Interior Lighting and Footwell Lighting with LED

Sorry dint get your point.

You can cut the led strip say 3 led's, solder it. Then you can't make a piece of 10, as I told it can be done in this form 3,6,9,12..

Sorry dint get your point.

You can cut the led strip say 3 led's, solder it. Then you can't make a piece of 10, as I told it can be done in this form 3,6,9,12..
what i ment was...suppose I have a led strip of 10 leds.
I want 3 strips of 3 leds each,now if i cut the 10 led strip in the manner that I get 3 strips of 3 leds each how do i do the soldering work.[confused][confused]

What will happen when i cut the 10 led strip is the first stip of 3 leds will have the soldering points ...
what about the remaining two?

In your manner if you ave a strip of 10 led's.

3,3,3 the last one will be wasted, by the way I guess you wont get 10 led strip.
Can you post the pic, so that I can help you out.

In your manner if you ave a strip of 10 led's.

3,3,3 the last one will be wasted, by the way I guess you wont get 10 led strip.
Can you post the pic, so that I can help you out.
I have a 60cm white waterproof led strip, i want 2 strips of 30 cm each.

This is the full strip

Last edited:
I have come across this fantastic lights called (electro luminocent) EL lights, amazing light strips which glow evenly unlike LED's. these lights are a standard feature in the BMW's. trying to search for them badly here in bangalore but no one seems to sell it her in india itself !.they are available in ebay but i would want them at my specifications so chose not to waste my money on them. they come in various colors and different types (Wires,tapes,flat panels), if at all this is available in India interior lighting mods will change forever. attaching some pictures, does any one know where to procure these ?

i googled Some pics i found on an other forum . i don know if i can put them here, mods pls delete if its against the rules

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I have come across this fantastic lights called (electro luminocent) EL lights, amazing light strips which glow evenly unlike LED's. these lights are a standard feature in the BMW's. trying to search for them badly here in bangalore but no one seems to sell it her in india itself !.they are available in ebay but i would want them at my specifications so chose not to waste my money on them. they come in various colors and different types (Wires,tapes,flat panels), if at all this is available in India interior lighting mods will change forever. attaching some pictures, does any one know where to procure these ?

i googled Some pics i found on an other forum . i don know if i can put them here, mods pls delete if its against the rules
Man, that was awesome man.. I remember seeing this kind in GP Road / Pudhpet in Chennai. Not sure. May be I can check and reply back.

Man, that was awesome man.. I remember seeing this kind in GP Road / Pudhpet in Chennai. Not sure. May be I can check and reply back
Would be of great help Sethu ! i might come down to Chennai to just to pick them up

I might visit Pudhupet this monday if possible. When I go there I will try to take pics of this. So that I can get good idea to the shops over there.
Sethu did you visit Pudhupet, any leads you got .....?

Re: Interior Lighting & footwell lighting with LED

Guys Please see the Effect of the LEDs in my car.

The Strips were fixed below the dash board to light the foot well. I used the blue for the purpose.

The white light is fixed in the B pillar.

I connected the Foot well lights to the Roof light.

So when ever i open the door, the light comes to life.

And if i want to switch on manually, That is also possible.
I am a first-timer for these kind of things. Please bear with me.

When you say, you connect it to the same wire that is connected to the roof lamp, does it mean
1. You isolate the wire by tugging at it and then figure out the wire near the footwell
2. Cut it
3. Connect in parallel

Is that it?

Please let me know

Bright Interior lighting with LED

I want to change the yellow colour stock bulb with a new LED in the cabin, as the old one is with very minimal illumination. I used to carry a torch light to check things inside cabin during night journeys, so I changed like this.

The new LED set is having 15 bulbs and simply replaced the stock bulb and done soldering and no need of any resistor to be connected for this. Thats all, the guy charged Rs.140+30 for the entire work and total work finished in less than 15 min, Now the lighting is awesome and it is bright white now.[:)]

Regards,

Attachments

Top Bottom