Interior Lighting and Footwell Lighting with LED

Posting My images on your thread bro...
I wanted to do the same set up. Blue LEDs in the footwell in sync with Cabin Light.

Can you please show more pics of the rear ones? How and where it's installed and how the wires are connected. Checked with couple of shops and they aren't positive doing it in the rear. Hence, I am holding it.

Hey guys.
I bought a Wagon R last week.
Want to install LEDs, mainly interested in underdash lighting (Blue color)

Can anybody guide me where can I get it done in Delhi?
Can it be done without cutting the wires and without voiding the warranty?
Please help, dying to get the lights!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hey guys.
I bought a Wagon R last week.
Want to install LEDs, mainly interested in underdash lighting (Blue color)

Can anybody guide me where can I get it done in Delhi?
Can it be done without cutting the wires and without voiding the warranty?
Please help, dying to get the lights!
I wanted to do the same set up. Blue LEDs in the footwell in sync with Cabin Light.

Can you please show more pics of the rear ones? How and where it's installed and how the wires are connected. Checked with couple of shops and they aren't positive doing it in the rear. Hence, I am holding it.

thanks akash.
Have you tried them?
Does installing those lights will void my warranty on new car? Do they cut wires?
1)Don't Bother with the Bue LEDs. The glare is not good for eyes. Stick to White or better yet, warm white LEDs. I am using White ones.
2)I did not cut any wires and whole setup is removable in just 15min. It depends on the car and installer's intelligence.
3)For the rear Lamps, I Opened the gear lever cover and center tunnel (cup holder part) and ran wires underneath. I left the leds slightly poked out from the tunnel. You can carry wires under carpet and place them directly under rear seats as well.
4) pics i'll have to find.

Hey Guys,

This is my first DIY post.

As you guys knew my trip to yercaud got postponed, I thought of doing some DIY stuff.

there are some electronic stores near my area in salem. I just went and asked for the LED strip. Surprisingly They said yes and its available for what ever length required. it costs Rs140/= per meter. I chose half a meter white & half a meter blue. the shop where i bought the LED strip Does not deal with loose LEDs and PCBs.

So I went to another shop for the Loose LEDs. I bought 12 white LEDs. 1 PCB & 2 meters of wire for connecting purpose.

I took the PCB and connected the Loose LEDs in series connection by 4x3

Each LED is 3 volts. By connecting 4of them in series it makes 12 volt capable. And for extra illumination, I added 2 more rows so it can give good light spread.

The connections are shown in the below pics.

Then I tried to connect it with a 12 volt supply.

Bingo!!

The Light was perfect.

I also bought a soldering iron for the above assembling purpose.

The Total cost of Materials is Rs260/=
Hi ravi,

I am vinod from salem. my m800 is in paint shop. i wish to install the same led for foot well. can u tell me where in salem i can get it.
regards
vinod

Have a question, little OT, but somehow relevant.

I went to replace my Figo's cabin light with LED and the accessory guy broke the switch [frustration]

I asked him to search anywhere he can, but no luck yet. At Ford, the entire cabin light assembly to be replaced which would cost about 2K+ [cry]

So, where else in Bangalore can we find one? JC Road, Shivaji Nagar? Any specific inputs would help better.

yes this can be used, but Id rather suggest a full rgb strip so you can change the color via remote.
Is there amber LED strips available?. If at all I am doing this DIY, I can have my speedo console backlight color matched with this.
I think wrapping warm white LEDs with amber coloured sheets won't be a good idea.
Could you please post some closer pics of the LED illumination setup with the LEDs powered off.

Have you anytime used ghost shadow logo lights?. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Rather than a hit and trial method, go for the RGB colored strips, they have a remote which could setup your leds to the exact color you want.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Is there amber LED strips available?. If at all I am doing this DIY, I can have my speedo console backlight color matched with this.
I think wrapping warm white LEDs with amber coloured sheets won't be a good idea.
Could you please post some closer pics of the LED illumination setup with the LEDs powered off.

Have you anytime used ghost shadow logo lights?. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
ambers sure are available if you look hard. they're used in turn signal. if all fails, I'll suggest you buy warm white led but Paint them yellow using Glass Paint. I've done the same at my home to give a warmer look, doesn't hurt at all.

for the pics please try my i10 blue boy thread.

Top Bottom