Insurance Policy Renewal of My Punto

Thread Starter #1
Punto is completing one year in nov and also policy requires renewal. Originally policy was not zero dep policy, due to my careless nature. [frustration]. Now I want to rectify my mistake. So called up the Balaji cars insurance adviser, on first call lady suggested me that as I have claimed some amount in the current year, I cannot go for zero dep with same company, however I can get the same from other company. I am bit confused.

Advice is much appreciated.

Re: Insurance Policy renewal for my PUNTO

Dharmesh

That information was correct from Balaji people. Yeah you can go with some other company, but select the other company based on some feedback on how easy it is to get a claim[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Gurrala, you are right, but when I called again the other guy picked up the call and he said that I can get zero dep from same company as well. [surprise]. I can get zero dep until the car is 3 years old. So I am very confused as what way to go. And then thought who other than gurus in TAI to be consulted. [:D]

Dharmesh,

As per general rules which I read, they do not do this when a claim is there in the previous year just like they do not give NCB. But if somebody say that he can get this done, simple thing find out the nearest office of that insurance company and ask them about these details just as like a new enquirer not mentioning your policy details or anything to them. So " dhood ka dhood and pani ka pani" mods sorry I cannot translate this into english here, if I do so, then it will become like the movie " Munna bhai MBBS"[:)]

Punto is completing one year in nov and also policy requires renewal. Originally policy was not zero dep policy, due to my careless nature. [frustration]. Now I want to rectify my mistake. So called up the Balaji cars insurance adviser, on first call lady suggested me that as I have claimed some amount in the current year, I cannot go for zero dep with same company, however I can get the same from other company. I am bit confused.

Advice is much appreciated.
I don't know if the info is correct or not. I had zero dep from bajaj Allianz and this year too they called me for renewal of policy under zero dep. Anyways, no harm in trying new company.

Bharti axa is also following me up for renewal of policy for many days and they are offering discount on insurance for few months. You may like to contact them. Should I forward you the contact of lady (I believe she is working for Delhi office though)?

Thread Starter #6

This is the best quote i received from one of the site, easypolicy.com after comparing different policies. I have asked him question whether this is zero depreciation or not. Awaiting for his reply.

Reliance
Premium Breakup Details
Model : Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack
IDV : 490451
Final Premium : 14861

One thing is I never knew Reliance also provides car insurance.

@Rightnow: I will check with Bharti axa here in Mumbai. Thanks.

Dharmesh,

You can check the prices at Policybazar.com also. If that person says yes it is zero depreciation policy, then ask him to forward you a quote where you can read that what policy he is offering and any limitations on that.

This is the best quote i received from one of the site, easypolicy.com after comparing different policies. I have asked him question whether this is zero depreciation or not. Awaiting for his reply.

Reliance
Premium Breakup Details
Model : Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack
IDV : 490451
Final Premium : 14861

One thing is I never knew Reliance also provides car insurance.

@Rightnow: I will check with Bharti axa here in Mumbai. Thanks.
try HDFC insurance too.

Reliance in each and every sector will have doubts [roll]

better try their online quotes etc for fair idea of how much you can gain from discounts.

cashless insurance will be an added benefit.

from my experience royal sundaram will give you best online quotes.

check with TAss for feedback about royal sundaram.

i chose HDFC because it has cashless tieup with M&M A.S.S

also got about 6k discount from the dealer when he was hmself providing about 8k discount.

try policybazaar.com for a comparison of quotes you can manage from companies.

if you want it from HDFC i can help with an official who can help you with discounts.(atleast he mentioned it to me, i am not that sure if he can do it though)

also would suggest you try to inquire in their offices directly to avoid dealer commission going through your premiums.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

I have also checked PolicyBazaar and attached are the quotes I got from PolicyBazaar.

Capture.PNG

I renewed my policy (not zero dep) with New India Assurance.

IDV - 495000
Premium - 10500

@dharmesh
Above quotes are on higher side. I really wonder no one is going to suggest New India Assurance.

Thread Starter #11
I received call from easypolicy guy and he said that zero dep Reliance will cost me about Rs.17xxx. The premiums might be on the higher side as I have already claimed some insurance in my existing policies.

I have asked him the policy terms document, lets see. And yes they provide cashless claims. [:D]

Now try for online quotes from the individual insurance companies website.
They will do a callback where you can negotiate further.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
This is the zero dep quote I received from the guy.

Capture.PNG

I will also go to Fortune Motors on Monday to check if they have any deal for me. [;)]

One of my friend in Pune also renewed his insurance last month, He had also taken non zero dep policy from Tata AIG for first year. He wanted to opt for Bajaj Allianz zero dep policy for second year.
Bajaj Allianz executive told the same thing to him, Since he had a claim during first year he cannot opt for ZERO dep insurance pplicy now from Bajaj Allianz [:(]
Finally he renewed his policy from Tata AIG itself & converted to zero dep.
The premium quoted was 15410/- for IDV of 4.43L.

Friends,

Can you people through some light on major benefit with zero dep. policy !! be practical with your view and not just written in the rules and regulations of policy document

Top Bottom