Introducing Myself

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends , Seniors & like minded Automobile Lovers. I am honored to have my membership approved in TAI & delighted that this gives me the opportunity to interact with the wonderful comrades/Brothers that this group can boast of.

Myself Debasish Ghosh (M 45) is based out of my home city Kolkata. I am a small time businessman trading with healthcare equipment & Diagnostic products

During my childhood Baba used to thrice take me all the way upto Darjeeling to deposit me in my Boarding school every year & my initiation into Long road trips thus began at an early age since we mostly took the Rocket services from Calcutta those days.

As I grew up the fascination towards Cars & bikes transformed to Love of the same & with that came the natural extension of Long drive & wanderlust.

During my early days of driving around I possessed a Maruti 800 & Alto for around 15 years. My vehicle took me to nearby places like Digha Maithon etc & the satire for Travel was largely catered by taking trips like normal tourists.

In the recent past My wife seems to have resigned herself to fate & (may be a consolation that she can call me a Safe driver) have taken to liking Long drives & enjoying the same with me. needless to say I didn't let go the opportunity (you never know when the mind might change) & have started taking the drive out very regularly these days trying to make lost grounds. My trusted PRINCE our Eriga recently helped us do 5000 kms in 12 days (kolkata-Rajasthan-Kolkata). I dream of sharing it with you all once & if if you are able to tolerate that & permit me to chronicle it here.

We have a trophy 12 yr old son, who like father like son seems to love cars & travel & wants to visit every war memorial in the country as expressed to me. We do share similarities.

I like to interact with people who share the same love of automobiles & travel, I like to share insights with different types of car users & am curious about how they deal with scenarios that we all face while using our vehicles.

I love reading travelogues & while I do want to write my own stuff the language doesn't easily flow from my pen , this is something I wish to change & all the posts that I read in places like this may slowly ignite the flame in me to jot down a few of my memories before Alzheimer hopefully doesn't set in.

I would love to have interactive chats with many if not all my fellow members here in near future & know for sure that will enhance my knowledge base on the one thing that I love most besides my Family. CARS. Till then Regards & a big Thank you for letting me in.

Debasish

Last edited by a moderator:
Debashish, welcome to The Automotive India and wish you pleasant stay here.You surely would love to interact with many like minded fellow members and also our large group of kolkatta members as well.Congratulations on your Ertiga ownership and looking forward to read about your rajasthan trip.
Get familier with our regulation board and get in touch with the team for any assistance.

Thread Starter #3
Debashish, welcome to The Automotive India and wish you pleasant stay here.You surely would love to interact with many like minded fellow members and also our large group of kolkatta members as well.Congratulations on your Ertiga ownership and looking forward to read about your rajasthan trip.
Get familier with our regulation board and get in touch with the team for any assistance.
Thank You, Yes I do intend to go through the regulation board & posting rules thoroughly before I do post a thread.

Top Bottom