Is It Difficult to Shift Gears with Different Patterns?

You will get used to it in seconds. Its a matter of memory.

same way when you drive a European car here , you need to know the indicators are to be functioned by your left hand.

Older sumo had reverse in 1st gear place.

Opel have a pattern as in Verna like you need to pull the leaver upward.

i20 has button like thing press and engage them

Older amby has same slot for 4th and reverse i hope . forgot them ! toy need to put more pressure for reverse. else its 4th. Same is case with premier padmini

350Z

Core Team
Aveo has a similar gearshift pattern. It isn’t at all complicated. You have to pull up a lever surrounding the gearshift to put it into reverse.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes as i said before you will get used to it in seconds. Now whenever i drive my friend's Vento my hand automatically pushes the gear lever down to slot the reverse gear. And also i have very much got used to the indicator stalks in the left side , never made the mistake of using wipers at all![thumbsup]

In this pic, if somebody has difficulty slotting gear to reverse, then they will have same problem slotting to fifth gear.
Umang;50113[IMG said:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/attachments/test-drive-reports/6585d1276359909t-volkswagen-polo-road-test-review-img_2241_wm.jpg[/IMG]

The old Daewoo Ceilo has a diiferent type gear shift pattern. I didn't see ant one mentioned that. It has a ring type mechanism found below the gear knob, which has to pulled with finger while changing to reverse.I dint felt that the gear lever going down/up while changing to reverse in ceilo.

Top Bottom