Is Tata Motors Trying To Kill Safari Storme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just monthly dispatches to the dealers. As it is, dealers are choked with stocks. Factories were shut to help dealers clear stocks. TATA motors has cleared 3000 cars from dealers. Next month maybe back to normal levels.

Thread Starter #122
That is just monthly dispatches to the dealers. As it is, dealers are choked with stocks. Factories were shut to help dealers clear stocks. TATA motors has cleared 3000 cars from dealers. Next month maybe back to normal levels.
Thats true but what happened to the boasted number of pre bookings at the launch?

Tata has very tough time ahead.

Thread Starter #123
Tata Motors enables priority test drives for its flagship SUV – Harrier

What a funny news. It seems due to (poor) market response arrogance of TATA has come down. What they are trying to do is already a standard practice of other manufacturers. What so great about it TATA?

BTW recently visited Concord Satara road dealer. Asked for Harrier test drive. No test drive vehicle. Same story for the Rudra motors Wagholi near Pune. First storme then Hexa now Harrier also has disappeared from the showrooms.

Last edited:
Today.. I went to KHT motors Banglore. Looks like Safari production has stopped. Hoping this is only for this year end season.. I dont want their legacy should be closed.. Iam a big fan of Safari... I am not able to digest that safari is being axed...

Today.. I went to KHT motors Banglore. Looks like Safari production has stopped. Hoping this is only for this year end season.. I dont want their legacy should be closed.. Iam a big fan of Safari... I am not able to digest that safari is being axed...
Well may be safari will be made to order. but if you look at safari, the interiors though elegant, they are pretty bland compared to current crop of cars. So I doubt any person will be willing to put this 16 lacs on this car. Only fanatics will put money. So I guess its good to pause safari, come back with bang with new Safari, with lots of gizmos, yet keeping the safari dan intact. If that does not happen I would be definitely be very very sad.

Thread Starter #126
Well may be safari will be made to order. but if you look at safari, the interiors though elegant, they are pretty bland compared to current crop of cars. So I doubt any person will be willing to put this 16 lacs on this car. Only fanatics will put money. So I guess its good to pause safari, come back with bang with new Safari, with lots of gizmos, yet keeping the safari dan intact. If that does not happen I would be definitely be very very sad.
Body on frame SUV with rear drive is a minimum requirement for hilly regions like Ladakh and Sikkim. That is why Scorpio demand is not faded. It is selling more than modern XUV500 for the same reason. Can't even imagine Kia Seltos on the way to Guru Dongmar lake. BOF RWD demand will be there unless we build decent roads but due to landslide it is impossible to do so in Ladakh and Sikkim.

I think it is last opportunity to purchase capable tourer. After 2020, future of diesel is dark unless there is cheaper breakthrough tech that will save it. Also BS6 tech is going to make diesel SUV more costly.

Thread Starter #130
Well the current varicor engine is not BS6 compliant. So pausing Safari can be considered as wise move. Stopping no, it will be foolish. There has to be safari v3 in the future.
There are rumors that Hexa engine is being upgraded to BS6. Same engine could have been used for Safari. But as I said earlier they want to kill it for the success of Hexa.

Tough time ahead for Hexa. MG Hector and kia Seltos are making life measurable for Harrier, forget about Hexa.

bhvm

Honoured Member

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Safari storme has already been killed( as had been the speculation). It's a dumb move or a brilliant move, time will tell. The purpose of this thread is fulfilled and done.
Moderators should close this thread now. Or atleast change the title,if still want to continue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom