Jazz or Swift? Confused Between These Two

Honda Jazz and Maruti Swift ZXi both are toppers in the list of petrol hatches.
If you are looking for a petrol premium hatchback that will stand out of the crowd with a different style statement Honda Jazz is the car for you.
Maruti Swift ZXi is a nice offering from maruti who is well known for its After Sales Service(proven fact),
When it comes to Indian society, Maruti Swift will fetch you good resale value too .
Maruti Swift = Good After Sales Service, Good Resale Value, Popular car, Value For Money car , Good Fuel Efficiency
Honda Jazz = silent petrol engine, butter smooth gear shift, interior space and style , Honda's reliability
Its tough to decide between the two.
Test Drive both the cars, consider the factors such as after sales service , resale value, comfort etc and select the one that fits you the best.

Honda Jazz is definitely superior to Maruti swift or Hyundai i20 (overall). Inspite of this advantage, I would strongly recommend nkmdia123 not to go for honda. Its because of one simple, yet very important reason; absence of dealership/ service centre in Ajmer. Warranty period is the golden period which should be properly utilised by the customer. Even the minutest thing shouldn't be left unattended. By any chance, if the customer gets a problematic car, its the dealer who should bear the brunt, and not the customer. And for that the dealer should be well within your reach at all times. If nkm can handle it, he can go for Honda. Else enjoy driving a car which can be immediately attended to, in case of any malfunction. Thanks.

I had experienced the same dilemma, between Jazz, i20 and swift, but In the end I opted for Jazz as features are not the only criterion we should look for.

But if you just need a true luxury with features loaded at a competitive price, ( if not worried about the factors like make/Brand/Engine life/maintenance/power/mileage etc), then i-GEN i20 is leading.

The Jazz has got i-vtec with ultimate refinement, absolutely, the silent cabin when compared to that of other two. Even space & Boot is not a constraint for you, you can think of Brio i-vtec VMT also.

Swift is fine as per engine and dynamics, but will fail in the rear space/comfort/boot department which you may feel its required, at some point of time.

I had experienced the same dilemma, between Jazz, i20 and swift, but In the end I opted for Jazz as features are not the only criterion we should look for.

But if you just need a true luxury with features loaded at a competitive price, ( if not worried about the factors like make/Brand/Engine life/maintenance/power/mileage etc), then i-GEN i20 is leading.

The Jazz has got i-vtec with ultimate refinement, absolutely, the silent cabin when compared to that of other two. Even space & Boot is not a constraint for you, you can think of Brio i-vtec VMT also.

Swift is fine as per engine and dynamics, but will fail in the rear space/comfort/boot department which you may feel its required, at some point of time.
nkmdia123 says space & comfort, fuel economy low maintains cost and good after sales service are the primary requirements.
Swift and Jazz has got tough competition when we consider the above points.
Space = Honda Jazz(its a fact that space wise Jazz is miles ahead of Swift)
Comfort = According to me both Swift and Jazz are equally comfortable. Jazz tops when it comes to rear legroom. Front seats Swift may win the battle.
Fuel Efficiency= Both are equall
Maintenance Cost= Honda is unknown to me. But Maruti tops the list as we know the established fact that its easy on pocket to maintain a maruti vehicle .
After Sales Service= Its Maruti who wins. But it may vary with place as After Sales Sevice varies heavily from dealer to dealer.
Its too tough to make the choice between the two.

I am new in this forum and want to know the opinion of members regarding choice between New Maruti Swift 2011 ZXI and re launched face lifted Honda Jazz select 2011 my priorities are space & comfort, fuel economy and low maintains cost, good after sales service. I have visited show rooms of both the cars. Maruti & Honda’s quotations are below:
Jazz STD Jazz Select Swift ZXI
Ex- Showroom price 589000 613900 587646
Insurance 16422 17088 17790
RTO / Registration 33820 55457 34685
Logistics 4000 4000 3500
Road side Assistance 4000 4000 200
Extended Warrantee 5600 5600 2960
Total (On Road Price) 652842 700045 646779
My question is should I go for Maruti or Jazz and if jazz, then is it right to spend 50,000 extra for jazz select? (Difference between jazz STD and select are Alloy wheels/ reclining rear sets/ rear parcel tray and chrome garnish in front as well back)

I think the swift is much better, and maruti's vast service network and low maintainence makes all the difference

I am new in this forum and want to know the opinion of members regarding choice between New Maruti Swift 2011 ZXI and re launched face lifted Honda Jazz select 2011 my priorities are space & comfort, fuel economy and low maintains cost, good after sales service. I have visited show rooms of both the cars. Maruti & Honda’s quotations are below:
Jazz STD Jazz Select Swift ZXI
Ex- Showroom price 589000 613900 587646
Insurance 16422 17088 17790
RTO / Registration 33820 55457 34685
Logistics 4000 4000 3500
Road side Assistance 4000 4000 200
Extended Warrantee 5600 5600 2960
Total (On Road Price) 652842 700045 646779
My question is should I go for Maruti or Jazz and if jazz, then is it right to spend 50,000 extra for jazz select? (Difference between jazz STD and select are Alloy wheels/ reclining rear sets/ rear parcel tray and chrome garnish in front as well back)
Buddy, about the extra 50000 bucks, ask urself, how much extra in EMI u have to shell out..my guess is it will be somewhere around rs 500 then consider whether all the extra comfort is worth paying 500 extra per month..moreover, if u intend to keep the car for more than 7-8 years, then choose a car which is superior in quality...my take would be jazz since i have myself booked it recently, and after lot of research and test drives...i booked the top model since i intend to keep the car for atleast 10 years....[;)]

My God....buddy just look at all the responses!!!!! Shaks, 99% feel you should go for Jazz, that made me thought whether at all I should write on this thread at all.
As TSI Vipul says, service is an issue as the worshop is 150kms away, so think twice. Yes I will again give the same reply as 99% of the others- go for Jazz, as I own one. Well, one can always say I'm biased, but what the hell, we bought a Brio after we got hooked so much with the Jazz.....just imagine!
Yes i20 will give you loads of features & the latest dual variable valve timing Kappa engine, but you know what, somehow a Hyundai just doesn't match up to a Honda yet. I would like to stress on the word 'yet' because Honda had once officially said that they consider Hyundai as thier next closest rival worldwide.
So think about it, TD all 3 cars & decide for yourself.

(after all MS Swift sales wise is way ahead of both Jazz & i20 put together :) yet everyone in this thread says go for Jazz, doesn't that ring a bell somewhere?)

Top Bottom