IMG_3338.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32
more pictures

Front bottle holder and also note USD and charging port above the bottle holder

IMG_3336.JPG

Bottle holder for back side passengers

IMG_3337.JPG

The boot and fuel tank opener at same place. Need time to get used to it[frustration].

IMG_3301.JPG [/b]

MIB

Nice pics !! looking at that front bottle holder pic, I remember something. We have a New ford fiesta in our office where my friend us it. See it has costed some 13L a Titanium model and the charging point cap is not like the one shown here. all the Maruti cars and hopefully others also like this, when you remove the cap, the plastic joint holds it there, but in New ford fiesta, the cap comes in to our hands fully detached and by mistake my friend removed it and kept it some where and was searching whole day where he kept it[frustration]

It is really silly mistake by Ford in such a costly car, I do not know what is there in Figo and fiesta classic[clap]

Thread Starter #34
Air conditioning:

The air conditioning is very effective as it chills the car at set temperature within 10 mins. But need to see how it works when outside temperature is high at hot summer.

Celebration edition seat fabric

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

Lot of leg room even after driver seat all the way back. I am seating there and I am almost 6 feet tall.

IMG_3296.JPG

Look at the size of boot. It can easily carry whatever you want

IMG_3341.JPG

Thread Starter #35
Engine Responsiveness:

Engine is very peppy. There is slight turbo lag below 1500 rpm. But when car goes to 1500 rpm and whatever load it has the power gush is felt and car goes like rocket. Especially at 3rd and 4th gear the car is like wild bull. The 4th gear is a boon for this car and it can take off the car from 25 km/hr to 80 km/hr speed in just 12.0-13.0 seconds which is second highest timing after Vento leaving behind all other so call powerful cars of this segment. The power output at 4th gear is very useful while overtaking and relax driving. You can easily surprise vehicles coming behind you. It happened many times for me. While overtaking the vehicles behind me feel that they can catch me. But soon as I get space for overtaking my car disappears from there sight. The power delivery is very linear.

Braking:

The breaking of this car it best among all car available in this segment. The SX4 has set bench mark of breaking distance of 21.47 meters (80 km/hr-0Km/hr speed). The record itself speaks that when there is matter of life and death you are in the safest car.

Check out this link:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5607-my-beautiful-beast-punto-mjd-1-3-8-months-15-500-km-still-smiling-10.html

Dharmesh says, “But there are things to learn from this incident.
1. Wear seat belts
2. Good brakes a necessity in today's car.
3. air bags a necessity in today's car.”

The breaking distance is superb and class leading in the SX4[clap].

Handling:

Handling is very nice till 120 km/hr speed and I have not tested handling beyond that speed till today as I stay in hilly areas. But when you are on Ghat section there you can throw the car around corner no issues with it. When climbing the ghat on open road I can drive the car on 4th gear easily at speed of 60+ but then there is crawling trucks in front of me then I have to come down to 3rd gear and which is sufficient at full load.

Fuel Efficiency:

I got overall 17.2 Km/liter fuel efficiency before first service. I have not checked it after service.

More Pictures

Left side tail lamp cluster

IMG_3342.JPG

Right side tail lamp cluster

IMG_3343.JPG

Rare Glass mounted antenna. Just look at the amount of light comes inside the car.

IMG_3344.JPG

Right Eye of the Man

IMG_3345.JPG

More light inside the car cabin

IMG_3346.JPG

Engine Responsiveness:

Engine is very peppy. There is slight turbo lag below 1500 rpm. But when car goes to 1500 rpm and whatever load it has the power gush is felt and car goes like rocket. Especially at 3rd and 4th gear the car is like wild bull. The 4th gear is a boon for this car and it can take off the car from 25 km/hr to 80 km/hr speed in just 12.0-13.0 seconds which is second highest timing after Vento leaving behind all other so call powerful cars of this segment. The power output at 4th gear is very useful while overtaking and relax driving. You can easily surprise vehicles coming behind you. It happened many times for me. While overtaking the vehicles behind me feel that they can catch me. But soon as I get space for overtaking my car disappears from there sight. The power delivery is very linear.

Braking:

The breaking of this car it best among all car available in this segment. The SX4 has set bench mark of breaking distance of 21.47 meters (80 km/hr-0Km/hr speed). The record itself speaks that when there is matter of life and death you are in the safest car.

Check out this link:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/5607-my-beautiful-beast-punto-mjd-1-3-8-months-15-500-km-still-smiling-10.html

Dharmesh says, “But there are things to learn from this incident.
1. Wear seat belts
2. Good brakes a necessity in today's car.
3. air bags a necessity in today's car.”

The breaking distance is superb and class leading in the SX4[clap].

Handling:

Handling is very nice till 120 km/hr speed and I have not tested handling beyond that speed till today as I stay in hilly areas. But when you are on Ghat section there you can throw the car around corner no issues with it. When climbing the ghat on open road I can drive the car on 4th gear easily at speed of 60+ but then there is crawling trucks in front of me then I have to come down to 3rd gear and which is sufficient at full load.

Fuel Efficiency:

I got overall 17.2 Km/liter fuel efficiency before first service. I have not checked it after service.

More Pictures

Left side tail lamp cluster

View attachment 63273

Right side tail lamp cluster

View attachment 63274

Rare Glass mounted antenna. Just look at the amount of light comes inside the car.

View attachment 63305

Right Eye of the Man

View attachment 63276

More light inside the car cabin

View attachment 63277
Yes, your absolutely right about the breaks and Dharmesh was very much true, because after reading his incident I have come to know the importance of ABS atleast. Yes I did the TD of the Swift Top end and was so impressive but was down with its price[cry]

Thread Starter #37
First Service (after 1000 Kms.):

The first service was free of cost but I have paid the charges of Engine oil replacement i.e Rs. 3045/-

The service experience was not good and hence I will do next servicing with some other authorized service center. We Maruti owners always have option.

Guys thus ends my ownership experience till date. I will try to update the thread as I get more and more on the road.

Thanks to all for comments and I am here to share all my experience with SX4.[:)]

Below are the pictures taken in the night.

Player with AC controller

IMG_3356.JPG

Speedometer, RPM meter and fuel meter

IMG_3371.JPG

AC controller close up

IMG_3373.JPG

nice pics man[clap]
i love that speedometer in day and night light also.
i went to maruti showroom and saw the SX4.
i liked its ground clearance and space.
but i didnt testdrive. saw the celebration edition.

Very nice detailed report from you .Congratulations .
You indeed got yourself a nice , practical no - nonsense sedan . Enjoy your time with her and do update us with your report as you discover the car more and more .

Thread Starter #40
nice pics man[clap]
i love that speedometer in day and night light also.
i went to maruti showroom and saw the SX4.
i liked its ground clearance and space.
but i didnt testdrive. saw the celebration edition.
Are you planning to get new car?

Thread Starter #42
Very nice detailed report from you .Congratulations .
You indeed got yourself a nice , practical no - nonsense sedan . Enjoy your time with her and do update us with your report as you discover the car more and more .
Thank you Raja,

I am enjoying every bit of its ride.[glasses]

Manisback.awesome write up .enjoyed each and and every word you had put in here . The theft of Verna and turtle linea made me laugh and roll on the floor that was hilarious.
From your taste I could very much realize you are very sensible man and bought and sensible car.
My best wishes for your joyride and happy mile munching
cheers

Thread Starter #44
Manisback.awesome write up .enjoyed each and and every word you had put in here . The theft of Verna and turtle linea made me laugh and roll on the floor that was hilarious.
From your taste I could very much realize you are very sensible man and bought and sensible car.
My best wishes for your joyride and happy mile munching
cheers
Thank you very much jayadev, I will keep updating about my SX4 [drive]

Thread Starter #45
QUICK UPDATE:

Recently I driven the car on very stiff road with full load. The car could manage to climb without any issues on second/third gear.

ODO shows more than 3000 kms in two months.

Photo0138.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MY CAR COMPARED TO FORD IKON AND OPEL CORSA[lol]

Photo0146.jpg

DETAILED UPDATES AFTER CROSSING 5000 KMS AND SECOND SERVICE.[:D]

Last edited:

Top Bottom