Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Linea MJD Emotion. (Now Sold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #46
re: Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Linea MJD Emotion. EDIT: Now Sold

Thanks dude

Have you upgraded the GC with the TASS? Please do so, if not yet.
Not yet. Awaiting the GC upgrade kit from a source out of TASS. Will do it during 45k service.

About the steering wheel peelings, it really doesn't look good on your car. A cover might be of some help.
Tried all types of steering cover but with least success. The "hump" in the wheel is culprit, leaved a huuuge gap.

have you checked with the Lal's or other tyre guys on White's? Road.
Yet to check with them, may be by next weekend. Thanks for the pointers.
Will keep you updated shortly.

@Mr.Boss:
Leave aside everything and change this crappy looking thing:-
2.JPG

It has spoiled the whole pic,in fact it has spoiled the joy of the car itself.I like the car,I like its interiors but whenever I see this thing,it alone takes away the complete love for the car.In other words,DO SOMETHING WITH THE STEERING WHEEL!!

Thread Starter #48

I like its interiors but whenever I see this thing,it alone takes away the complete love for the car.In other words,DO SOMETHING WITH THE STEERING WHEEL!!
[cry] 100% agree with you.
Tried all type of covers, nothing worked out.
Please do suggest some economic option.

Boss congratulations man

you have got the Italian beauty @ very very mouthwatering price.

Here in Pune same Mfg Yr model emotion pack with approximate 60k on odometer is quoted 6.7 and bargain limit is up to 6.5 fuss. I personally feel jealous by the cost you have paid for Linea [:D]

I have got a one questions where did you get the Flip key cover and what is the cost of the same. I may ask many questions in coming future about Linea.
Once again congratulations keep happy driving with Linea

How is that it has no alloy wheels even though its an emotion model. what's fishy??
A good choice..congrats on your Italian Beauty!!![:)]
This one is Emotion.

Emotion Pack is equipped with Alloys
Cheers

Last edited:

Why not get it stitched with a local seat covet maker, they use art leather, so the size wont be a problem. It would cost around 300-400 rs.

Finally after a week hunt got home a pre-loved Linea MJD,
Congrats. BTW what are the 2 chorme studs on either side of the boot keyhole?

How is that it has no alloy wheels even though its an emotion model. what's fishy??
A good choice..congrats on your Italian Beauty!!![:)]
AFAIK only the Emotion + came with alloys.

What is the cost of a new steering wheel? That would be the best option.

Attachments

Thread Starter #52

Boss congratulations man
Thanks dude.

I have got a one questions where did you get the Flip key cover and what is the cost of the same.
Yet to get them, from eBay. I tried ordering from eBay UK, but payment is not successful.

Why not get it stitched with a local seat covet maker, they use art leather, so the size wont be a problem. It would cost around 300-400 rs.
[surprise] Cost seems mouth watering. Let me check for any options this weekend.

Congrats. BTW what are the 2 chorme studs on either side of the boot keyhole?
[:D] Fancy stickers from the previous owner to hide out a scratch. But I removed them.

That is a nice FE. [clap]

Why dont you upload some present pics of your car?

Thread Starter #55

That is a nice FE. [clap]

Why dont you upload some present pics of your car?
Thanks dude. Will post the latest snaps by this weekend.
But there wont be any change w.r.t the images in 1st page. [:)]

Thread Starter #56

First breakdown @ 60k km Alternator failure - Help required

On the way back from Karaikal to Trichy last night near Chengipatti (around 20km after Tanjore), got the battery warning in cluster. Suspected either battery or alternator should be the issue. Pulled the car to the side, opened the bonnet and I could hear the engine noise is more than usual and the idle rpm is 1100rpm which again is unusual. It was around 9pm and we were 4 (myself, my wify, mom and dad) Called Fiat RSA, but I could not get the line (bad luck)
Found a police patrol car approaching on the opposite lane. Crossed the road, stopped them and asked them for any mechanic / garage nearby. They gave the landline number of SSB Motors (Tanjore) but the call is unanswered.

Policemen advised if I could drive 2km more, there is a fuel station at Chengipatti and they may help with mechanic contact. I drove 3 km to reach the fuel station. Got ABS & EBD failure warning, also I could notice the headlamp started dimming, horns were not audible, AC turned off, couldn't roll down the windows, stopped the car there without killing the engine. I confirmed it's not the issue with battery and alternator should be the cause. in few minutes the engine went off.

Fuel station guys had no contact details of mechanics. One of their customer working in Chevrolet dealership came there to fill petrol and he gave the contact details of SSB motors MD and I got assistance from SSB to get the car towed to their service center. It was around 11:30pm and we got the alternate car through one of our relative and reached home by 1:00 am.

This morning got call from SSB that the alternator & battery gone kaput and needs replacement. Since it is sunday mechanic is unaware of the stock availability and cost. But he informed is the part is not available, they should place the order and it may take upto 10days to get the part.

Now I need your valuable suggestion.
1) Not sure about the amount the amount of damage to alternator, but is there a possibility to get it repaired? If so, can you please support with contact details of mechanic in Tanjore / Trichy?
2) If the above is not possbile, what should be cost of new alternator?

Thread Starter #57

Quick update:
Visited SSB motors on 21st (Monday) below are the list of complaints reported by SA.

1) Alternator
No output from alternator and the part needs replacement. Quoted 13k INR but no stock available. Once the order is placed it may take upto 2 weeks for the parts to reach.

Decided to try repairing the alternator as I suppose the culprit cannot be the complete alternator, may be the rectifier unit (May be) So removed the alternator and taken to chennai to get it repaired. The part is currently with my trusted mechanic.

2) Battery
2 cells were week and the battery needs replacement as a precaution.

I'm planning for battery upgrade. so asked them to recharge the current battery and I will get it replaced after taking the car back to Chennai

3) Glow Plugs
2 glow plugs lost their life.

Asked them to replace all 4 plugs

4) Rear LH Shock absorber bend[surprise]
I was shocked after seeing this

IMG_0214.JPG

Last month when I made tyre rotation, wheel alignment I have completely checked the underbody for any damage / hit marks, but there was no such damage in rear shocks. And for last 1 month the car did less than 1000km that too only inside the city and driven only by myself.

On the way to Trichy for this trip, passed a medium size pot hole @ 100 kmph (this is what I could remember and again both front and rear wheels passed the pot hole) Being a suspension engineer, it is a big question to my how come the front struts were intact and rear shocks faced suck a huge bend.

Again the parts were not readily available and ordering takes 2 weeks to get the parts. Asked them not to place the order and I will support with the new parts.

Below were my request for 60k km service
1) Fluid & Filter change
2) Timing chain
3) EGR Cleaning (SA said they have the experience of Linea & Manza EGR cleaning in past, but not sure about the quality if their work)
4) Front suspension noise

Will keep you updated on the progress shortly.

Boss, first of all congratulations on Linea and achieving 60K mark.

Sad to hear about the breakdown and damages to rear shocks.

Thread Starter #60

That looks like it has hit something really hard.
But it's near impossible to get an external object hitting at that location. And in my professional experience I never faced such an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom