Jeep Compass Now Launched in India

Congratulations ! Share some pics pls
Fantastic purchase !! Saw two on WE highway this week in same colour , my parents are gaga over it
Dude!![clap] Waiting eagerly for the ownership thread. Make it full of pics and as detailed as possible. Congrats buddy!

Regards

Akash
Thanks all ...I really appreciate all of your inputs and insights which helped immensely me to finalize this.

Few pics from delivery of the vehicle . Planning to go for a long drive this weekend to get understand Compass better and put its positives & negatives.

Attachments

kkn13

Suspended
Thanks all ...I really appreciate all of your inputs and insights which helped immensely me to finalize this.

Few pics from delivery of the vehicle . Planning to go for a long drive this weekend to get understand Compass better and put its positives & negatives.
Dont do this to us, what a beaut of a car especially in that colour !! Please do an ownership report if possible

All 4 in red, was it intentional? [lol]

Thread Starter #321
Jeep Compass recalled in India,

Fiat Chrysler recalls 1,200 units of Jeep Compass. The affected units are manufactured between September 5 and November 19, 2017.

The recall has been initiated to repair the loose fasteners, which may have found its way undetected into the airbag module during the assembly process. The carmaker said the loose fasteners may pose a hazard in case the front passenger airbags deploy.

link

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Effective from 01st January 2018 the prices of the Jeep Compass have been increased by FCA. The price hike is between 2-4% as per the media reports.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

An Experience shared by a new owner Mr. Jayanta Phukan of Jeep Compass on Facebook!

Yesterday I have taken the delivery of my Jeep compass car at Mahesh Motors Guwahati. On the way to Duliajan near Nagaon the car broke down the co_passenger side front wheel with drive shafts came out from the car and I somehow managed to stop the car. It's a serious safety issue. Multinational company are selling such poor quality products in India which may cause fatal. I drove the car for just 3 hrs/172kms only. Looking forward for your suggestions what to do!!!!
Link

Friends,

An Experience shared by a new owner Mr. Jayanta Phukan of Jeep Compass on Facebook!

Link
Looks like a case of bad QC by the manufacturer and multiple high-speed hits on a bad road while driving, resulting in this. IIRC, there was a similar case with a BMW X1 driveshaft failure, reported in another forum.

Last edited:
It's so unfortunate , I guess it happened in the dealer level , waiting for more information . Poor owner, hopes Jeep India takes care of the incident professionally !

A drive shaft failing in a new car is totally unacceptable[anger]. I have seen two three such cases on brand new compass's.
@JEEP, keep aside your trailhawk version and tighten your QC check. Do not disappoint your customers who are shelling out more than 2 million[frustration].

A drive shaft failing in a new car is totally unacceptable[anger]. I have seen two three such cases on brand new compass's.
@JEEP, keep aside your trailhawk version and tighten your QC check. Do not disappoint your customers who are shelling out more than 2 million[frustration].
FCA has agreed to replace the car for the customer
https://www.cartoq.com/like-a-boss-jeep-india-to-exchange-customers-compass-suv-that-suffered-suspension-failure/

As per the report on cartoq, FCA has agreed to replace the car with a brand new Jeep Compass. FCA contacted the customer soon after the issue and promised them with the new car. Though , I agree, it still has to be inspected why the failure happened, and the quality checks need to be tightened, this is the kind of reaction that is expected from brands. I have heard of many brands having such issue from Renault Kwids roof leakage to BMW having a similar suspension failure, but this kind of response from the manufacturer is truly remarkable.

From the article headline -
Really? Like a Boss? Hope the editor of this article explain, What is so GREAT about replacing a car that was faulty and not fit to be plying on the road in the first place thus putting customer's life in danger? This could have gone worse and there could have fatalities who were traveling in that car. Agreeing to provide a new car is a just face-saving effort by JEEP. Nothing BOSS about it. Had it happened in a first world country JEEP would have been getting ready to be sued for a multi-million $$$ lawsuit.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
Agreed but wouldnt you rather have a company that wants to iron out issues and understand its customers on a personal level like Ford(1st batch Ecosport engines replaced 4 years later without any question/cost) , Hyundai, Mahindra, Maruti (S Cross engine replaced with no questions asked) or even Tata (Definitely not JLR though, another time for that story) unlike brands like VW, Audi, Skoda ie VAG group itself or even Mercedes (Read- insane bills for a certain E class in another forum) wherein dealers ruin the brands which already have scams and reliability issues globally

I think we all would love a 100% perfect company/car but since that isnt possible, next best thing is a company that listens

Agreed Jeep's Landmark incident was an insane scenario but Id take it with a pinch of salt as a one-off incident that can happen with any brand
One businessman to another, I understand when staff goofs up really bad and in the end, the customers, the company and the owners/dealers lose out more than the staff whose fault it was in the first place

Agreed but wouldnt you rather have a company that wants to iron out issues and understand its customers on a personal level like Ford(1st batch Ecosport engines replaced 4 years later without any question/cost) , Hyundai, Mahindra, Maruti (S Cross engine replaced with no questions asked) or even Tata (Definitely not JLR though, another time for that story) unlike brands like VW, Audi, Skoda ie VAG group itself or even Mercedes (Read- insane bills for a certain E class in another forum) wherein dealers ruin the brands which already have scams and reliability issues globally

I think we all would love a 100% perfect company/car but since that isnt possible, next best thing is a company that listens

Agreed Jeep's Landmark incident was an insane scenario but Id take it with a pinch of salt as a one-off incident that can happen with any brand
One businessman to another, I understand when staff goofs up really bad and in the end, the customers, the company and the owners/dealers lose out more than the staff whose fault it was in the first place

Thanks to fans who would worship a foreign brand with their life at stake, the company gets away with replacing the car instead of recalling it. If you care to read about the incident, you would know that it happened in an area with good roads and no potholes. No modern car has suffered from as many issues as the Compass. Just see the list of niggles on any forum, mouthshut.com or youtube. But they are a foreign brand, so even if the suspension breaks or the brakes fail (old EcoSport and Xcent), we will be happy to bask in the faded glory of their foreign origin.

Had the suspension failed in a first world country, or even China, Jeep would have been sued by now. They got away scot free because of a colonized mindset.

Top Bottom