Is Tata Motors Trying To Kill Safari Storme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in Delhi BS6 diesel creating no problem for BS4 engines.
I also remember similar debate when low lead petrol was introduced.
Good news! Is there any authentic report on that? In two stroke bikes like Yamaha RX100 and Suzuki samurai (I suppose those engines were made for high sulphur/ lead content) I used to see lot of oil leakage and smoke emissions post new fuel regime came. Not sure if it was due to poor maintenance, high usage or due to new fuel

Thread Starter #77
Good news! Is there any authentic report on that? In two stroke bikes like Yamaha RX100 and Suzuki samurai (I suppose those engines were made for high sulphur/ lead content) I used to see lot of oil leakage and smoke emissions post new fuel regime came. Not sure if it was due to poor maintenance, high usage or due to new fuel
Actually BS6 diesel is new and only in Delhi. Long term effect study should be carried out.

As correctly pointed out by you, suffer provides necessary lubrication for the fuel injection components. BS6 diesel has low sulfur. There has to be some additives that will prevent damage to the fuel injecting system.

Why I think BS-VI diesel won't harm BS-IV engines - Team-BHP

When low lead petrol was introduced, it was predicted that exhaust valve of old engines will get damaged but my Maruti car 1986 batch ran happily on low lead petrol for more than ten years after that.

Regarding high smoke emission, did you check MAF sensor that seats on air intake pipe?

Last edited:
Actually BS6 diesel is new and only in Delhi. Long term effect study should be carried out.

As correctly pointed out by you, suffer provides necessary lubrication for the fuel injection components. BS6 diesel has low sulfur. There has to be some additives that will prevent damage to the fuel injecting system.

Why I think BS-VI diesel won't harm BS-IV engines - Team-BHP

When low lead petrol was introduced, it was predicted that exhaust valve of old engines will get damaged but my Maruti car 1986 batch ran happily on low lead petrol for more than ten years after that.

Regarding high smoke emission, did you check MAF sensor that seats on air intake pipe?
It was long before and not my bike so the reason for smoke emission could be anything

Got an SMS from TML SOUL program. The SMS reads “SOUL stands for SUV Owners United League” The S in SOUL stood for Safari earlier. This is one more evidence Tata is botching up the brand Safari.

Thread Starter #81
In March also Storme beaten Hexa[clap][clap][clap]

Storme = 445
Hexa = 366
Please remember absolutely no marketing support for Safari Storme from Tata

Somebody said “ Tata don’t sell car. People do research and purchase.” This sentence is enough to describe marketing of Tata.

Thread Starter #84
BOF SUV is such a important market (Scorpio is selling in more than 5K), Tata would be foolish not provide BS6 engine to Storme.

Already Mahindra is working on BS6 engine for scorpio. We already know Scorpio body structure is unsafe but it is selling due to smart marketing and gimmicks that Tata need to learn from.

BOF SUV is such a important market (Scorpio is selling in more than 5K), Tata would be foolish not provide BS6 engine to Storme.

Already Mahindra is working on BS6 engine for scorpio. We already know Scorpio body structure is unsafe but it is selling due to smart marketing and gimmicks that Tata need to learn from.
Any idea about Storme’s structural safety in comparison with Scorpio and Innova Crysta?

Thread Starter #86
Any idea about Storme’s structural safety in comparison with Scorpio and Innova Crysta?
Tata has internal crash test facility for long time. One of my relative was working in that department. If the storme can pass stringent criteria of army, I believe it is safe.

Thread Starter #87
Friends just return back from 8000Kms Bhutan, North/East Sikkim trip. Storme served me flawlessly. Last run was 1000 Kms took 17 hours of continuous driving. No fatigue. This is beauty of Safari.

I call Safari as 'Two in one" machine. Because it perform duty of sedan, hatchback and true SUV.

Why?
Because I saw in north Sikkim Guru Dongmar, Yumthang Valley and Zero Point, no sedan, no hatchback, No famous XUV 500, no pseudo SUV tata Nexon, ford echosport, Honda HRV.

Road is so difficult, dangerous, there are landslides in-between crossing them is possible only for 'Rear wheel drive, Body on Frame type of SUV.

I saw only one small car Honda HRV but couldn't pass first landslide. One driver told me Toyota Innova got damaged on this route. It is so difficult.

Now the question in the mind of new buyers whether to wait for the BS6 norms or not? I think it is best time to purchase diesel vehicle. After BS6 norms, diesel vehicles are going to be very costly. There is good discussion on team bhp on this topic.

Diesel Car: Buy 2019 BS4 or wait for 2020 BS6? - Team-BHP

Tata Safari Storme at Zero Point North Sikkim.

Attachments

Friends just return back from 8000Kms Bhutan, North/East Sikkim trip. Storme served me flawlessly. Last run was 1000 Kms took 17 hours of continuous driving. No fatigue. This is beauty of Safari.

I call Safari as 'Two in one" machine. Because it perform duty of sedan, hatchback and true SUV.

Why?
Because I saw in north Sikkim Guru Dongmar, Yumthang Valley and Zero Point, no sedan, no hatchback, No famous XUV 500, no pseudo SUV tata Nexon, ford echosport, Honda HRV.

Road is so difficult, dangerous, there are landslides in-between crossing them is possible only for 'Rear wheel drive, Body on Frame type of SUV.

I saw only one small car Honda HRV but couldn't pass first landslide. One driver told me Toyota Innova got damaged on this route. It is so difficult.

Now the question in the mind of new buyers whether to wait for the BS6 norms or not? I think it is best time to purchase diesel vehicle. After BS6 norms, diesel vehicles are going to be very costly. There is good discussion on team bhp on this topic.

Diesel Car: Buy 2019 BS4 or wait for 2020 BS6? - Team-BHP

Tata Safari Storme at Zero Point North Sikkim.
Fantastic buddy, Is your Storme 4x4? I have 4x2 and I wish to travel to Leh with that. Hope it is possible. By the way I will have to drive all the way from Chennai. Did you travel From Pune? Write your experiences in detail!

Thread Starter #90
Fantastic buddy, Is your Storme 4x4? I have 4x2 and I wish to travel to Leh with that. Hope it is possible. By the way I will have to drive all the way from Chennai. Did you travel From Pune? Write your experiences in detail!
Yes I travelled from Pune.
Mine is 4 x 2
Roads of Leh Ladakh are thousand times better than North Sikkim. Lachen to Guru Dongmar distance is just 60 Km. It took 10 hrs to complete too and fro journey. BRO has neglected that route.

Last year I completed Leh Ladakh. Best time to visit is before rain. I visited after 15 June after school starts so that I got hotels at cheap rate. For better acclimatization entry from Sonmarg is better.

Please refer this thread for in-depth knowledge

Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide - Team-BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom