Maruti Suzuki January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen January 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Last edited:
Inspite of excise duty cuts, Indian automobile industry has done quite well. The OEM with sloppy sales last month is still the same story for them. The ones with colourful numbers are still increasing their sales margin.
The Indian manufacturer Tata has to do something definitely right to get back into the game. Nothing is going right for them(inspite of zest and bolt!!)
Mahindra showed again that its the king of SUV's here. Bolero, scorpio and XUV500 selling like hot cakes.
Its been chinese new year for the japnese and koren OEM's.
Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Toyota and Honda in a, league of its own. And the bulk of upcoming new car launches and facelift is from these OEM's. So they are on a roll.
The European car OEM's have lost the midas touch completely in Indian market( for there poor A. S. S and pricey spare parts and negative brand image) their foes continue as ever.
Fiat still exists here inspite of poor sales margin (wonder how??) sad story for a very 'well built' cars.
The American OEM's are just in downhill from here. Nothing is clicking for ford other than ecosport and chevrolet is struck in quick sand. New fiesta didnt create any stir in growth and they are launching the new endeavour forever. Their only ray of hope to survive here is to change marketing strategy and launch new cars.
Intresting jan 15 sales. Lets hope a better budget for automotive industry and sales flourish.

Nice to see 137 Santa-Fe sold. Don't know what affected Zest sales, may be its a Bolt impact.

The sales of the Marutis seem to be on autopilot while hyundai also has mostly successful products. Mahindra have profitable Bolero and XUV apart from which nothing to write home about;Honda steady with few products while Tata apart from Zest and Bolt have a large line up of flopping and barely break even sales. Toyota-steady sales on a few products.
All this with no change over months leads to a loss of excitement.
All manufacturers are promising plenty of all new models over the next 12-18 months-somehow i dont think they are going to make a splash.

Gaining trust perhaps is going to take Tata more time than all us TAI fans want?
A pessimist would say that a Vista with a slightly bigger boot (Zest) and slightly smaller one (Bolt) however well packaged and advertised are still at heart a Vista...my two paisa theory.

It has been good month for car manufacturers. In spite of excise duty increase a moderate increase in sales has been reported.

Maruti is leading the way followed by Hyundai. But I think 2014 belongs to Honda with its growth story and turn around they made in the market. People are ready to accept VFM products even if some drawbacks are reported. Amaze and City sales proves this point. But Honda has gone wrong with its Mobilio pricing strategy. The numbers represent this mistake. Hope they learn from it and follow better pricing strategy for Jazz.

Toyota seems to be at a loss. Fortuner, Innova and Altis are selling but Etios twins are languishing. Heard they are planning to bring in Vios to India. If only they would have thought about this instead of Etios, it would have been great. Not sure whether it is too late for them to pitch in with Vios.

It is really disappointing to see Zest numbers. Hope it improves in the coming months.

Last edited:
Good Month again for Indian Auto Industry. Here's my brief take on each Manufacturer.
CHEVROLET - This GM owned brand has to be the most affected and least smiling brand in India. With as many as 8 products across segments, none of them have been able to establish good sales figures. The Beat is the only one selling well(16xx units) but one time it used to sell 5-6k/ month. The Cruze & Captiva are global products and are at the premium end and thier numbers are less compared to rivals. The Sail twins are the major disappointments as they don't have anything going for them. The way forward is to replace those with Sonic Twins which are much contemporary in look & feel.
FIAT - Again many enthusiasts like their products but the sales numbers are very low. Despite being well engineered, built there are hardly any takers. All new Punto & Linea are the way forward if Fiat wants any volumes. Variant updates, facelifts will not do Fiat.
FORD - Ford is posting loss every month and the lack of products and marketing is to blamed. Figo & Classic feel outdated and will be replaced soon by new gen versions. New Fiesta hardly sells despite being a very good car in all areas. Again lack of Marketing & Interest from dealers the major reason for its downslide. Ecosport is the lone seller and would have been nice if Ford had concentrated more on domestic sales rather then exporting which let to high waiting period which ultimately putt-off many buyers. Endeavour is showing its age and I cannot believe that the 12 year old product is still on sale. Good thing is that new Figo Twins & Endeavour will bring the sales momentum.
HONDA - Excellent month for Honda and they are fighting for 3rd spot with Mahindra. City being the king of segment and for Honda as well. That Efficient & Practical Diesel engine and Explosive & Fast Petrol engine are the major USPs along with good styling and equipment. It ticks every boxes that the consumer wants in this price range song with Premium badge. Expect it be the leader in coming months too. The Amaze again does good numbers. Mobilio Pricing is putting prospective customers off IMO. CRV numbers are ok since its a petrol. Once Jazz is launched I expect Honda to be No.3.
HYUNDAI - The Car of the Year 'i20' doing very well along with Grand i10. Features and good looks the reason to attract buyers. Verna is expected to sell more once facelift arrives. Elantra has lost its numbers compared to earlier months, Corolla Effect ?. Sonata dismal numbers has made Hyundai to discontinue it. Eon is doing well and Santa Fe is doing well for its price. 37 lakh for 4WD AT in Karnataka is too much IMO but still people tend to put money for it because it looks attractive & feature packed, looks premium compared to Fortuner.
MAHINDRA - Fighting for 3rd spot with majority of sales coming for Bolero, Scorpio. XUV500 doing 2.5-3k despite having competition from MPVs like Innova and Compact SUVs like Duster & Terrano. Verito, Vibe, Xylo, Quanto, can be called flops. Not so good design might well be the reason for thier low sales. Mahindra should better discontinue them or redesign them completely.
MARUTI - Market Leader & Peoples Choice has excellent month after month. Led by strong sales from Top 4 highest selling cars (Alto, Swift, Dzire, WagonR) expect them to hold those positions forever. Good numbers from other cars like Celerio, Ciaz, Omni, Ertiga. Expect the numbers to rise further with updates/facelift etc.
MITSUBISHI - With a lone product 'Pajero Sport' it wouldn't be thinking of high numbers. Only way forward is to introduce a Hatch, Sedan, Premium Sedan, and bring in some of thier well known SUVs(Outlander, Montero). More products will surely give higher numbers then the 200 odd it sells today.
NISSAN - Apart from Terrano, rest of the cars are not selling. Sunny is competent but don't know why it isn't selling. Same with Micra which is priced well, has torquey diesel engine and efficient CVT gearbox and is packed with features. They should bring thier SUVs (Juke, Qashqai, XTrail) to compete in the hot selling segment in India.
RENAULT - Same story here too , Apart from Duster rest of them seem to be just present for product showcasing. Fluence has lost to its rivals since it was launched. Scala & Pulse remain dud and 0 units of Pulse despite offers surprises me whether Renault have decided to discontinue it.
SKODA - Despite having excellent products, thier car sales are nothing to smile about. Rapid is the lone contributor but it manages around 1k/ month which is less then its rivals Ciaz, City, Verna. Octavia waiting might put buyers off, Skoda hasn't been able to solve the problem since its launch in Late 2013. Superb is going Exceptionally well and lack of rivals might be the reason. Yeti would have sold more if they had prices it around 15-16 lakhs. But 25 lakh is too much. Not much is expected from them in the next 2-3 years. TATA - Again not much from them apart from Zest & Bolt. Nano isn't selling to thier expectation. Rumours are floating that it might be shelved if sales dont improve and i don't think it'll improve even if they launch Facelift/AMT/Diesel. The Rest of the cars sales are dismal to say the least. I am bit sceptical about Zest numbers. Why isn't it always hovering around 2.5-3k when its in good demand ? Lets hope Bolt does good numbers say around 5-6k in coming months.
TOYOTA - Thier most expensive offering (Innova, Fortuner, Corolla) are selling very well while Etios twins are hardly moving. Majority of sales are from fleet owners. Camry is doing reasonably well but diesel heart will make it still better. Toyota should bring Vios Sedan & Hatch and should position it above Etios Twins and compete with Verna & i20.
VOLKSWAGEN - Seems like thier plan has gone completely wrong. With such a huge plant the number of cars they sell is very low. Just Polo & Vento won't do it. They need to act quickly and bring Compact Sedan, SUV and bring more products that are feasible. Lets wait and watch thier strategy.

Last edited:
Honda Feb 2015 numbers below. City is still maintaining No.1 Position in its segment but Mobilio is getting the treatment it deserves :-) purely because of over confidant pricing.
Model wise sales break-up for February 2015:

• Brio - 1,397
  • Amaze - 7,163
  • City - 6,505
  • Mobilio - 1,697
  • CR-V - 140
  • Domestic Total - 16,902
  • Exports - 1,119
  • Grand Total - 18,021
Honda Cars India registers 16% growth in domestic sales in February 2015

Honda Feb 2015 numbers below. City is still maintaining No.1 Position in its segment but Mobilio is getting the treatment it deserves :-) purely because of over confidant pricing.
Model wise sales break-up for February 2015:

• Brio - 1,397
  • Amaze - 7,163
  • City - 6,505
  • Mobilio - 1,697
  • CR-V - 140
  • Domestic Total - 16,902
  • Exports - 1,119
  • Grand Total - 18,021
So, Amaze has outsold City to become Honda's best seller for Feb. How much ever the members of some internet forums detest Amaze for its low quality and no features, it has been selling pretty well most of the months. Xcent made a mild dent in Amaze's sales for a couple of months and unfortunately Zest has not been able to make any. Public has absolutely loved the Amaze for sure.

City's 6505 is pretty consistent over the whole last year and has out-sold Ciaz once again. Some might consider City over-priced and low on quality, but Ciaz seems to have made not much dent into it. Majorly what Ciaz managed was to kill Verna completely and take mayb 800-1000 units from City at max. The premium brand of Honda and the image City has got seems to be above all.

Over-priced Mobilio is deservingly lagging behind Ertiga in sales. Slowly the numbers are coming down and I guess for the first time gone below 2k.

Among the 1119 exports, I am pretty sure Jazz should be around 80%.

Over-priced Mobilio is deservingly lagging behind Ertiga in sales. Slowly the numbers are coming down and I guess for the first time gone below 2k.

Among the 1119 exports, I am pretty sure Jazz should be around 80%.
[clap] Well deserved.. still am surprised to see how mobilio clocking 1000+. I hope Ertiga improves further, and pull down the sales of low quality mobilio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom