Introducing ‘Rogue’ in TW with a MJD heart (Punto 1.3 Emo)

Thetraveller many congrats [:)] excellent writeup (as usual), I like that color also.

OT Is that Pashan road ? [:)]

Also now as you own/ed both swift - Punto can you put some light of the difference between two?

Wish in next meet can have hands on on your 'Rouge' [:P]

There is a philosophy which I whole heartedly believe in; if you really really want something, even universe will support in making you achieve it.
Universe has bestowed only handful of people with incredible quality-communication skills.
So good to read again and again.

6.38Lakh is awesome value for Italian Babe.

Sure, She deserves better Bigger shoes .

Heartiest congratulations!

Thread Starter #18
Re: Introducing ‘Rogue’ in TW with a MJD heart (Punto 1.3 Emo)

Congrats.

One more Punto from Pune.
Its really difficult to maintain scratch free car on Pune roads.
Thanks JazzSelect! Yes Punto's are just growing in Pune! So difficult to keep this car away from keen drivers you know[:D]

Congratulations looks like its raining Punto here at TAI.
Hmmm so you shifted from swift petrol,one thing you will be glad about is the low end torque as its a diesel,so moving in bumper to bumper traffic should be much easier than the swift,but I feel swift petrol is a drivers car with good feed back etc,but heavy on the pocket.
Now since you have shifted to a diesel,should feel like the car is running for free
Thanks Prads! Low end torque is just phenomenal. I am getting a hang of it slowly. Except of initial pick up from dead start, otherwise it requires a heavy foot to be pushed ahead swiftly. I am getting used to her moves!!

Thetraveller many congrats .excellent writeup (as usual), I like that color also.

OT Is that Pashan road ?

Also now as you own/ed both swift - Punto can you put some light of the difference between two?

Wish in next meet can have hands on on your 'Rouge'
Thanks Surfer! Yes we need to catch up. Couldn't meet up last time and you missed on bengali sweets I got. I will write down my impressions of these 2 cars in a few days. Lots of things to mention!
And yes this is Pashan Road, totally empty even on Weekdays!

Universe has bestowed only handful of people with incredible quality-communication skills.
So good to read again and again.

6.38Lakh is awesome value for Italian Babe.

Sure, She deserves better Bigger shoes .

Heartiest congratulations!
Thanks a bunch Jayadev. Made my day. Bigger shoes are so much wanted on such a handler. Now the handling has improved a lot with Road noise reduced.

One more Punto!

Congrats buddy, welcome to the club!

BEWARE! dont keep the perfume there on the middle vents. spillage will destroy the entire dash & centre console. keep it on the side vents to minimize damage in such an unlikely event.

Wow congratulations Traveller , i love this color in Punto! Haven't gone through the entire thread but one advice don't use these perfumes attached to the AC vents , after a few months they eat the dash paint away , this happened in my Verna![frustration]

And about the 3M polish , search their page "3M car care" in FB and see the pictures they have posted after treating the cars , the cars will look like brand new! But not needed for your car right now , you can get it done after 6-8 months. I think they charge around 3.5k for complete detailing of the car and they assured me the gloss will last for 6 months!

Thread Starter #21

One more Punto!

Congrats buddy, welcome to the club!

BEWARE! dont keep the perfume there on the middle vents. spillage will destroy the entire dash & centre console. keep it on the side vents to minimize damage in such an unlikely event.
Thanks Raj! Yes the perfume is going out right now. And many thanks for your advice on tyres, while going through different makes with dealers, Michelin came out with best performance and feedback, so picked XM1+.

Wow congratulations Traveller , i love this color in Punto! Haven't gone through the entire thread but one advice don't use these perfumes attached to the AC vents , after a few months they eat the dash paint away , this happened in my Verna![frustration]

And about the 3M polish , search their page "3M car care" in FB and see the pictures they have posted after treating the cars , the cars will look like brand new! But not needed for your car right now , you can get it done after 6-8 months. I think they charge around 3.5k for complete detailing of the car and they assured me the gloss will last for 6 months!
Thanks buddy! Yes I was thinking the same about 3M Paint sealant. Although just to douse my curiosity I will give the shop a visit. They are just 200 mtrs away and check the details.
And yes the perfume is going out now!

Any suggestions on which perfume you guys use? Wax type?

Use any bottled perfume and stick on your dash or place it in your cupholder , i have Poppy and i placed it in my cupholder in Verna and stuck on dash in Aria.

congrats buddy and kudos for punto. looks great colour but you dint wait for new one?? its coming in jan only!

Thanks Raj! Yes the perfume is going out right now. And many thanks for your advice on tyres, while going through different makes with dealers, Michelin came out with best performance and feedback, so picked XM1+.
Awesome choice. Though pricey, these tyres are simply too good.

Any suggestions on which perfume you guys use? Wax type?
I am using My shaldan now (wax type). Its simply awesome. You dont need to stick it anywhere, just place it on a cup holder. Fits perfectly in Punto's!

Thread Starter #26

congrats buddy and kudos for punto. looks great colour but you dint wait for new one?? its coming in jan only!
Thanks Umang! Well I just couldn't wait. [:D] I thought once that I should put my booking on hold, but could not resist the temptation of driving a shiny new Punto.

Also, prices will increase with changes!

I am using My shaldan now (wax type). Its simply awesome. You dont need to stick it anywhere, just place it on a cup holder. Fits perfectly in Punto's!
Going to check out My shaldan. If I like any of the fragrances in that.

Congrats Thetraveller.The Punto for me is the best among the hatches. Its build quality,suspension,beauty everything is superb.In looks department only Polo can give a fight.
Best of luck n safe driving.

Thread Starter #28

Congrats Thetraveller.The Punto for me is the best among the hatches. Its build quality,suspension,beauty everything is superb.In looks department only Polo can give a fight.
Best of luck n safe driving.
Thanks a bunch droy! Yes the build quality and suspension is way out of the league, similar to Polo, Fabia etc.

Now a generic question to guys:
How to find out if ABS is working properly? Is there any way other than slamming the breaks hard and checking for breaking [surprise]

Well i don't think so. Take your car to an open ground , wear your seatbelt and slam the brakes![evil] But don't worry with some idiots behind the wheel in our streets you will end up in panic braking sooner!

But , drive a non ABS car now , you will surely feel the difference. The bite in the brake will be more in a non ABS car. Whenever i switch over from my Aria to Verna i always end up applying more brake and braking hard for the first few KMS.

As dhaya mentioned, take your car on a big ground, preferably with loose small gravel. Drive your car at more than 50kmph (below 40kmph, ABS does not work, this is my guess). Then apply brakes. You will find the brake pedal pushing your feet back and front. This is the indication that ABS is working. Also you might notice some sound.

And yes awaiting the party for your new Punto[cheers]

Top Bottom