JBL or Rockport.. Which is BEST?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIans,

I have a plan to install speakers for my Vista in rear parcel tray.. Which one is best between JBL & Rockport.

I need a powerful Bass with clear quality of Sound.

In Chennai JBL costs around Rs.3290/-
Rockport costs around Rs.2700/-..

Kindly advice on this. thanks in advance [:)]

have a plan to install speakers for my Vista in rear parcel tray.. Which one is best between JBL & Rockport.
I have never heard of RockPort

Did you mean RockFord Fosgate???
or pardon me if i am wrong here.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I too never heared about Rockport.. Accessories shop owner & mentioned that name..I tried in goolge & confirmed that was Rockport[confused]..

Anyway I confirm the name by today..
If it is Rockford.. how it will be?

I need a powerful Bass with clear quality of Sound.
Well since you mentioned the above need,i am not sure which JBL speaker you are talking about but from my observation i have notice they do not produce much bass as the other brands do,but since you want to add a sub later i guess JBL should be a decent bet,
if the speaker you mentioned are the RockFord stock replacement speakers(they have ads in some car mags),they are not worth it if you want to upgrade your system,they are fine for factory stereo thats it! cos a friend told me they are really sad ones for an upgrade(proof that a fancy brand does not make it best).

Hi ,

I have my doubts that its Rockford, coz rockford does not cost you Rs 2700 . I think its a replica of Rockford Fosgate. That will cost you around 4K.

Regards

bro, its not Rockport. I guess he meant Rockford Fosgate but if its some other brand don't go for it.
If its Rockford go for it. JBL is awesome though Rockford is better.

Hi,
Just wanted to know whether you have finished the installation or not. Let us know which brand finally you selected and how is that sounding.

I am planning to upgrade my speakers in Figo hence your feedback will be much appreciated.

I have heard Rockford speakers and subwoofers. From my experience , the subwoofers are good and normal/component speakers are pretty average. JBL components have more clear quality sound.

Also get a one/two 8 inch's sub woofer in a SEALED box ( not ported ) to get the tight powerful bass that you are referring. Ported box will produce more boomy sound and lot of rattles on the boot.

Thread Starter #12
Hi,
Just wanted to know whether you have finished the installation or not. Let us know which brand finally you selected and how is that sounding.

Still not Installed any speakers. Will going to install by next month. One of my friend installed Pioneer 400W. It produces good bass also.

I may go for JBL or Pioneer. Will finalize while installing.

Get JBL GTO 949.Costs around 3200rs at Snap Deal after discount.[:)] Peak power,max power etc all are fake,look at RMS factor.This one produces around 100W RMS. Which will give you enough bass and sound clarity.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Get JBL GTO 949.Costs around 3200rs at Snap Deal after discount.[:)] Peak power,max power etc all are fake,look at RMS factor.This one produces around 100W RMS. Which will give you enough bass and sound clarity.

Buddy I've already installed the speakers some 8months back & I'm planning to install the Sub-woofer in few months[:)]

Top Bottom