Is it Necessary To Install A/C Filter?

Thread Starter #1
i searched but couldn't find reference to AC filter. when i took my WR for 1st service the SA told me that the AC coil will get dirty unless i use an AC Filter costs 1000/- Rs. so is this necessary? or are they bluffing

Thread Starter #3
Re: AC Filter

the SA says that AC coil will get dirty and capacity will be reduced. i guess this needs to be replaced periodically. right? or is this s one time investment?

u can just vacuum it and re use a couple of times and then replace. it prevents dust and debris from getting stuck in the coils. when it does youd have a decrease in performance/ bad odours. i think if you use the ac in fresh air mode it should be cleant at every service otherwise at every 15k kms depending on if you have a dusty atmosphere

yes it depends on where you normally drive your car. If it is a dirty area with dry climate, it is better to get replaced. Otherwise you can just clean it and use it for some more time.

Thread Starter #6
Thank you guys for your inputs. next service i am going to install it.
i thought SA was trying to push me another 1000 rs.. but if MUL has provided a provision why they have not added it?
any way where is it located? can i remove and clean it myself?

also kindly comment on the AIR PURIFIER IONIZER etc.. which are available in ebay.

its located behind your glove box it should be shown on the owners manual and procedures on how to remove and clean it. i Think the filter is provided in almost all new cars or a few of them have it as an option i advise you to check and see if there is a filter installed using help of the manual.
regarding air purifier ionizer i strangely have never found it to make any difference. my room acs have it and it donot find it any different in purifing the air then acs which does not have it but yes ions are said to make us feel relaxed. i have an inbuilt ionizer in my car found no differences as yet.
if you want filters for de odorizing you can find stuff on ebay made by 3m you just have to cut a small portion and stick it on the ac filter can use the same on your room air cons or plasma air purifier is the best.

Last edited:
ill try and click a few pictures of my cars filter location and show you so you can get an idea

although it should be there in the maintainance section of the manual. if not have mass do it and watch them

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
i have one doubt regarding the AC. when we change to out side air, why is the blower becomes low? even @ fan in 4 speed it feels like 2 speed in recirculating mode?

i have one doubt regarding the AC. when we change to out side air, why is the blower becomes low? even @ fan in 4 speed it feels like 2 speed in recirculating mode?
This happens in my car too, the reason behind this is, when u change the mode to recirculating an window\door of the blower is opened to get air from outside but when the car is at low spped, the blower air is thrown out of this door, so the air circulation is divided and hence felt as low speed (less speed of the air from the blower).

For checking this just turn on the blower to 4\high speed, in recirculating mode, come out of the car and you can hear the sound of air blowing near the wents below the wipers.
Find the picture for reference. [:)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
This happens in my car too, the reason behind this is, when u change the mode to recirculating an window\door of the blower is opened to get air from outside but when the car is at low spped, the blower air is thrown out of this door, so the air circulation is divided and hence felt as low speed (less speed of the air from the blower).

For checking this just turn on the blower to 4\high speed, in recirculating mode, come out of the car and you can hear the sound of air blowing near the wents below the wipers.
Find the picture for reference. [:)]
good info. but how strange this never happened in my 800. when i change the air intake modes no speed variation in was noticed.
that solves my doubt

thats true what varun says the ac on fresh air mode pulls in air below the wipers but in recirculation mode it pulls in from behind the glove box. cooling in recirculation mode is bettter.

Top Bottom