Jeep Compass Now Launched in India

kkn13

Suspended
Re: All New JEEP Compass Makes Global Debut

Very confusing times for people like us who want a premium 5 seater in CRV/Tucson category
Tiguan, Kodiaq and Tucson AWD launches are also upcoming apparently
Exciting times ahead :D

If they price 20 lacs OTR for top variant 4x4 it would be good.

TrailHawk variant not going though [cry]

kkn13

Suspended

If they price 20 lacs OTR for top variant 4x4 it would be good.

TrailHawk variant not going though [cry]
They wont do that
In fact, expected on road price is expected to be nearly 40L [cry]

Jeep is their "premium" brand so anything lesser will reduce the image or whatever
Itll compete with Q3, X1, Tucson and CR-V apparently

A solid contender but Im wary of the after sales especially considering they didnt have a dealership in Mumbai for 2 years until recently

They wont do that
In fact, expected on road price is expected to be nearly 40L [cry]

Jeep is their "premium" brand so anything lesser will reduce the image or whatever
Itll compete with Q3, X1, Tucson and CR-V apparently

A solid contender but Im wary of the after sales especially considering they didnt have a dealership in Mumbai for 2 years until recently
That's so sad. But AFAIK it comes around 85% localisation to come up with attractive pricing.
Let's hope for the best.

Re: Jeep Compass Spied in India

Jeep gonna pull many hearts with the compass , it would be positioned head on against the Endeavour & C-RV in pricing it seems.

All the best to the Apple of Auto Industry - JEEP

Jeep gonna pull many hearts with the compass , it would be positioned head on against the Endeavour & C-RV in pricing it seems.

All the best to the Apple of Auto Industry - JEEP
Apple of Auto Industry I guess is the Volkwagen brand, makes the most sensible cars but are expensive to maintain and if not taken proper care of could go wrong!
Jeep is an old 4X4 legend reborn with modern muscle and gadgets.

Apple of Auto Industry I guess is the Volkwagen brand, makes the most sensible cars but are expensive to maintain and if not taken proper care of could go wrong!
Jeep is an old 4X4 legend reborn with modern muscle and gadgets.
Jeep is more apple in terms of fan followers than VW,
I guess Japanese & koreans make more sensible cars than VW ,
But expensive maintenance,have to agree with you !

Jeep is more apple in terms of fan followers than VW,
I guess Japanese & koreans make more sensible cars than VW ,
But expensive maintenance,have to agree with you !
No VW makes the worst most sensible cars, Koreans and Japanese make spacious and reliable and comfortable cars but are dead boring to drive, but the VW guys make cars that have the balance of all essence as an automobile
It just lacks a proper ASS,
JEEP fans and Apple, couldnt really make any relation @InsaneTurbo?

kkn13

Suspended

Koreans and Japanese make spacious and reliable and comfortable cars but are dead boring to drive
I sincerely disagree,
Honda- 1.5 IVTEC, 1.8 IVTEC, 1.5 VTEC (Honda City EXI 1st gen), 2.4 IVTEC , 3.5 IVTEC V6(Accord).
Hyundai - 2.0 CRDI , 1.5 CRDI VGT, 1.6 CRDI, 2.2 CRDI VGT.
^^ Absolutely insane engines to drive and can easily give the Europeans a run for the money, reliability and performance.

Hyundai steering may not be the enthusiasts choice but Honda has had a mixed line up of hydraulic and EPS , both of which are very much enthusiast choices. Even the Honda EPS is fairly direct and none of the engines mentioned above will disappoint.

VW has poor low end, 1.5 IVTEC can easily take on VW 1.6 petrol.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

If it's launched even a lakh more than the base tucson it will be dead on arrival. They should definitely price it lower than the tucson.
They should have the auto ac , alloys , touch screen infotainment system , projector headlamps and leather seats as standard. 6 airbags in the base variant would set it apart from the competition.

Last edited:

I sincerely disagree,
Honda- 1.5 IVTEC, 1.8 IVTEC, 1.5 VTEC (Honda City EXI 1st gen), 2.4 IVTEC , 3.5 IVTEC V6(Accord).
Hyundai - 2.0 CRDI , 1.5 CRDI VGT, 1.6 CRDI, 2.2 CRDI VGT.
^^ Absolutely insane engines to drive and can easily give the Europeans a run for the money, reliability and performance.

Hyundai steering may not be the enthusiasts choice but Honda has had a mixed line up of hydraulic and EPS , both of which are very much enthusiast choices. Even the Honda EPS is fairly direct and none of the engines mentioned above will disappoint.

VW has poor low end, 1.5 IVTEC can easily take on VW 1.6 petrol.
Now what do you mean to say with those engine names?
See VW has 1.0 TSi,1.2 TSi,1.6 MPFi,1.2 MPFi,1.4 TSi,1.8 TSi,2.0 TSi,2.5 TSi,3.0 FSi,3.0 TFSi,3.6 VR6,3.6 FSi,4.0 TFSi,4.2 FSi, and diesels 1.5 TDi,1.6 TDi,2.0 TDi,3.0 TDi,3.0 TT TDi,5.0 TT TDi and some insane special engines like the W12 TDi and W4 8.4 l engine etc, so how on earth is Honda even on the realm of VW, see I agree Honda,Hyundai etc are kind of reliable but that dosent mean they are better, now VW is a turbocharged family and I for one would compare the 1.5 iVTEC of Honda to a 1.2 TSi and iVTEC cannot even dream of VWs 1.2 TSi low end torque or mid range torque and that iron block i4s revs crazy as well, sure not as crazy as NA Honda iVTECs but for turbo motors the VW TSi rev to a mind boggling 6200 rpm, while most other turbo charged petrl motors loose steam by around 5500 rpm.
Honda has mixed line, see I agree Honda is better than HYundai but its still far cry from VW in terms of precision, the sharp turn in and high speed stability and the confidence VW/Ford/Fiat cars inspire are on a different league to what Honda,Hyundai has to offer with the exception of the Civic which though old had good dynamic manners, still
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwh0lcANUIQ
more on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztnWoYFlhSw
more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSR-lIsR7Gc
more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_md3qO0PA
more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpGKzynmWZ4
See not one but many who say this, Hyundai and Honda and Toyota and Nissan are good iff one care nothing but reliability.

If it's launched even a lakh more than the base tucson it will be dead on arrival. They should definitely price it lower than the tucson.
They should have the auto ac , alloys , touch screen infotainment system , projector headlamps and leather seats as standard. 6 airbags in the base variant would set it apart from the competition.
I suspect a sub 22 lakhs starting price, but the top end variants would go north of 20 lakhs

kkn13

Suspended

^^
I never mentioned engines above the 3.5L V6, also VW steering is far from precise, its more like Honda itself
My dad owned a 2nd gen Superb TSI manual, I pretty much know what Im talking about
DSG has too much lag for our conditions, even 1.2 TSI hesitates before its power kicks in, NA will always be NA

Exceptions include Fiat's Multijet, MultiAir and T-Jet, they barely have any lag and act like NA till the turbo kicks in , you never feel the lag whatsoever

As for driving stability etc, VW feels very stiff. I have driven Germans and Japs extensively and have never felt Japs felt "unstable" at all. Honda provides a fantastic balance.
This is wayy OT anyways

I heard itll touch 40L , im praying it doesnt cross Tucson levels
I dont think they will under equip it
FCA is portraying Fiat as the normal brand and Jeep as luxury/premium

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Autocar says it will be around 22-25 and there estimate is always closer to the actual price. The main point is the localisation of the product so cost should be low.

Top Bottom