Interview With Vinu: 1st South Indian Biker To Complete Bun Burner

Yeah,his bike had hit the divider at a quite good speed and then he flew for about 20 feet and then landed on ground.
For one week he was in comma and then lost the battle against death.(Not sure,but i came across this news)

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Sad to hear about the accident. More details on this would be nice.
If I’m not mistaken, Vinu was completing another challenge when he suddenly met an accident while returning back on the way from Chennai to Nellore. His bike hit the sidewall of a flyover and he unfortunately fell off on the railway track. Local police immediately admitted him to a hospital after which he was shifted to another hospital in Chennai. This is a dedicated facebook page of him: https://www.facebook.com/VinuMadMax

Drive Safe,
350Z

OMG?? anyone here know the reason for the incident?

May his Soul RIP

Vinu S. Viswanathan, a recognised race biker hailing from Hyderabad, succumbed to serious head injuries he received in a road accident on the National Highway 5 in the Nayudupeta police circle limits in the SPSR Nellore district.

The accident occurred on February 8 and subsequently he was rushed to a Chennai hospital where he battled for life till Tuesday night.

The police said that Vinu hit the side wall of a bridge, flew over it and fell on the railway track below near Nelaballi village. He was first taken to Government Hospital in Sullurupeta from where he was shifted to a private hospital in Chennai. Vinu's parents live at Defence Colony in Neredmet, Secunderabad.

20-foot fall

Nayudupeta Circle Inspector C. Manikya Rao told The Hindu that Vinu was wearing a helmet at the time of accident, but he received fatal head injuries due to 20-feet fall from the bridge. Blood dripped from ears due to internal injuries. The accident occurred around noon and there was no eye witness account except that the biker was found lying with injuries on the track. A passionate biker from college days, Vinu had the distinction of being the first South Indian to complete Iron Butt Association's (USA) Bun Burner Challenge thereby achieving its prestigious certification. IBA, USA, is a club of world's tough riders.

Vinu was stated to be going home to Hyderabad from Chennai on his race bike when the accident occurred.

The district police went to Chennai hospital on Wednesday to conduct post-mortem and handing over the body to family members. When Vinu completed Bun Burner Challenge, he followed the route from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari via Bengaluru and Madurai. It was not known as to why he took NH 5 route this time.

R.I.P

The Hindu

very sad info guys! i was very happy to read about his accomplishment in iron butt but life planned something else for him. well he will always keep inspiring biker like me. RIP buddy. [cry]

Top Bottom