It's New Skoda Rapid on the Road

Elegant additions on the beauty. The leather seat covers & music player looks cool. The reverse parking sensor is very much peppy. Can you elaborate on the cost of the products.

And did you find the answer for my first question - About FE?

@Sedate:
the highway drive will simply impress you,we did 150+ and the car was really planted ans steering was quite joyful and confident at that speed.

Your HU is looking really great and those seat covers are nearly same as those of my Corolla.They are also rocking.

350Z

Core Team
The car is looking gorgeous from that angle in first image. Congrats for new add-ons. Head unit seems to be rocking.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #34
Elegant additions on the beauty. The leather seat covers & music player looks cool. The reverse parking sensor is very much peppy. Can you elaborate on the cost of the products.

And did you find the answer for my first question - About FE?
Thanks! Seat covers + RPS = 7.8K; Pioneer HU + 4 Sony speakers = 17K
Still can't comment on FE, buddy, gotta wait.
@Sedate:
the highway drive will simply impress you,we did 150+ and the car was really planted ans steering was quite joyful and confident at that speed.

Your HU is looking really great and those seat covers are nearly same as those of my Corolla.They are also rocking.
Back from long drive. I was cautious about high speed as engine is still in 'run-in' period. Hovered between 80-90 most of the time, few times crossing 100kmph but not for long. It wasn't good to see less powerful cars overtaking me but it was ok, was enjoying my smooth ride. Experienced enough thrust in the engine to go past other whenever required. Glad that I was driving 100+ bhp machine.

Thanks for appreciating comments!
The car is looking gorgeous from that angle in first image. Congrats for new add-ons. Head unit seems to be rocking.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks! It IS absolute beauty from every angle [;)]

SedateDriver: Congrats on your Rapid. The car looks clean and solid. I just hope you have a continued good experience with Skoda After sales. All the best !

Thread Starter #36
SedateDriver: Congrats on your Rapid. The car looks clean and solid. I just hope you have a continued good experience with Skoda After sales. All the best !
Thanks! Before confirming my booking I spoke with Service adviser at skoda workshop. He told me Laura's service estimate comes around 11-12K but Rapid's should be less around 10K.

Unofficial experts drive review click here

A difference of Rs 1-2k !! WOW [lol] ! You should have patted him on his back. Man ! When would Skoda improve?

More than the absolutely ridiculous service costs, what bothers me more are the stories of many Skoda owners who have dealt with pathetic service standards, rampant parts theft from their cars, mute customer care from the company itself and so many other things that has convinced me that Tata isn't the only one standing last in line :offtopic:.

Wishing you a better experience. The car is good, no doubt about that and, at a pinch, you may even call it value for money. All the best and enjoy !

Congrats on the Rapid. It's really looking classy compared to the overdone Fiesta & Verna. The interiors are a bit better than the Vento. Please get rid of those number plates. The least the dealer could do was give a neatly done plate. get yourself some nice plates from Utsav.

Thread Starter #39
A difference of Rs 1-2k !! WOW [lol] ! You should have patted him on his back. Man ! When would Skoda improve?

More than the absolutely ridiculous service costs, what bothers me more are the stories of many Skoda owners who have dealt with pathetic service standards, rampant parts theft from their cars, mute customer care from the company itself and so many other things that has convinced me that Tata isn't the only one standing last in line.

Wishing you a better experience. The car is good, no doubt about that and, at a pinch, you may even call it value for money. All the best and enjoy !
Earlier Skoda cars do not have localised parts but thats not the case with Rapid. Less imported parts is also one of the reason of less showroom price as you rightly called it VFM.

Thanks for the wishes. About the service, I don't think one service cost of 10K after every 15K running is bad compare to Maruti's, Hyundais two service cost of 8K+ within same running period. Also, we are talking about diesel engine here which cost more than petrol engine (irrespective of car brand and model). I believe, with more and more diesel cars on the road, image of Skoda service won't be seen bad compared to Marutis.

Congrats on the Rapid. It's really looking classy compared to the overdone Fiesta & Verna. The interiors are a bit better than the Vento. Please get rid of those number plates. The least the dealer could do was give a neatly done plate. get yourself some nice plates from Utsav.
Thanks. These are temporary number plates. Permanent reg. not done yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ SedateDriver
Is that gauge of parking sensor or rpm or bass ? & the new seat covers suit your car very well.

More driving observations - Now with music always on, NVH inside car is suppressed a lot. Acceleration in all gears, cornering, overall ride is excellent. Going on long drive tomorrow on highway. Will post how it responds to higher speeds.

Thanks! There was scheme on RPS at accessory shop. Because of the seat covers (of 7K), I got this simple RPS at 1.5K only which is otherwise 2.9K. RPS speaks out the distance so I didn't feel the need to add it at RHS.
From where you bought the seat covers..

buddy seat covers brand any idea i love the finishing want one for my fludic verna , the price is also tempting

buddy seat covers brand any idea i love the finishing want one for my fludic verna , the price is also tempting
Guess you came here from 350z 's ford fiesta seat cover thread [:)]

Well it looks like the brand "Autokame" called "500 series" ,it says its vinyl leather,i took reference from an ad on "Autocar India May 2011 pg242"
same seat cover is shown in that ad.

Top Bottom