Is Ertiga Diesel Not Right?

Thread Starter #1
Is Maruti Ertiga Ldi not a good car?

It has the same dimensions as the Toyota Etios, so I expect it to be as. Comfortable to seat 3 in the middle row. 3rd row will definitely be tighter fit. I sat in thre 3rd row too, and thought it was just ok for 2 adults (I don't mean any 6'+ for this row), but can even take 3 kids. We were 2 adults in that seat.

It would have been better designed if the hump in the rear seat could have been removed, liberating a few inches for middle row with this seat folded down. Also would have preferred it to be 3-4" longer, and with split rear seats. Then this car would have been unbeatable and a no brainer. Still seems a damn good car.

Now we have to buy a car for mainly in city (mainly not the really crowded areas) driving and some highway driving (the main highway car is a Civic). My wife has to be able to drive it comfortably, though the driver will be mostly there.

I am confused with the XYLO as that seems to be more VFM and spacious, but fuel efficiency and smoothness, NVH can be a downer.

What are your takes. Driving will be at least 1500 km per month, maybe more, as all the other cars are petrol cars.

Actually I was looking for a Ford Figo, but at similar fuel efficiency and maintenance I get a larger car for about 2.75 or 3 lake more, with more flexibility (can take on highway, more seating - luggage can go on carrier). Might save the immediate need to replace the Civic for the longer drives (other than my daily 60 km drive to & fro work).

Any thoughts?

Thread Starter #3
Budget: Rs.5 – 9 Lakh, though not so strict.

New Car

Your Location: Ajmer in Rajasthan, Nissan, Renault, and the luxury brands not present.

Top Five Priorities: Mileage, Safety, Comfort, Low and Cheap Maintenance, Luggage Space

Monthly Running: 1,500 Kms and more.

Type of Fuel: Diesel preferred (can't have CNG as no pumps)

Purpose: Daily use mainly city but not too crowded, Occasional Highway Trips.

Seating Capacity: 5-7 Adults (occasionaly). But good luggage space with 5 adults is a must.

Type of Segment: Sedan / Hatcback or MUV/LUV

Xylo or others can also be an option if optimum.

Ertiga is an awsome car,far better than an Innova*.

Two car from maruti stable which I appreciate most is, A-star and Ertiga.

You can never go wrong with your choice if it is Ertiga.

Thread Starter #6
Have you checked the Quantos? Suits your requirements as well.
The Quanto from Mahindra?

I was one of the 1st person in Ajmer to see it. I found the fit , finish and plastics pretty bad. I know it's cheaper, but then it is not a car. In fact I was very optimistic for its launch :-(. Not plush at all. The last 2 seats are for SMALL kids only and for short distances. My head was touching the roof and I was uncomfortable, I'm 5'9".

I also found it too tall and unwieldly. Not really good to look at, and seemed top heavy. Also engine was unrefined.

I might be wrong, but that was my opinion. More like a taxi or commercial vehicle than a home car. Value wise seemed a good deal.

The Ertiga suits best for all purposes as you compare with the Xylo and Quanto! So what have you got now?

If service centre is not in your city/ in your comfortable reach, omit that car from your wish list.
Ertiga is one of the best option that fulfils all your needs. It can easily accommodate the required passengers with comfort and luggage. And for extra luggage you can attach roof carrier. On a sedan you cant do that. So go ahead with Ertiga.

Top Bottom