Japanese vs Italian Auto Makers

Japanese or Italian

• Italian

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Japanese

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
Anyday Italian Cars for me.

Japanese cars makes sense after buying it.

But Italian cars grabs your senses even before buying it.

Thread Starter #19

AMG

Suspended
you can print thousands and millions of monalisa pictures on high tech japanese printers which would be dirt cheap but have you wondered the price of original master piece?.

same is the case of paintings from mf hussain,Picasso , raja ravi varma. just give a thought what makes them valuable or priceless.

diamond is nothing but a stone dug out from earth. how much is it worth for a human being in daily use?

"desirable-ness" comes from something divine or psychological part of human .

so called heart thingies generally overrides the head in exorbitant ways.

we have to pay the price if desire arise .

so desires are usually too much expensive!!!

japanese to italian cars would be somewhere 10000:1 respectively , but just look at commotion over it!!!! imho
That is what is known as a post straight from heart.[;)]

BTW, interesting debate out there.

Thread Starter #20

AMG

Suspended
Re: Japanese vs Italian Auto-makers

Just made up my mind and voted for the Italian.

BTW, interesting 8 votes each.

Hmmm i have missed this thread somehow! More than the Japanese and Italians , it has to be the Germans for me for the sheer driving pleasure and solid build quality.

Nah, i dont think so. No Jap cars win any beauty contest for me... it wont come anywhere near the Italians or the germans as far as looks, presence & elegance is concerned.

performance maybe better but thats not the only thing in a car, is it? Lambos & Maseratis appeal to your heart.
I quote Jeremy Clarkson:

"Remember the old (Lancia) HPE? Half estate, half sports coupe, and 100 per-cent drop dead gorgeous. So what if it fell apart after twenty minutes? They'd be twenty great minutes, twenty minutes you'd always remember."

I do not know whether I would be alive tomorrow or not. So please, let me love my life to the fullest while I am alive. Please give me an Italian car any day.

I love Japanese :D having a skyline is the best example ;)

much more affordable then Italians

I havent driven any ITALIAN car till date[frustration] including the Fiats here. Have driven quite a few Maruti's and ofcourse One lovely German breed car (VENTO).

Design, looks, style - Nothing else can impress me more than a Italian. Ex: The Enzo Ferrari still looks awesome to me despite being such an old design. Cant think of a better one.

Practicality, Budget, maintenance, reliability - Japanese - My own 800 is almost 16.5yrs old and still does manages to give me a decent mileage (with my kind of abusive driving) and also manages 110kmph easily on highways.

I doubt if Italian company cars will be this economic to maintain & run for daily use.

ALTHOUGH I FULLY AGREE, THEY ARE ANYDAY BETTER BUILT & SAFER THAN JAPS.

OT:
I read a thread in a different forum,

Ex: 1 where a Linea had met with an accident & the jelly stone truck (with load) was partially resting on it! Still all the occupants came out & were clicking pictures! Yes airbags deployed, pillars in that car are pretty strong.

Ex: 2
Palio Accident on Mumbai highway - no airbags, multiple flips, nose hitting ground 2 -3 times and finally driver gets out. I can hardly think of another car from similar price range Jap here in India, that could have saved that guy, under such brutal forces.

Ex: 3 Last one, Here in Bangalore, a Palio (green colour I think) messed up their timing at a railway crossing below Lingarajapuram & were hit by a train! dragged for some distance. I dono how they managed to get away with just bruises.

OH MY GOD, I AM GETTING THE FIAT FEVER [shock]

Last edited:

Ex:3 They were sheer lucky. No car, even a truck can face a locomotive.

Japanese or Italian? It depends on which segment I am looking at?

japs are very good about thair engines , Italians are very good for thair designs.

we need both 1st class, so i would go for Germans :)

just joking,
i would go with Italians because, i like to follow historic legends. (no doubt, honda is the one , but still, if Japanese design thair cars like Italians, it will be like buy one get one!!)

No Japs, no Italians. It is Germans for me all the way[:)].

But between Italian & Japs, lets be practical. I will opt for Japs. Why ? Coz italian a.s.s is pathetic (FIAT) & spares are problem. And no point in bringing in cars like Maserati or Lambo or Ferrari as most are not drivable. No point in having street presence if they can't be driven on streets.[lol]

I prefer cars which can be driven than just be parked.
BTW, I hate Lambo. Why ? Because there is very poor visibility in Lambo.

For India, my vote goes to Japs.

I drove a Palio Petrol (1.2 I guess) recently and was stunned by the quality of ride in that car. It was a ten year old car! the guy who owns it wants to sell it, the only reason - His family wants a new car [frustration].

Engine vibrations are nill! Not well maintained (a bit dirty from inside & outside), serviced regularly at a local garage. No parts issues till date. Hmmm Palio truly rocks :)

OT:
The gearshift could have been different, to engage the reverse gear we need to pull that ring thing below the gear knob and slot it into first gear. Nissan X-trail & Optra too have similar reverse gear function

I drove a Palio Petrol (1.2 I guess) recently and was stunned by the quality of ride in that car. It was a ten year old car! the guy who owns it wants to sell it, the only reason - His family wants a new car [frustration].

Engine vibrations are nill! Not well maintained (a bit dirty from inside & outside), serviced regularly at a local garage. No parts issues till date. Hmmm Palio truly rocks :)

OT:
The gearshift could have been different, to engage the reverse gear we need to pull that ring thing below the gear knob and slot it into first gear. Nissan X-trail & Optra too have similar reverse gear function
That ring is in Cielo too for reverse
VW vans Ive driven its otherway
you have to press it down to be able to engage reverse .

Alfas have + N - gears ( trip tronic ) etc etc

Everyone has different views

Italian cars are expensive to maintain.

For example:
O2 sensor of a Skyline (japanese car) costs 180 Dollars
O2 sensor of a BMW costsabout 500 dollars odd

Speed-France(Bugatti&Renault)Luxury-British(Rolls-Royce,Bentley)Performance-Italy(Ferrari,Pagani,Lambo,Maserati)Luxury cum Sport-Germany(BMW:-*,Audi,Mercedes)Best Bargain Supercar-Japan(GT-R)

Top Bottom