It's Time for SX4 Diesel Celebration - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #17
Thank you all for your comments

Now Bringing it home:-

I got a various quotes from dealers from different cities. Best quote as follows:

Ex. Showroom Price:- Rs. 9,14,157/-
Insurance:- Rs. 22,751/-
RTO:- Rs. 1,02952/-
Extended warranty (2 years):-Rs. 7079/-
Antirust:- Rs. 3500/-
Total on road price:- Rs.10,49,539/- (Rs. 6000 to 7000 difference between Zdi and this model)
Discount:- Rs. 40,000/-
Resale value of 2 and half year old Alto Car- Rs. 2,10,000/-
Freebies- Antirust, Foot mats
Lamination:- Rs. 1500/- (Advise to all : Kindly do the lamination from experts only)

Lamination done in my car was not good I had to send car once again to do it properly. Thanks to God no damage was done.

Now effectively I got new diesel car for Rs. 8,000,00/- . Thus met my original budget and also got car of my liking[clap]. There were no options of colors for celebration model as it comes in aqua white only.

IMG_3273-Optimized.jpg

IMG_3271-Optimized.jpg

IMG_3274-Optimized.jpg

Now the Odo shows more than 1800 Kms I will update experience soon.

IMG_3244-Optimized.jpg

Congrats for your sx4 buddy. Though technically you bought a fiat sedici manufactured by maruti suzuki [;)]
Technically it is still Suzuki SX4. Fiat Sedici (Read: SX4's EU avatar) is available only in a handful of EU nations, elsewhere around the world it is marketed by Suzuki as SX4 or Baleno. The latter is majorly found in Asian countries along with US and Canada.

Sticking to the topic, many congratulations for acquiring one of the sensible yet boring to look at car in the market, not that its not one of my favorites. Also, I feel this "CELEBRATION" model is to celebrate the farewell of the current model to sell the stocks and later bring in a maybe facelifted edition.

@MIB

The body graphics are really good !! but seriously I think that SX4 seriously need a real face-lift and not a cosmetic one like Ritz !!. It is really a capable superb car, but lacks in bit high pricing and looks are boring[:)]

Thread Starter #20
@MIB

The body graphics are really good !! but seriously I think that SX4 seriously need a real face-lift and not a cosmetic one like Ritz !!. It is really a capable superb car, but lacks in bit high pricing and looks are boring[:)]
About Looks its subjective matter of everyones test. I really liked verna's looks but as everyone knows the issues with that cars handling, suspensions and ground clearance and ASS of Hyundai [frustration]. Apart from verna only car which has better looks than SX4 is a Linea. I feel better to chose a good car with driving pleasure and buy peace of mind[glasses]. Instead of going for fancy cars with headache.

In case of SX4 as per discussion I had with dealer maruti is not planning for any facelift like Linea but they are going to bring SX4 with absolute killer package of 1.6 lit. diesel engine to blow away Skoda,VW and Hyundai cars from market. But this is not going to happen soon. It may take more than 2 years for them.

Congrats :) SX4 is really a good Car.. [:)]

Can you post some pictures of Lamination ? When I inquired for lamination people are saying cost is @ 3500/-. You have done it in 1500/- its really cool.. [:)]

About Looks its subjective matter of everyones test. I really liked verna's looks but as everyone knows the issues with that cars handling, suspensions and ground clearance and ASS of Hyundai [frustration]. Apart from verna only car which has better looks than SX4 is a Linea. I feel better to chose a good car with driving pleasure and buy peace of mind[glasses]. Instead of going for fancy cars with headache.

In case of SX4 as per discussion I had with dealer maruti is not planning for any facelift like Linea but they are going to bring SX4 with absolute killer package of 1.6 lit. diesel engine to blow away Skoda,VW and Hyundai cars from market. But this is not going to happen soon. It may take more than 2 years for them.
+100, I agree with you on this. This is the reason I have chosen Ritz last year though it is not too great in looks, but for piece of mind and bit of driving pleasure if it offers !![:)]

Thread Starter #23
Congrats :) SX4 is really a good Car.. [:)]

Can you post some pictures of Lamination ? When I inquired for lamination people are saying cost is @ 3500/-. You have done it in 1500/- its really cool.. [:)]
Its price depends on quality of plastic we use for lamination and also it is highly skilled job. The lamination person quoted Rs. 2000/- for transparent lamination sheet and job work. I prefered transparent sheet because I can see if any dirt or fungus growth.

I paid him Rs. 1500/- because he had not done good work first time and I had to send car one more time. Second time he did good job but still I paid Rs. 1500/-[anger] and he didn't complained. Please get it done from really skilled person having good reference and if possible be present during lamination job.

Anyhow I will try to post the pictures soon for you.

Thread Starter #24
@Sandy

As requested below are pictures of lamination.

Front lamination without foot mat

Lamination Front.JPG

Front lamination with foot mat

With FootMat.JPG

Thread Starter #27
Is there any specific advantage of lamination? does it make noise when you rub the floor with your feet?
lamination help us to keep the car always clean. Dirt and water slippage or spillage inside the car can be easly cleaned or wiped out from the floor. This will increase the life of floor material and car will always look fresh[clap].

No, it doesn't make noise when I rub the floor with my feet.

Thread Starter #28
Re: It's Time for SX4 Diesel Celebration -2000 Kms of Ride

Experience after 2000+ KMs

It is tough weather for driving as rain is causing havoc here. But as saying goes “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going”. That is success story so for my new car.

IMG_3275-Optimized.jpg

IMG_3272-Optimized.jpg

Here we go about my 2000 + Kms experience

Impression:

The overall quite impressive impression as the level of comfort me and my family get when we go for small or long drive. My daughter and son sleep within 10 mins of ride on back seat of car and this is testimony of the ride and comfort back seat passengers are getting. All this happens on Indian roads then you can imagine the level of driving pleasure I get when we go out on the road.

Style and design:

This is masculine looking car gets immense respect on the road. Even big trucks/lorries don’t try to bully when this car is on road. Because of its style and design the status on road has increased.

Built Quality:

This has European standard built quality. Maruti has not compromised on built quality even though the Krebs weight is more compared to other cars and it is going rise eye brows of people. But the safety point of view this kind of built quality is must.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Interiors:

At the given value the interior built quality is best. The design of interior doesn't not much concern to me if the design is practically serving the purpose. The front interior is spacious and the rare space is also good for six feet tall person like me. Three persons can seat comfortably on back seat. Even I push front seat all the way back the back seat people with my height can have lot of space[clap].

IMG_3292.JPG

Drivers seat pushed all the way front and side passenger seat all the way back

IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

NVH level:

Engine noise can be heard inside cabin (Not very loud) till the engine reaches its temperature after that cabin is silent. The vibration can be felt when car is in 3rd gear on gear knob and clutch. When car is at 4th and 5th gear there are no vibrations at all on clutch and gear knob.

Top Bottom