Introducing ‘Rogue’ in TW with a MJD heart (Punto 1.3 Emo)

Yeah seeing by other Punto threads here , the engine keeps opening itself and i think around 8 or 9k KMS Jayadev felt tremendous improvement in his car.

Some pictures after the sunfilms please.

I am not sure about the material but i think Autoform must be having something matching for Punto's interiors , you will get good seat covers for around 8-9k. If you have a better budget you have better brands though.

And ICE what are you planning to change?

Thread Starter #47
Re: Introducing ‘Rogue’ in TW with a MJD heart (Punto 1.3 Emo)

Yeah seeing by other Punto threads here , the engine keeps opening itself and i think around 8 or 9k KMS Jayadev felt tremendous improvement in his car.

Some pictures after the sunfilms please.

I am not sure about the material but i think Autoform must be having something matching for Punto's interiors , you will get good seat covers for around 8-9k. If you have a better budget you have better brands though.

And ICE what are you planning to change?
Engine is improving day by day! I am sure the change would be better after first service. ECU is learning with my way of driving it seems.

I will look for Autoform. Thanks for heads up. And yes pics pending. Will upload them soon.

Regarding ICE, I am planning to put a better system with a set of comps and coaxs. Will decide on the budget soon.

Thread Starter #48

Here are some of the pics after accessorizing [:)]

Sunfilms are not so dark but they have good heat rejection. Temperature and glare is definitely reduced a lot.
Steering grip could have been better done a little bit and also over the bumps in the steering. But as it is a common not specifically for Punto, fitting is not complete. The feel of chunky steering is very good though[:D]

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

View from inside. not so dark but good enough.
IMG_1969.jpg

One thing I have noticed & friends of mine who own Puntos complain about is people fail to notice the car is backing up,I feel they should have provided two reverse lamps on both sides for Indian models
I drove a Punto emotion today,love the thump of the doors & the powerful Aircon

Guys any suggestion on sunfilms:
What darkness for sides and rear and windshield? and which brand?

I am not looking to shell out a lot for filming. May be somewhere around 10K.
Blaupunkt is a new brand in the market. It is the original German. I have used it in my Punto last week. Quite economical. Also provide 6 years warranty for the front sunfilm and 3 years for the others.

Attachments

Finally got the filming done. Costs below. Thanks for suggestion [:)]

+1 to that. Maruti has this thing that they have given affiliation to service centers which have come at every nook and corner, but ask the owners to go to dealers for servicing. I just found that some of these authorized centers are not even connected to DMS (Dealer Management System from Maruti). They do not have and can not access records from other centers about a vehicle.
Incident: I sold my swift which did not have a spare key. We went to 3 different authorized center and got 3 different views. It seems swifts before 2007 did not have iCats introduced so the keys do not have any chip. But every of these centers misguided us and asked for a exorbitant amount. 2400 to be exact. Eventually got all the locks changed just for 1800 bucks.

Thank you! She really looks great in every color. Yes fuel bill is something which is going to bring smile everytime I visit a bunk.

Hope the smile continues for a long time to come.

650 Kms update
Engine has smoothened out a lot. The initial grunt has reduced considerably although still there. I guess it will be much refined by the time I complete around 4K-5K kms. Car's initial pulling has also improved a lot. Still not there where I want it to be. It feels a lot lighter now.

Why dont you considered upgrading to a performance chip like Pete's. The Punto is a heavier cars than other cars fitted with the national engine and though diesel engines do open up after 10000 kms, do not expect any significant performance gains with your Punto. I seriously think you should get the performance chip upgrade. Costs around Rs 25000. It will improve acceleration and roll ons.

Got filming done.
Sides and rear - Garware Ice cool - 6500
Front - V Kool CH70 - 4800
Leather steering cover - 700
Got a My Shaldan perfume for 200

Love your steering cover. Nice and classy. Much better than the hideous fit-on steering covers that many people seem to install nowadays. Good taste. By the way, please consider getting the mud flaps painted in body colour. The present ones look hideous and do not gel at all with the fantastic colour of your Punto.

Still to complete:-
1. art leather seat covers
2. ICE

Question regarding art leather - is it same as high grade rexine? or some other material? What should be the best color to go for considering greyish interiors?

Art leather is not high grade rexine. Go for a good quality one otherwise it will start to peel off after a year or so of use and will create a nuisance of litter inside your car. About ICEing, I don't think the OEM HU could be upgraded so you will have to go for and upgrade of the speakers (contrary to popular misconception, it's the SPEAKERS that affect the sound quality more then the HU does). Also add an amplifier, woofer and tweeters if you want to go the whole hog. Remember that companies that manufacture only speakers make better speakers than companies that make full range of audio systems and so you must buy speakers from such manufacturers like JBL, Velocity, Audible Dynamics, etc. Waiting to see results of you upgrade. All the best.

Last edited:

Finally got the filming done. Costs below. Thanks for suggestion [:)]
+1 to that. Maruti has this thing that they have given affiliation to service centers which have come at every nook and corner, but ask the owners to go to dealers for servicing. I just found that some of these authorized centers are not even connected to DMS (Dealer Management System from Maruti). They do not have and can not access records from other centers about a vehicle.
Incident: I sold my swift which did not have a spare key. We went to 3 different authorized center and got 3 different views. It seems swifts before 2007 did not have iCats introduced so the keys do not have any chip. But every of these centers misguided us and asked for a exorbitant amount. 2400 to be exact. Eventually got all the locks changed just for 1800 bucks.

Thank you! She really looks great in every color. Yes fuel bill is something which is going to bring smile everytime I visit a bunk.

Hope the smile continues for a long time to come.

650 Kms update
Engine has smoothened out a lot. The initial grunt has reduced considerably although still there. I guess it will be much refined by the time I complete around 4K-5K kms. Car's initial pulling has also improved a lot. Still not there where I want it to be. It feels a lot lighter now.

Why dont you considered upgrading to a performance chip like Pete's. The Punto is a heavier cars than other cars fitted with the national engine and though diesel engines do open up after 10000 kms, do not expect any significant performance gains with your Punto. I seriously think you should get the performance chip upgrade. Costs around Rs 25000. It will improve acceleration and roll ons.

Got filming done.
Sides and rear - Garware Ice cool - 6500
Front - V Kool CH70 - 4800
Leather steering cover - 700
Got a My Shaldan perfume for 200

Love your steering cover. Nice and classy. Much better than the hideous fit-on steering covers that many people seem to install nowadays. Good taste.Also, consider getting the mud flaps painted in body colour. The present ones look hideous and do not gel at all with that lovely body colour of your Punto.

Still to complete:-
1. art leather seat covers
2. ICE

Question regarding art leather - is it same as high grade rexine? or some other material? What should be the best color to go for considering greyish interiors?

Art leather is not high grade rexine. Go for a good quality one otherwise it will start to peel off after a year or so of use and will create a nuisance of litter inside your car. About ICEing, I don't think the OEM HU could be upgraded so you will have to go for and upgrade of the speakers (contrary to popular misconception, it's the SPEAKERS that affect the sound quality more then the HU does). Also add an amplifier, woofer and tweeters if you want to go the whole hog. Remember that companies that manufacture only speakers make better speakers than companies that make full range of audio systems and so you must buy speakers from such manufacturers like JBL, Velocity, Audible Dynamics, etc. Waiting to see results of you upgrade. All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #53

Love your steering cover. Nice and classy. Much better than the hideous fit-on steering covers that many people seem to install nowadays. Good taste.Also, consider getting the mud flaps painted in body colour. The present ones look hideous and do not gel at all with that lovely body colour of your Punto.

Thanks a bunch for all those suggestions.

Regarding performance, yes I have a plan for to put in Pete's after 10-15K. Stock performance will not be something which I would be excited about [:)]
May be put in performance filters as well.

ICEing - yes I am thinking of upgrading HU plus the speakers as HU doesn't have support for USB and AUX, which are my main source of music. I am not an audiophile but do like clarity and SQ. I am looking for good RFs, Velocity, or JBLs, which ever fits my budget!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice set of accessories and good pictures of punto. IMHO, before other accessories, you should go for 15" alloys. Your car really needs one.

I liked the steering wheel wrap. Looks chunky and nice.

Thread Starter #55

Blaupunkt is a new brand in the market. It is the original German. I have used it in my Punto last week. Quite economical. Also provide 6 years warranty for the front sunfilm and 3 years for the others.
Yes. Even I checked out later and found these to be available. I missed putting these on!

Nice set of accessories and good pictures of punto. IMHO, before other accessories, you should go for 15" alloys. Your car really needs one.

I liked the steering wheel wrap. Looks chunky and nice.
Thanks Amit, I really wanted Linea alloys. IMO they would have looked best. Waited for a while but could not get them. So it will be next on my agenda after these tyres run out.

@Amiti- PCD of Punto is 98. Difficult to find alloys in that!! But hunting for alloys is always fun[:D]
Chasing a girl is more fun than having her. :biggrin:

@Amiti- PCD of Punto is 98. Difficult to find alloys in that!! But hunting for alloys is always fun[:D]
Yes, not many options are available for 98PCD alloys. The fact that not many Puntos are on the road does not help matters either. Linea alloys/Punto Emotion Pk alloys cost around Rs 7500/piece which is quite expensive as aftermarket alloys (Aura/Neo) would cost around Rs 4500/piece.

Last edited:

Yes I am aware of the PCD for Fiat. But nowadays, you do get 98 PCD alloys. As previously mentioned, he should have had gone for alloys in first place. Punto really looks good in this color.

Oh now I know what kind of emergencies you are in mumbaikar[;)]

Thread Starter #59

@Amiti- PCD of Punto is 98. Difficult to find alloys in that!! But hunting for alloys is always fun
Chasing a girl is more fun than having her.
Hmm interesting fact, doctor. Which girl are you chasing[lol]! Hope she didnt come for a checkup.

Yes, not many options are available for 98PCD alloys. The fact that not many Puntos are on the road does not help matters either. Linea alloys/Punto Emotion Pk alloys cost around Rs 7500/piece which is quite expensive as aftermarket alloys (Aura/Neo) would cost around Rs 4500/piece.
Yes it is difficult to find 98 PCD alloys, but these days there are few. Brand new alloys were going over my budget. And I just could not get hold of used ones [cry]

Another update. As I was contemplating going to 3M Car Care in Baner, I did get a chance to go there today.
And well after talking to the manager/owner, I ended up taking up the Paint Sealant program.

My ratings:
Experience: *****
Service: *****
Economy: ***
Treatment: *****

Car already had a few swirl marks on the bonnet due to insensitive cleaning from the cleaner. So I decided to go for it and see the changes.

I had to shelve 3330 inclusive of taxes.

Here are few pictures taken after job was done.

IMG_8328.jpg

IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg

The quality of job is to be seen in flesh. I would suggest this to every new car buyer. Stay away from the shady teflon coating given free by dealers and get Paint sealant done from 3M. It really brings out the gloss, wet finish on the car.

Here are few pics of the car at the time of delivery.
IMG_8316.jpg

IMG_8318.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg

Top Bottom