Interesting Survey Results About Indian Car Market

Thread Starter #1
Things you did not know about the India car market

1. We are one of the most internet savvy countries – The number of Indian consumers researching online reaches 95 percent in 2011 from 86 percent in 2010.

2. We like new cars, even most fist time buyers will buy new cars – 92% of car buyers intend to buy a new vehicle as opposed to a 2nd hand car, but you probably already knew that.

3. We read the fine print – 91% Indian car buyers say that the service contract influences their purchase decision, this is more than anywhere else in the world

cars.jpg

cars002.jpg
Source - Capgemini’s Car Online Survey Cars Online 11/12: Cars Online 11/12: Changing Dynamics Drive New Developments | Cars Online 2011/2012 | Capgemini India

Re: Things you did not know about the India car market

Hi jimb,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Thanks for sharing the information. Indeed the car buyers in India no longer stick to a particular brand. There was a time when the foreign car brands had to face tough times selling their cars even though they were pretty much loaded when compared to the Indian counterparts. However, in the recent times, the scenario has completely changed.

Well i feel its true i know alot of people who have checked online & auto mags before choosing there cars,I feel TAI should have a shortcut info page where details are given of every car like the info pages on the magazines but more accurate [:)]

I bought all three vehicles via internet research.
Two cars and a motorcycle.

To me Internet is proving to be more reliable than word of mouth and advertisements..

I bought my sparky based on the research I done on internet. Everything both positive and negative features are as it is i found on the net [ like good AC, no support for thigh in front seat etc ].

Only thing is mileage. But still I got hope [ based on fellow members advice and comments ] it will get improved and that also will be as i found on the net.

Net is really good and gives you full information.

I love doing that.

well every car freak searches internet..dont need to tell why we all are here!! [:)]

Yeah i also used the internet extensively for both my car purchases till now.

But for a newly launched vehicle the internet can help you only a little. For example when i was searching for info about Aria i could find only a few ownership reviews.

I trust ownership reviews more than magazine test drive reports.

J D Power Asia Pacific 2014 Indian dealership satisfaction index.
1401346095J%20D%20Power%20Survey%20result.jpg

According to J. D. Power Asia Pacific 2014 India Dealer Satisfaction with Automotive Manufacturers Index study, the auto manufacturer s in India is improving the after-sales services of their business due to slow down in domestic markets.
Only 42 % of dealers were reported to be profitable in FY 2013-2014. The situation is more critical for dealerships based in India’s six largest cities, with only 31 % expecting to make a profit this year. Dealers rely on sales-related proceeds from new-car sales, accessories, insurance and credit/ loans commissions for about half of their revenues. Despite the overall vehicle sales are down by 6 % from 2013, a larger number of dealerships have reported estimated losses in 2014.
http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/001258/J-D--Power-Dealer-Satisfaction-survey-Results.html

^^ Fiat, Skoda not even in the list [surprise]

But happy to see the top 3 lead by Japanese. Surely reflects the peace of mind customers get after buying their product. [clap]
After having owned cars from Top 3 Brands in that list, i will say that Toyota has best After Sales, Maruti has the most Service Outlets and Honda being the cheapest to maintain and service.

Well Horizon-next i hope starts to show results! Hope the 2015 survey has some cheer for TML
A note of caution- with the internet comes the risk of bogus car owners posing great reviews of cars-proxy for the manufacturer!
I would read all i can on the net and THEN go and try out test drive, deals, attitudes of the sales people and then make my call
Even JD power can only be a guide!-a powerful one at that though

Top Bottom