Jaguar Officially Unveils I-Pace Concept Electric SUV

Accolades are all good. But what TML need is sales from this model. Its production is outsourced to Magna Steyr, Austria. Not sure about the production capacity and its sales. Recently read that 712 odd units sold in September.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV scores 5 star safety rating in crash test

E-Pace and F-Pace have already acquired five-star Euro NCAP ratings. For Jaguar, I-Pace is the tenth consecutive car to be awarded five stars.

New Jaguar I-Pace scored 91 percent safety for adult occupant protection, and 81 percent for child occupant protection, and safety assist. Maximum points were secured for side barrier impact, and severe side pole test. Protection of all critical body areas was good.

Read:

Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV scores 5 star safety rating in crash test

E-Pace and F-Pace have already acquired five-star Euro NCAP ratings. For Jaguar, I-Pace is the tenth consecutive car to be awarded five stars.

New Jaguar I-Pace scored 91 percent safety for adult occupant protection, and 81 percent for child occupant protection, and safety assist. Maximum points were secured for side barrier impact, and severe side pole test. Protection of all critical body areas was good.

Read:
As expected.
IMG_20181205_203150.jpg

Thread Starter #19

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Official Press Release
FIVE-STAR EURO NCAP FOR JAGUAR’S ELECTRIC I-PACE
Jag_I-PACE_Caesium_Blue_Euro_NCAP_Five_Stars_051218.jpg

Jaguar’s all-electric I-PACE earns five-star Euro NCAP safety rating
Five-seat performance SUV achieves high scores in all main safety categories
All three members of Jaguar’s PACE SUV family have the maximum five-star Euro NCAP rating
I-PACE is tenth consecutive vehicle produced by Jaguar Land Rover to receive five stars
Lightweight aluminium body and integrated battery pack deliver exceptional structural stiffness for maximum occupant protection

5 December 2018, Whitley, UK:
The all-electric Jaguar I-PACE has achieved a five-star Euro NCAP safety rating, confirming it as one of the safest vehicles on the road.

Jaguar’s first electric performance SUV scored 91% for adult occupant protection, 81% for child occupant protection and 81% for safety assist. I-PACE scored maximum points for both the side barrier impact and the more severe side pole test, with good protection of all critical body areas.

This latest result means all three members of Jaguar’s PACE SUV family, E-PACE, F-PACE and I-PACE, have the maximum five-star Euro NCAP rating, demonstrating Jaguar’s commitment to engineering some of the safest family cars. I-PACE is the tenth consecutive model from Britain’s biggest vehicle manufacturer to receive five stars.

Simon Black, Senior Project Leader, Body Engineering Jaguar Land Rover said: The Jaguar I-PACE has already received awards for its design, performance and handling. This latest award from Euro NCAP confirms the I-PACE’s exceptional safety standards. The SUV has been expertly engineered with a lightweight aluminium body structure and integrated battery pack to provide outstanding crash protection for occupants. Safety is our biggest priority and it is fantastic to see the Euro NCAP results reflect this.”

The I-PACE’s lightweight aluminium body structure delivers inherently high levels of stiffness, and when combined with the integral battery pack – protected by a structural aluminium frame – delivers the highest torsional rigidity of any Jaguar yet, at 36kNm per degree.

Highlights of the body design include industry-first use of aluminium forgings, and Jaguar-first applications of post-form heat treatment to increase the strength of the aluminium alloys used in crash-critical areas.

I-PACE, also features advanced safety technologies to protect road users and pedestrians. Technologies include a deployable bonnet and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection. Jaguar also designed a unique Audible Vehicle Alert System (AVAS) for its first electric vehicle that warns road users when the vehicle is approaching. The sound can be heard at speeds up to 20km/h and exceeds the 56dB(A) minimum required by forthcoming European legislation. The system was tested in conjunction with members of Guide Dogs for the Blind, the UK’s leading charity for people affected by sight loss.

In addition to safety technologies, the performance SUV offers a full suite of advanced driver assistance systems including Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, Blind Spot Assist, and 360° Parking Aid.

Full test results can be found on the Euro NCAP website here: http://www.euroncap.com
Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #20

Akash1886

Honoured Member
ELECTRIC JAGUAR I-PACE VOTED NORWAY’S CAR OF THE YEAR
Jaguar I-PACE - First Edition - NCOTY.JPG

Jaguar’s all-electric I-PACE is Norway’s 2019 Car of the Year
Eight expert journalists chose Jaguar’s electric performance SUV above eight competitors
Jurors praised I-PACE for its driving dynamics, range, and premium feel
I-PACE now has over 30 awards globally, including German Car of the Year and BBC TopGear Magazine EV of the Year

Friday 7 December 2018, Whitley, UK –
Today the all-electric Jaguar I-PACE has been awarded Norwegian Car of the Year 2019. Eight expert jurors voted for Jaguar’s first electric vehicle (EV) against eight other finalists, including the Volvo V60, Nissan Leaf and Ford Focus.

The jury, which included a racing driver and industrial designer as well as automotive journalists, evaluated all aspects of each vehicle’s performance, and loved I-PACE’s driving dynamics, range and premium feel. Seven of the eight voted the I-PACE as the winner.

Espen Stensrud, lead juror for Norway Car of the Year, said: “Jaguar deserves a lot of respect for its debut electric vehicle. The I-PACE sets the standard for premium feel and quality, while ride, handling, range and design are its greatest strengths. I’ve driven a lot of electric vehicles, and this is the one I’ve enjoyed the most. It’s been a long time since our final decision on Norway Car of the Year was so clear.”

The British EV has had a profound impact in the Norwegian market, more than doubling Jaguar sales there in the last six months. Norway is one of the most developed markets for electrified vehicles in the world: there are more than 178 500 EVs on the road already, and they account for 29 % of the vehicles sold in the country this year so far – add in hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and that figure reaches 60 %*.

Nick Rogers, Jaguar Land Rover's Executive Director for Product Engineering, said “The Jaguar I-PACE is our first all-electric vehicle, so winning Car of the Year in the world’s most competitive electric vehicle market is a brilliant achievement. It is testament to the hard work of our pioneering engineers and designers, and something we’re all extremely proud of.”

The I-PACE has now received over 30 awards globally since its 01 March reveal, including German Car of the Year, BBC TopGear Magazine EV of the Year and China Green Car of the Year.
Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Jaguar I-Pace India Launch Details Out

jaguar-i-pace-review_625x300_1528195332346.jpg

Jaguar is all set to launch its all electric vehicle the I-Pace in India and it will come here by the end of 2020. While Jaguar Land Rover had earlier stated that the I-Pace will not come to India, the company has now chalked out a plan for its hybrid electric and all electric cars for the country. It was in March last year, that the company revealed the I-Pace and according to the company, it has been developed using physics. The company has taken 4 years to build the car from the concept stage to the production version. Unlike other Jaguar cars, this one does not get a long bonnet and that's because there is no internal combustion engine. In fact, the shorter bonnet helps in improving aerodynamics.

voptu9vc_jaguar-i-pace-scores-5-stars-in-euro-ncap_625x300_05_December_18.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2021 Jaguar I-Pace Gets Updated Technology, Charging Capabilities

jag-i-pace-21my-exterior-indus-silver-02-06-20-006-1592933504.jpg?crop=0.643xw:0.645xh;0.138xw,0.jpg

• The 2021 Jaguar I-Pace gets new software for its infotainment system that, according to Jaguar, is more intuitive and allows drivers to find available chargers more easily.
  • The onboard charger for the I-Pace was upgraded from 7 to 11 kW, which will allow faster overnight home charging from an AC wallbox.
  • It is not yet clear when the 2021 I-Pace will make it to the U.S. market and for what price.
Now just a couple of years after the Jaguar I-Pace was introduced, the brand's sole EV sees modest updates to the infotainment system and better charging capabilities for 2021, as well as the addition of a new color and trim package.

The infotainment system will be equipped with a new software system, dubbed Pivi Pro, which is already seen on the company's Land Rover Defender. The automaker says that the system was inspired by the intuitive nature of smartphones, so, for instance, it reduces the number of steps needed to access the navigation system. The updated software also helps drivers locate chargers while out on the road.

Read:

350Z

Core Team
Jaguar i-Pace has managed to climb one of the highest paved roads in U.K, Great Dun Fell, on a single charge. Sharing more details below.

Jaguar-I-Pace- Great Dun Fell-1.jpg

Jaguar-I-Pace- Great Dun Fell-2.jpg

Jaguar-I-Pace- Great Dun Fell-3.jpg

Jaguar-I-Pace- Great Dun Fell-4.jpg

Press Release:
The Jaguar I-PACE shrugged off the steep inclines, twisting tarmac and near freezing temperatures of the UK’s highest paved road to successfully ‘Everest’ at Great Dun Fell, in Cumbria, on a single charge of its 90kWh battery. The award-winning all-electric performance SUV model was driven by Olympic and World champion cyclist, Elinor Barker MBE.

The concept of Everesting is simple, yet extreme: complete a series of runs up an incline until achieving an elevation gain of 8 848 m – equal to an ascent of Mount Everest – and the popularity of this endurance challenge boomed among cyclists during the pandemic*.

Known by cyclists as ‘Britain’s Mont Ventoux’ – a reference to the daunting Alpine mountain stage in the Tour de France – Great Dun Fell is home to the highest surfaced road in the UK. The narrow ribbon of asphalt is defined by a series of sweeping bends and gradients of up to 20 per cent as it climbs 547 m from the start point used for the challenge to a peak of 848 m. Elinor completed 16.2 repeats of the 5.8 km climb (11.6 km loop in total) using the I-PACE’s regenerative braking technology to generate approximately 60 per cent*** of additional available energy over the total 16 descents.

Having covered 199.6 km in total, including a 12.9 km drive to the start point on the fell, the I-PACE completed its energy intensive challenge with 31 per cent battery charge remaining – enough to drive for up to 128.7 km more.

Key to the efficient completion of the Everesting challenge was the I-PACE’s regenerative braking system. Developed using technology from Jaguar Racing’s Formula E programme, ‘regen’ is a critical enabler for success on the track. In an average race the I-TYPE 5 generates around 30 per cent*** of additional energy from regen, without it the car simply wouldn’t make it to the chequered flag.

Elinor Barker, MBE, said: “I watched with fascination as cyclists took up the Everesting challenge during lock down – even as a professional rider, it’s a daunting feat of endurance, so I was happy to do it behind the wheel of the all-electric Jaguar I-PACE. When I found out that Jaguar Racing drivers typically need to regenerate 30 per cent of their I-TYPE's battery capacity in a Formula E race, as a competitor I naturally wanted to beat that figure! I’m delighted to have smashed that target – all while enjoying the comfort, silent power delivery and single-pedal driving of the I-PACE.”

Elinor was supported throughout the drive by members of the Jaguar Racing and I-PACE engineering teams, on hand to monitor the vehicle’s performance.

Jack Lambert, Jaguar Racing Engineer, said: “The advanced regenerative braking system developed for the I-PACE is a defining feature of the driving experience. Lessons learned through our Formula E programme on the track ensure I-PACE customers enjoy benefits on the road in terms of optimised range. The regenerative braking also provides up to 0.4g of deceleration so Elinor would only have been using the conventional friction brakes at two or three points on each run.”

In preparation for the challenge, the I-PACE was preconditioned using the Jaguar Remote App. While the vehicle is plugged in, preconditioning automatically heats or cools the battery to reach its ideal operating temperature and establishes the desired cabin temperature –using mains power. Using the grid to do this instead of drawing current from the vehicle battery optimises the driving range – especially in cold weather.

Another feature which enhances the I-PACE’s efficiency is Smart Climate, which uses the seatbelt sensors to determine how many occupants are travelling inside, and only heating or cooling the relevant areas of the cabin, maintaining comfort while minimising energy use.

* Data from Strava shows 600 per cent more successful Everesting rides were uploaded in June 2020 compared to the same period in 2019

*** Percentages are expressed as a share of the battery’s useable energy storage capacity
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom