Is It Worth To Buy Car From Delhi?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks

I wanted to understand is it worth to buy car from Delhi and register in Bangalore (because i am in Bangloare). Bangalore Seconds car rates are exorbitant to the level of nauseating, and looking at Delhi prices I feel they are balanced? Any inputs on this topic is welcome.

350Z

Core Team
I wanted to understand is it worth to buy car from Delhi and register in Bangalore (because i am in Bangloare). Bangalore Seconds car rates are exorbitant to the level of nauseating, and looking at Delhi prices I feel they are balanced? Any inputs on this topic is welcome.
Personally, I don’t think it’s wise to purchase a used car from Delhi and ship to Bangalore. You might end up incurring almost similar amount in transportation and other charges. Needless to mention the added hassle. Look out for better deals in Bangalore itself or nearby cities. It might take sometime to come across the right used car but the wait will be worth it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thank you 350Z for your response. Yes, dealing with both RTO's is another biggest nightmare.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Unless it's a well-sought or well-desired car like Fiesta 1.6S or a VTEC in great shape (or at least minimum decent condition), it's not worth the effort. It ends up more than Bangalore price like @350Z said plus the added headache. Many times the owner/dealer won't be helpful in procuring NOC or assist in out of state paperworks.

One of our TAI'ians travelled all the way to North from South for a great deal and found a not-so-good car instead of the ones listed in Olx and the dealer was trying his best to dispose off on him.

is it worth to buy car from Delhi and register in Bangalore
Depends on multiple factors
1) the 'deal' - that still gives a considerably good margin after the logistics and RTO expenses
2) Reliable source
3) Condition of the vehicle
4) Model and age of the vehicle you are looking for

With the 10 year ban on diesel, there are handful of cars from DL at around 8+ years vintage. If you are looking for one such example at mouth watering price, then it is worthy.
Otherwise pay a little premium and buy from KA with peace of mind.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Mr. Boss, I am in two minds about Punto diesel or Tata Nano and weighing pros and cons. I don't have any contacts in Delhi to validate deals I see in DL.

Top Bottom