Introduction - Chandranath

Thread Starter #16
Glad to have you here Chandranath.[:)] What model Alto do you have?
I have the Alto LX (Non power steerin) 2004 version. I am planning to replace it by year end.

To its credit it has served me well in oustation drives before I got the Xylo. I have driven it from Kolkata to Bhutan and Puri/ Chilka.

It has also given great services in the local intra city TSD rallies and has won me a couple of prizes.

Thread Starter #17
Hello Chandranath, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. How well is Xylo serving you? Share with us about your rides through an ownership review whenever you have time. Have a wonderful stay and do get in touch if you need any help about the forum. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Would have loved to update on the ownership review but I am as yet not qualified enough with my Xylo. I had purchased it in May 2010 and embarrassingly it gas done only 4000 km.

I usually use my Pulsar 180 and Alto for convinience and that Xylo is for long hauls. But due to some professional reason or the other have not been able to do any long trips. Moreover in between had an accident on my bike, fractured my leg, got operated, 2 screws inserted, 3 months fully at home on a crutch has made me use the Xylo very less.

Planning to visit Orissa in October and Sikkim Village Stay in December in the Xylo. Will update the logs and photos with all of you.

Welcome on board Chandranath. Great to have you here. Do share your experience with Mahindra Xylo, Maruti Alto and Pulsar 180 with us. For any support, feel free to contact.

Too much of stickers , is it due to the rally?? I am surprised to see your city mentioned as Calcutta even in 2010!

BTW the door moulding on the front left needs some repair , hope you must have done it by now.

Thread Starter #30
Too much of stickers , is it due to the rally?? I am surprised to see your city mentioned as Calcutta even in 2010!

BTW the door moulding on the front left needs some repair , hope you must have done it by now.
Yes it had just come back from a rally. I take it for a spin 3 - 4 times a year in the city / outskirts rally. Whether I like it or not I have to put on the sponsor's stickers in the rally and they are a pain taking off.

It is mentioned Calcutta because it was a rally organised by Calcutta Club in association with the Federation Of Motor Sports Association of India in technical collaboration with Friendship Car Rally Association. Calcutta Club is one of the premier most clubs in India. It was set up by the "babus" and Zamindars of Bengal in response to the Bengal Club which was set up by the Britishers and had an apparent tag line that Dogs and Indians are not allowed. To date they have not changed the name.

The left front door moulding is repaired. It slightly came off due to the wind resistence at 110 k/hr in the rally which it is not othewise used to everyday.

Top Bottom