every month last year, the sales for last 3 months have gone down to about 1,400 units – while July 2018 sales at just 1,201 units.

To give Jeep Compass much needed boost in sales, the company will launch a series of new variants. First will come in the form of Limited Plus trim. This is going to sit above the current Limited (O) trim which is priced at Rs 20.2 lakhs for diesel Manual and Rs 20.54 lakhs for petrol AT.

jeep-compass-limited-plus-launch-india.jpg

One of the most important feature update is the addition of sunroof. Dealers found difficult to convince buyers who complained why more expensive and luxurious Jeep Compass did not offer sunroof, when smaller and more affordable cars like Hyundai Creta and Mahindra XUV500 were offering sunroof. The result, some buyers decided not to buy the Compass because it did not have sunroof.

Hyundai and Mahindra, both did not offer sunroof on their respective SUVs above. But, both of them started offering sunroof with the launch of updated 2018 variants. This resulted in a sales boost for both the companies. Hyundai saw an increase in Creta sales, while Mahindra saw increase in XUV500 sales.

2018-jeep-compass-limited-plus-spied-launch-price-details-sunroof.jpg

With sunroof option now coming to Jeep Compass, the company can hope to increase sales during this Diwali festive period. In addition to sunroof, the Compass Limited Plus variant will also get a larger 8.4 inch touchscreen infotainment system, 18 inch dual tone alloys and power adjustable front driver and passenger seats. It also gets dual front and side curtain airbags as standard along with rain-sensing wipers.

Powering the new Jeep Compass Limited Plus variant will be the same diesel 2.0 liter engine delivering 171 PS and 350 Nm via 6 speed manual transmission. It will also get a petrol 1.4 liter engine delivering 160 PS and 250 Nm via 7 speed automatic gearbox.

2018 Compass Limited Plus trim will sit above the Limited (O) trim, which is the top-spec trim as of now. Expect prices to be about Rs 1.5 lakhs higher than the respective Limited (O) trim. This means, Jeep Compass Limited Plus petrol price expected is Rs 22 lakhs, and that of diesel is Rs 21.5 lakhs for 4×2 MT variant and Rs 23.5 lakhs for 4×4 variant. All prices ex-sh, Delhi.

Source:

What kind of people we have in india. Who needs a sunroof in india? we have so much of sun already, we want powerful ac to keep car cool. Sunroof, i dont understand the fetish for sunroof?
Had it be polar countries it would have made sense. Well sunroof is used to stick the head out in a dangerous way endangering lives, infact with the rampant misuse of sunroof, i think for the good of people sunroof should be banned in india.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2018 Jeep Compass Black Pack Edition launched – Priced at Rs 20.59 lakhs

Jeep Compass Black Pack Edition has been launched at Rs 20.59 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi). The special edition which is aimed at boosting sales during the festive season is based on the top end Limited (O) variant. The premium SUV has been a top seller for FCA India ever since its launch in 2017.

Unsurprisingly, Compass Black Pack Edition distinguishes itself from the standard model by means of a few elements that are finished in black. The roof, 17-inch alloy wheels (same pattern as the regular Limited variant) and wing mirrors receive the glossy black treatment.

The Jeep Compass Black Pack Edition is available with three exterior color options namely Minimal Grey and Magnesio Grey, and Vocal White. Inside, the dual-tone team has been replaced by full black tone with chrome accents on the door pad, steering wheel and instrument console. There are no feature additions over the existing Limited (O) trim level.

Equipment highlights include UConnect infotainment system, dual-zone climate control, customizable MID on instrument console, Hill Start Assist, Electronic Parking Brake, 6 airbags, ESC, Start/Stop button, reverse parking camera, etc.

Engine options for the Jeep Compass include a 2.0-litre Multijet II turbodiesel and a 1.4-litre MultiAir turbopetrol. The diesel engine dishes out 173 hp and 350 Nm of torque while the petrol motor is capable of 163 PS and 250 Nm of torque. Standard transmission is a 6-speed manual unit but the MultiAir engine can also be opted with a 7-speed DDCT.

In the last 6 months, Jeep Compass managed a monthly sales average of nearly 1,600 units which is a stark contrast with its immediate rival Hyundai Tuscon’s performance (just 164 units per month). The Jeep brand’s premium appeal and an excellent value proposition have been working in favor of the Compass.

Tata’s upcoming Harrier SUV will share the Compass’ 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel engine albeit in a different state of tune and an automatic transmission option.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Jeep Compass with Sunroof (Hyundai Creta rival) leaked – Launch on 20th Sep

After launching the Compass Black Pack Edition earlier today, Jeep India is now readying the launch of Jeep Compass Limited Plus Edition. It is scheduled to take place on September 20, just ahead of the festive season. Bookings have opened at company showrooms at a down-payment of Rs 1 lakh while deliveries are slated to commence from October 10, 2019. Here are the first photos of the car in detail.

Jeep India’s new Compass Limited Plus Edition which will sport an all black colour scheme along with a panoramic sunroof. The black color scheme extends to interiors, alloy wheels and ORVMs. Apart from these two features, the interiors will be loaded with safety features, thus making the Limited Plus Edition rank highest in safety in its category.

The new top of the line Jeep Compass gets a total of 6 airbags for driver, front passenger, side and curtain airbags, rain sensing wipers, cornering fog lamps, ABS, EBD, hill start assist, electronic parking brake, panic brake assist and electronic roll mitigation.

In terms of infotainment, this special Limited Plus edition gets a larger 8.4” touchscreen infotainment system as compared to the 7” screen seen on the Limited trim. It will also be seen with auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, electrically adjustable seats for driver and front passenger while alloy wheels will measure 18” as against the 17” wheels seen on the Limited variant.

The Jeep Limited Plus Edition continues to be powered by a 2.0 liter diesel engine and a 1.4 liter petrol engine. These are the same engine options which are seen powering the existing variants of Jeep in India. These engines are mated to 6 speed manual and 6 speed automatic transmissions.

The panoramic glass sunroof and black themed interiors will see a significant increase in price. As of today, the top of the line Jeep Compass Limited (O) 4×2 costs Rs 20.36 while the Limited (O) 4×4 is priced at Rs 21.36 lakhs. The Jeep Compass Limited Plus Edition could carry a price tag which is higher by about Rs 1.5-2 lakhs on respective petrol and diesel variant.

Source:

Top Bottom