Jawa Motorcycles Officially Debuts in India

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member

The pictures do reveal some interesting bits. For example, to keep the retro alive, the bike thankfully uses spoke type wheels, however, a front disc brake adds the cover of modern safety. Retro forks hold together, what looks like a metal front fender, above which, sits a round headlamp, which appears to be integrated within a panel that also holds the instrument cluster.

Read:

Re: Soon To Be Resurrected 2019 Jawa Caught Roaming Around In Camouflage

The pictures do reveal some interesting bits. For example, to keep the retro alive, the bike thankfully uses spoke type wheels, however, a front disc brake adds the cover of modern safety. Retro forks hold together, what looks like a metal front fender, above which, sits a round headlamp, which appears to be integrated within a panel that also holds the instrument cluster.

Read:
What a nostalgic find, except for the front disc brake, no kick leaver, and half chain cover, everything looks the same as the 70's/80's Jawa/Yazdi, including the twin barrel dholki/exhaust, hope they retain the same sound.

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Jawa 300 (Royal Enfield Classic 350 rival) motorcycle spied before launch

While we wait for Jawa Motorcycles to unveil its upcoming 300cc bike tomorrow in India, a pre-production test mule of the Jawa 300 Classic has been spied undergoing testing in Pune.

Jawa Motorcycles will commence bookings of its range of bikes from 15 November. The test mule seems to be of the Classic model, which was also spotted uncamouflaged during a promotional shoot. The company is likely to introduce up to four new motorcycles in India, which may include a Jawa Bobber and a Jawa Scrambler, apart from the Classic and a Cafe Racer.

Read:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Jawa Motorcycles & Mahindra and Mahindra have launched the Jawa & Jawa Forty Two Motorbikes today. The Jawa Forty Two is priced at Rs. 1.55 Lakh Ex-Showroom and Jawa Motorbike is priced at Rs. 1.64 Lakhs

DsBku_eU4AAB7Uu.jpg

DsBgOTkW4AEBGOQ.jpg

DsBj3SHU8AAcSCH.jpg

DsBhOA5UUAAUdmP.jpg

Pics Credit: Mr. Anand Mahindra and Jawa Motorcycles on Twitter.

Regards

Akash

A day too late is what I would say for Jawa. Though, they have got the pricing right here, I am sure RE has already taken a lot of its market with the 650 twins.

Also, its sad that they did not launch the Bobber/Parek. The Parek looks much better, has rear disc and a dual channel ABS. Displaying it and not launching it will only ensure slower sales for the 42 and the Jawa, as people would prefer to wait for the Bobber launch before going for one.

The looks are pretty good, and the pricing is okay, but I feel dual discs and dual channel ABS is more or less a norm in the segment now, with RE also adopting it in the RE Signals edition and the Himalayan.

Pardon my ignorance,

Arent Jawa and Continental in completely different segments? Twins would cost around 3L on road, where was Jawas may be around 2L on road.

There is lot of hue and cry over Jawa pricing, I think they have got it right. Need to check the spec of the motorcycles and what features they offer. Then we can see if they can be compared with Twins.

^^Vikyjoshi spot on, if Jawa get the original sound to even 50/60% people will buy, and get aftermarket exhaust.

I presume we should wait a couple of months for Jawa to settle down, before taking a call.

650 twins look promising, as a standalone unit, though a pruned down version compared to the export model.

A TD of both are a must to see what is what.

Regards
Vinod

Pardon my ignorance,

Arent Jawa and Continental in completely different segments? Twins would cost around 3L on road, where was Jawas may be around 2L on road.
While I agree that there is a price difference of 1 lakh on road, I would disagree that these bikes would not be having customers who would see these as competitors. For the Jawa, I don't see the millennials as the primary customer base. I feel that the brand would hardly be known by them, and the customer base would be around 30+ mostly.

What I have seen, is that for the shoppers in the 2 lakh segment, its more about the value for the money of a product than the exact budget. Many of my friends and I myself have gone for a purchase much higher than my budget and even segment, when I found better value for my money there. And I see people who stick to the budget more of an exception in the buyers in the segment than a norm.

When compared with the RE twins, for 1 lakh more, you get a twin cylinder 650cc engine , much better braking with dual discs and dual channel ABS, slipper clutch (not sure if the Jawa has it, but coudlnt find it mentioned anywhere) more established service backup of RE and better tyres.
Its not just the RE 650 twins that are a problem for the Jawa. For people who want the retro styling and safety, the RE Classic 350 Signals edition also comes with dual channel ABS, which is in the same price segment.

When I was in the market for a 200cc bike, I had the Duke 200 in mind. However, I went over my budget because the Duke 390 was giving me more value for money, especially for the dual channel ABS and metzlers. I know quite a few people who went for a Ninja over a Duke 390 overshooting their budget, as they like the smoothness of the dual cylinder engine. In fact, there are very few who did not get the bike they wanted due to budget constraints. I am not saying that the people in the segment do not care about the budget, but mostly buyers here are anyway not here for an economical bike. They want performance, safety and features. If they are getting that at a higher price, which still gives them good value they would surely pick it up.

While I agree that the pricing is very competitive, and they could not price it better, I feel that the rear disc and dual channel ABS should have been standard on the bike.

I was really excied about Jawa launch. Not because of its hereditary, but due to low seat height and riding position it offers. So I booked a Jawa 42 last month itself. For last two days I was following instagram and twitter to see the sneakpeak of any reviews. But after watching the reviews and walk around videos , I'm shocked.
Here are a few points that I found need to be highlighted

1. The Gold lines on the bike are stickers. Not sure how much they saved here.
2. Looks like the petrol tank can be accessed by simple turn and it requires no key.
3. The seats are not long distance friendly.
4. Horizontal placement of speedometer in Jawa makes it tough to read
5. And most important. Non availability of Production ready bikes for test rides (even for the media reviews).

If they were not gonna show production models, then why they didn't do media drive along with launch? Why did it take a month?

A fantastic retro classic heavy bike for short height people. Good to Ride. Few more refinement will make it a complete all rounder. I am 5'4" and as i am now 45 years therefore need a classic bike. My first bike was an Used YEZDI Classic 250 CL-II (Black) No: WNZ 5408 in the year 1992-1993, after that i rode first Indian-Japanese tie-Up IND-Suzuki AX100R (Blue)..for 12 Years from 1995 to 2007.. After that without a bike till now 2019. Yesterday I rode Jawa 42, comfortable retro riding posture, Liked it. Thinking.[;)]....... book one today 10.05.2019... 2 Lakhs [think].....mmmm.... .

Thread Starter #12

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Jawa Yezdi partners with State Bank of India to offer finance options

small_Jawa_Yezdi_Motorcycles_SBI_Finance_2022_12_20_T12_39_39_678_Z_f1e11bd536.jpg

Jawa Yezdi Motorcycles has announced an agreement with State Bank of India (SBI) to set up “a comprehensive financing ecosystem around its retail streams.” The partnership will offer easy financing options for Jawa Yezdi motorcycles and ensure a wide availability of funding and financing programs for the company’s channel partners as well as customers across India.

Press Release:
In a bid to set up a comprehensive financing ecosystem around its retail streams, Jawa Yezdi motorcycles has entered into an agreement with State Bank of India (SBI). This arrangement will ensure a wide availability of funding and financing programs for the company’s channel partners as well as customers across India.

Speaking on this tie-up with SBI, Ashish Singh Joshi, CEO – Jawa Yezdi Motorcycles said, “We are pleased to welcome State Bank of India as our empanelled finance partner. SBI is one of the largest financial institutions of the country with the most widespread coverage and this strategic association will grant our channel partners and customers access to a host of funding options which will in turn make our products and services more accessible to them.”

Jawa Yezdi Motorcycles currently has a network of more than 375 touchpoints across the country, and retails 7 models spread across the Jawa and Yezdi brands. The company has constantly been expanding its footprint across India and will continue to do so. This tie-up with SBI holds a particular significance for the ever-expanding family of the brand’s channel partners, offering them convenient financing options at their doorstep owing to SBI’s widespread network.

Top Bottom